Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

darkhors

Bake Skates a 2nd time?

So I've had my x90's for about 2 full months now and I just put some powerfeet inserts in last night. They seem to make the feel of the skate much better. That said, the very end of the insert sits just past the stitching of the tongue and I was wondering if I should take the skates in to have them baked again with the inserts in there. Would it make a difference since the inserts are basically just in the toe cap area or do you think it could beneficial because my feet will be more stabilized? Hoping someone has been through this, thx!

Personally, I wouldn't bake them a second time. You have already baked them once and have been wearing them for two months. The tech mesh on the x90 would be more prone breaking down early.

Just my two cents.

I've always baked my skates twice. I do it when I first get them, wear them a couple weeks, then do it again. Seems to iron out any fit issues pretty well. Can't speak on your situation in particular though

i baked my NXG's twice and my LHS recommended i did it. they said with the newer skates it's not a problem. and i'm very happy with them a couple years later.

Speaking from experience with the Powerfoot inserts...just skate in them. It might take a skate or two for them to completely 'loosen' up, for lack of a better word. I put Speed Plates and Powefoot inserts into my MX3's a few months ago and it's amazing how perfect my skates feel.

Baking skates twice is fine, but you're not supposed to bake the skates while the inserts are in the toe box.

Thanks everyone, I think I'll wait until I get a few skates in with the powerfeet and I'm hoping to pick up some yellow superfeet too, so maybe I'll do that and then take out the inserts and bake them again.

Thanks everyone, I think I'll wait until I get a few skates in with the powerfeet and I'm hoping to pick up some yellow superfeet too, so maybe I'll do that and then take out the inserts and bake them again.

If you're changing your footbed, then yes, re-bake the skates. Especially since yellow superfeet will raise your heel slightly and increase pitch. However, I would imagine baking with Powerfeet inserts would be bad for the adhesive. Mike Boyarchuk (spelling), who works for Powerfeet should be able to confirm with you on the latter. He frequently posts on these forums.

If you're changing your footbed, then yes, re-bake the skates. Especially since yellow superfeet will raise your heel slightly and increase pitch. However, I would imagine baking with Powerfeet inserts would be bad for the adhesive. Mike Boyarchuk (spelling), who works for Powerfeet should be able to confirm with you on the latter. He frequently posts on these forums.

I just rebaked today after adding Superfeet Yellows to my skates. Just felt like my heel was out of place after the addition. I haven't been on the ice yet, but they feel nice and snug again.

Ok, so after reading a few more of these, I'm definitely going to wait until I get the Yellow Superfeet. Then I'll take out the powerfeet, bake and put back in. Hopefully the skates will be perfect when done.

Thanks for all the input!