Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fletch

Well, yesterday sucked.

Yeah same here, it is a good idea though IMO, if someone decided to steal the key, they wouldn't get theirs back

Arena's could care less if you lose something or have it stolen. If something like that happened to me, I'd want answers. That would be an arena I wouldn't consider going to again until they made some drastic changes.

Don't you guys have locks on your dressing rooms? We do but we usually never lock the room when we go to the ice.

Heh....the rink I was at doesn't even have doors on the locker rooms, IIRC.

I got a Z-Bubble stolen from me once, I got it a week before. I was real pissed, I just got it and it was when the ZB Grips just came out. I bought a new one off the net that week and the guy on there ripped me off too! I was down $200, and was real pissed at life. Hah, then somebody on here traded me wheels for a Branches shaft, and I've been using that since about last week when I got a Vapor VI. Heh, I can't remember who I traded with, but thanks, that shaft was awesome.

Oh yeah, back on topic: Getting your stuff stolen sucks.

I always bring my sticks to wear I'm getting changed anyway. That coming not from an experience with a stolen stick, but with experience from people knocking over your sticks when they leave. They have the time to knock it down but not the time to pick it back up. As a result you have to pick it up yourself or else your stick will get stepped on.

We played last Tuesday night at a local 2-pad arena. One team playing on the other rink had their room broken into and all their boots, clothes and empty bags stolen. Empty hockey bags... to carry the stuff away in. Strange, I thought. Keys, watches, wallets, phones - everything was gone. The unfortunate players had to get picked up by friends, girlfriends, wives while still dressed in their gear. Looked funny see guys climbing into cars fully dressed, looking like a bunch of tyke players whose parents dress them at home. The police where there for a couple of hours making lists of what was missing from the room.

Can't say you haven't been warned. Protect yourselves.

It really depends on the rink and the biggest thing is the outdoor access.

Some rinks I bring my bag and all to the bench others are no big deal.

We have a rink at a mall where the outdoor access from the locker room is the mall itself. They rarley lock those doors no less. A very bad thing.

Other rinks the only outdoor access is either through the Zamboni room or the front desk. In either case there are always people around.

Also note if there are alot of kids hanging out while you are playing. Certainly for pickup there should be no on around who is not skating.

I hate to say it but hockey players are the worst when it comes to stealing stuff. I've had a few experiences of locker rooms getting ripped off, even one rink where the door was locked. Rule of thumb: never bring anything into the rink that you would mind being stolen. I always lock my wallet and phone in the glove compartment before going into the rink and I always bring my sticks into the lockerroom.

That's the benefit of 11PM games, nobody in there right mind is in the rink, let alone someone looking to cop a stick.

When I first turned 18 and would play 2am or so open hockey, 16-17 year olds would come...suit up...then when they checked IDs get thrown off on purpose. While everyone was getting changed they'd run bags.

Damn, last call hockey. I could get into that.

it was great, other than it being in staten island. you'd get the real diehards, and a lot of real skill. you don't get the "lunch rush" of the mid-afternoon open hockey that tends to attract guys just doing it as their workout instead of doing pilates.

Only problem with SI is paying for the verazano bridge. You can practically buy a new comp blade after paying for hockey and that insane toll.

Only problem with SI is paying for the verazano bridge. You can practically buy a new comp blade after paying for hockey and that insane toll.

hah exactly, I'd take the outerbridge, between that and the parkway it'd end up being about 25 bucks for open hockey. but it was worth it, and what else is there to do when you're 18 at 2am on a friday?

Can't disagree with you at all. I'm doing almost the same right now with Long beach now that I'm on break. They've got open hockey for 15+2.50 for toll (total) for crossing that bridge on the 878, not bad at all considering that Chelsea Piers wants 25 to play with a bunch of assholes. Add on the money for the midtown tunnel and then parking (if you can find it) and it gets near 35. Also doesn't help that the pathfinder is brutal on gas...

hah, the chelsea piers assholes are probably a bunch of the guys I play roller with mixed in with your normal guys that play there that do nothing but stickcheck.

We had one rink in here in town that was known for lockerroom theft...one guy took his helemt bag and we all threw our wallets, keys & phones into it and he took it to the bench with him.

Most rinks around here are pretty good, and a few, you can see the rooms from the bench, so you know if someone has gone in while your one the ice.

We had one rink in here in town that was known for lockerroom theft...one guy took his helemt bag and we all threw our wallets, keys & phones into it and he took it to the bench with him.

Most rinks around here are pretty good, and a few, you can see the rooms from the bench, so you know if someone has gone in while your one the ice.

The best setup around here is in York PA. The locker rooms are located 10 feet from the bench and each has it's own toilet, sink and shower.

Stuff doesn't usually get stolen at the shinnys and open skates around here. Still I take my bag out to the bench. If your playing in a league or on a team, the dressing room should be locked anyways :S.

Stuff doesn't usually get stolen at the shinnys and open skates around here. Still I take my bag out to the bench. If your playing in a league or on a team, the dressing room should be locked anyways :S.

One of the rinks it doesn't matter. Someone has a master key and gets in anyway.

Then it must be an employee. Complain to the rink. Also if the place has cameras you could ask to watch the footage to see who took your stuff. If the place has linked dressing rooms (usually by washrooms) this can be a problem though.

Good thing about a small town..everyone knows everyone and nothing really gets stolen. Never had anything happen to me. Hadn't had anything happen to me when I lived in California either, guess I've been lucky :ph34r:

Ugh. This thread really makes me mad.

I few years ago I left my wallet in my jeans and just threw them on top of my bag in the dressing area w/ all the other players' gear.

Came back the wallet (leather fossil; brand new xmas gift), cash and ATM card were gone :angry::angry::angry:

The asshole was nice enough to leave behind my license and library card though. POS.

I've forgotten stuff at rinks and if I do that, I just assume no one's gonna be a stand up person and take it to lost and found. Call me a pessimist.

I now, never ever, bring my wallet or cell to the rink. Just the pertinent ID and like ten or fifteen bucks.

The only reason I bring my wallet and cell in with me is in case something happens and someone needs my ID or insurance info. And they could use my cell to contact family, etc.

But, as I said earlier, I lock my bag with a lock when I'm not around it so that's not really an issue, unless someone tries to steal my whole bag. Now that would suck volumes.