Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Kgbeast

Team USA vs. Team Canada

Really enjoyed the game. Lots of talent, lots of heart. Watching this is as if watching a Stanley Cup playoffs. Carrey Price started a bit unfocused, but had some good saves. Quick is at the top of his game and in my opinion is the reason USA took this win.  Canada outshot USA by a factor of 2. Quick has seeing lots of action, and let in just one goal. Reminded me Tretyak in 76 summit series against Canada. Great deffence from Canada which basically left Carrey Price untested comparing to Quicks game. Awesome game in my opinion, two top teams for sure.

I was initially skeptical of this tournament but if that's the level of intensity were going to see on a game to game basis I'm suddenly interested. 

What I didn't like to see was Giroux, Seguin and Weber have near misses on injuries that could have put them out long term. I'm American for what it's worth. 

Loved the intensity between USA and Canada. Gonna make for a great final if they meet for it.

Feels a little obvious that this tournament isnt very important to the players as any little thing causes them to be replaced. 

I think players getting pulled for "any little thing" is more a function of their organizations' trying to protect their asset and not the tournament not being important. to the players.

Should be interesting to watch tonight. USA has left their chances of advancement in the hands of everybody except themselves. Dubinsky got scratched tonight which is odd because he plays Sid so well defensively. I still think CAN edges out USA in something like a 3-1 game.

Well that game was anti-climactic.  That first period was fun for a while and US showed some life for a few minutes in the third, but otherwise Canada throttled them.

Curious roster decisions coupled with a curious coaching decision was a recipe for failure. I think it is guaranteed that the next Team USA will have a different coach and guys like Abdelkader and Dubinsky will not be on the roster.

I got no real impression from the USA vs Canada game last night. To me it was the game that was entertaining and borring all at the same time. After the initial exhibition game, I was expecting more and this was pretty underwhelming. It looked like USA team basically played a weak game and Canada stayed a couple of points better, but certainly did not go out of their way either. I would have much preferred if Canada wiped the ice with US team. As I believe NFL coach Wooden said once "You must play to the best of your abilities, not to the best abilities of your a opponent".

Edited by Kgbeast

22 hours ago, chippa13 said:

Curious roster decisions coupled with a curious coaching decision was a recipe for failure. I think it is guaranteed that the next Team USA will have a different coach and guys like Abdelkader and Dubinsky will not be on the roster.

Team USA was probably the worst team in the tournament when the games mattered. They never made any adjustments on the ice to try to beat their opponents. Granted Canada is stacked with Talent but aside from the first few shifts where USA scored first; they were pretty much dominated. But to get to your point, yes, those 2 players will not be on the team and players like Austin Mathews and Eichel will fill the void.

Also, that NA/SWE game yesterday was probably one of the most exciting games I have watched ever, The OT period was absolutely incredible. HUMONGOUS saves at both ends until Mackinnon finally sealed it up. I hope NA gets help today to advance because they are so exciting to watch.

41 minutes ago, Bakum said:

Team USA was probably the worst team in the tournament when the games mattered. They never made any adjustments on the ice to try to beat their opponents. Granted Canada is stacked with Talent but aside from the first few shifts where USA scored first; they were pretty much dominated. But to get to your point, yes, those 2 players will not be on the team and players like Austin Mathews and Eichel will fill the void.

Also, that NA/SWE game yesterday was probably one of the most exciting games I have watched ever, The OT period was absolutely incredible. HUMONGOUS saves at both ends until Mackinnon finally sealed it up. I hope NA gets help today to advance because they are so exciting to watch.

I agree on Team NA. They are pretty awesome talented. Their speed and stick skills are some of the best and they definitely can do very well in the finals, but before that, in my opinion, they need to figure out how to control their emotions and pace the game. They get crushed by mishaps too fast. I saw it happened in game against Russia and again against Sweden. Once they grow to be more accepting that it will not always go their way, and that they need work hard the entire game not just 10 minutes in the first and 10 minutes in the last, they will be taking this Cup for sure (if Russia remains disorganized tonight as they were in all of the previous games).    

On 9/21/2016 at 3:43 PM, Kgbeast said:

I got no real impression from the USA vs Canada game last night. To me it was the game that was entertaining and borring all at the same time. After the initial exhibition game, I was expecting more and this was pretty underwhelming. It looked like USA team basically played a weak game and Canada stayed a couple of points better, but certainly did not go out of their way either. I would have much preferred if Canada wiped the ice with US team. As I believe NFL coach Wooden said once "You must play to the best of your abilities, not to the best abilities of your a opponent".

Babcock prefers a really defensive style, they played his system perfectly.