Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jgscenter

90's Skates

11 minutes ago, Playmakersedge said:

Bauer made a skate that was supreme custom 100 architecture.  But they were called Roos* they were made from kangaroo leather  .  Anyone have these? 

I had a pair of Roos with the clear Tuuk holder in the early 80's.  Extremely comfortable skate, but I out grew them in about half a season.  Gave them to my best friend, who wore them for a couple more years.

8 minutes ago, boo10 said:

I had a pair of Roos with the clear Tuuk holder in the early 80's.  Extremely comfortable skate, but I out grew them in about half a season.  Gave them to my best friend, who wore them for a couple more years.

They were Cooper before they were Bauer. My brother had a pair. I had Bauer Supreme 100's around the same time. I don't recall there being a Kangaroo connection, but then again, I don't know where the name came from.

31 minutes ago, colins said:

They were Cooper before they were Bauer. My brother had a pair. I had Bauer Supreme 100's around the same time. I don't recall there being a Kangaroo connection, but then again, I don't know where the name came from.

Yep, mine were Cooper Roos.  I do recall mention of them being made with kangaroo hide, but don't know if that was true or just misinformation.  They were fantastic skates though. 

used these bad boys for the entirety of my youth playing days in the 90s and early 2000s. My dad still skates in them too... skates are over 20 years old now.

Graf_Supra_501_1447679396.jpg

2 hours ago, rawkstar said:

used these bad boys for the entirety of my youth playing days in the 90s and early 2000s. My dad still skates in them too... skates are over 20 years old now.

I just about got a lightly used pair of those on eBay.de two years ago for about €50. Missed out on them at the last second as we were in Ikea and I forgot to check the end of the auction :(

23 hours ago, boo10 said:

Yep, mine were Cooper Roos.  I do recall mention of them being made with kangaroo hide, but don't know if that was true or just misinformation.  They were fantastic skates though. 

I wanted them bad . Sweet. 

23 hours ago, boo10 said:

Clear tuuk  reminds of a pair of Doust 301 I had  . I loved them until I out grew them . I had to break them in @ hockey camp. 

On 6/4/2017 at 1:41 PM, MyBoxersSayJoe said:

My Graf 703's without a doubt. I remember they were much more expensive than the Bauers and CCM's at the time and definitely worth it.

West Side Skate and Stick has a bunch of new old stock Graf.  Never skated in Graf  . I always wanted a pair 

This thread brings back a bunch of memories. Nike skates, those were a hot commodity for a while lol. And I remember trying on early Vapors and thinking they were the most uncomfortable skate ever made. 

I coveted those high end skates as a kid especially the Graf line and we never had the money. My prize possessions were my garage sale CCM Tacks that were beat to death and (in retrospect) about 3 sizes too big. Still managed to play a lot of pond hockey on 'em.