Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2005 TPS Catalogue Review

Thanks again to Matt (black296tuuk) who scanned this for me.

This is a catalogue review in every sense of the word. They are still looking to hire a rep in my area (I won't go into details on that one) so I'm just going by what I see in the catalogue.

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/pics/JR/TPS/2005_TPS.pdf

Sticks

Adrenaline - This is TPS' top dog this year. They have added a Kevlar wrap to their XN10 shaft in order to increase durability. The blade is the same as the one on the XN10. Also, they have added a "Shock Relief" anti-vibration insert to the shaft. It's clocking in at 425g (due to the Kevlar and the insert)

XN10 - unchanged

Response + - unchanged

Intrigue - They have added an economy stick to their lineup.

Shafts

They have added a grip version of the RedLite (NOT XN10) which is called Control. Rubber has gone bye-bye.

Blades - The XX Pro Stock blade has been renamed to Omega. Also, the Intrigue blade is available in a blade-only form. Also, the ABS blade has been added to the Crossfire family.

Woodies are unchanged.

The Brendl name is now gone and is now the Sundin.

Gloves

Their new glove is the Bionic 11 (which is weird b/c as the features go down, the name of the glove goes up! :rolleyes: Bionic 14 is their low-end glove) It seems boxier than the Response + from last year, with a shorter cuff and a 3-pc index finger.

The HGT is still around, but renamed Bionic Team (yes, that's what the T stands for) The graphics have been updated slightly. According to Matt, the glove feels differently. Perhaps he can answer it in this post. Plus, no nylon at the retail level.

Protective

Unchanged

Goal

Unchanged for the most part, however, the Response + goal stick is now available in three colors, and the Aramid goal stick line is now Omega.

I will follow up with a better report from the show. I'll try to answer questions, but I'm in the same boat as you guys are, so just read the catalogue!

The HGT is still around, but renamed Bionic Team (yes, that's what the T stands for)  The graphics have been updated slightly.  According to Matt, the glove feels differently.  Perhaps he can answer it in this post.  Plus, no nylon at the retail level.

The main difference in this years HGT feel is in the fingers. If you can remember last years gloves with the "response" fingers, they got very narrow at the end. The fingers on this glove still taper but not as drastically. It gives the glove a much more natural close around the stick.

As far as the Bionic 11 goes. Nice look, no more Coolmax, Digi-Tech palm, and a wrist guard that does not get in the way. I would have to say this is TPS's best glove to date but everyone is still chasing Eagle.

Blades - The XX Pro Stock blade has been renamed to Omega. Also, the Intrigue blade is available in a blade-only form. Also, the ABS blade has been added to the Crossfire family.

I didn't see the X1 blade. Matt, will that still be available?

Why the heck wouldn't they offer an XN10 Grip? It's been over a year now and we still do not have a retail sub-400 gram grip one piece available in the marketplace!

I like how in the catalog they show a pic of Sundin with HG1's, yet they don't even offer them anymore. I still don't get that. The HG1 is one of the most comfortable gloves I've ever owned. Thank god Marz was able to find a couple pairs and sell them to me because they are pretty much impossible to find anywhere else.

How much time does it take to have ours custom R2 wood blades?? how much do you need to buy(12??) and is it the same price as the normal one??

I'm asking this...because i know JR you allready had TPS custom made curve if my memory is good! :lol:

The description of the Adrenaline is very contradictory. Amorphous XN10 Carbon has a lower failure rate than kevlar, yet they are using kevlar? From the way they phrased it, it also leads me to believe that they only used kevlar in the "slash zones."

I love TPS, don't get me wrong, but who are they fooling by saying: "While others attempt to match the length of our taper - ours has always been 11"."

The CCM V130 has a 24" taper . . .

Edited by Modo9

The description of the Adrenaline is very contradictory. Amorphous XN10 Carbon has a lower failure rate than kevlar, yet they are using kevlar? From the way they phrased it, it also leads me to believe that they only used kevlar in the "slash zones."

I was thinking the same thing when I read the Kevlar thing...crazy

The description of the Adrenaline is very contradictory.  Amorphous XN10 Carbon has a lower failure rate than kevlar, yet they are using kevlar?  From the way they phrased it, it also leads me to believe that they only used kevlar in the "slash zones."

Maybe not the best wording, but when I read it I get the impression that the entire shaft is constructed with Amorphous Carbon that is ALSO reinforced with Kevlar in the "slash zones". The 2 together making for a stronger shaft.

I'm still disappointed that they haven't added the SW flex to their lineup considering most of the other major stick companies have a flex around the 85 mark. It's pretty much the only thing that's keeping me from buying a tps stick.

I love TPS, don't get me wrong, but who are they fooling by saying: "While others attempt to match the length of our taper - ours has always been 11"."

The CCM V130 has a 24" taper . . .

yea i bug on the same thing....funny one :rolleyes: