Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
SkateWorksPNW

CCM Ribcor Trigger 3D PMT Stick

Recommended Posts

Has anyone had a chance to touch one of these yet? One of the guys I skate with had one, he is a CCM rep, I wanted to check it out after our skate but he left in such a hurry I didn't want to bother him. Seemed to load like a Warrior QRE as he had a wicked snapper. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw the video and didn’t see a Knouff of a change between previous models to justify.  CCM likes to use the word optimize a lot which to me sounds like it wasn’t big enough of a change to collect something else.I think the frequency of stick releases lately  is too much. 1.5 to 2 years Is where it should be at

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 60PlusWinger said:

Saw the video and didn’t see a Knouff of a change between previous models to justify.  CCM likes to use the word optimize a lot which to me sounds like it wasn’t big enough of a change to collect something else.I think the frequency of stick releases lately  is too much. 1.5 to 2 years Is where it should be at

Optimized means slightly less weight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had the Trigger 3D since Black Friday. It loads a lot easier than the Trigger 2. As Nicholas G mentioned, it does load similarly to a Warrior QRE, but to me, the Warrior stick still feels whippier and still loads better. In terms of puckfeel, the Trigger 3D takes it. Overall, I really like it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2018 at 3:27 PM, puckpilot said:

I've had the Trigger 3D since Black Friday. It loads a lot easier than the Trigger 2. As Nicholas G mentioned, it does load similarly to a Warrior QRE, but to me, the Warrior stick still feels whippier and still loads better. In terms of puckfeel, the Trigger 3D takes it. Overall, I really like it. 

Do you think it loads easily enough that someone could go up in flex?  I have a 75 flex Trigger 2 that loads pretty easily for me, almost too whippy.  Could I go with an 85 in a T3D?  Or is it more of a faster and easier load and release than a softer flex?  There's that difference between having that whippy feeling and loading like a 75, but releasing and having the stiffness feel of an 85.

As someone else asked upthread, have you tried a 1X?  how does it compare if you have.  I found that 1X to load easily without being soft and released quickly without that whippy feeling.  I'd stay with them but Bauer doesn't offer P30.  I held the T3D and flexed it a little in the store. It does have that stiffer but easily loaded feeling, vs what the T2 has being more of a whippy feeling. But it’s so hard to tell from just that little bit. 

Edited by psulion22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, psulion22 said:

Do you think it loads easily enough that someone could go up in flex?  I have a 75 flex Trigger 2 that loads pretty easily for me, almost too whippy.  Could I go with an 85 in a T3D?  Or is it more of a faster and easier load and release than a softer flex?  There's that difference between having that whippy feeling and loading like a 75, but releasing and having the stiffness feel of an 85.

As someone else asked upthread, have you tried a 1X?  how does it compare if you have.  I found that 1X to load easily without being soft and released quickly without that whippy feeling.  I'd stay with them but Bauer doesn't offer P30.  I held the T3D and flexed it a little in the store. It does have that stiffer but easily loaded feeling, vs what the T2 has being more of a whippy feeling. But it’s so hard to tell from just that little bit. 

The reviews I saw say they smoothed out the transition from the upper shaft to the kick point. You can definitely feel that, especially if you can compare them side by side. And that's what makes it feel easier to load.  

As for going up in flex, if you find the T2 almost too whippy, then you might find the T3 to be too whippy. It's hard for me to say by how much because I like using whippy sticks so I always err on the side of more whippy. 

I have a 1x. I haven't used it in a while, but I found it to be a little on the stuff side for my tastes, so maybe you can use that as a gauge on just how whippy the T3 will feel to you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I pulled the "trigger" and ordered one of these online, in a 75 flex. Can't wait to try it out. It sure advertises well for the price point...

 

Previous stick is an old vapor APX.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Paddy said:

I pulled the "trigger" and ordered one of these online, in a 75 flex. Can't wait to try it out. It sure advertises well for the price point...

 

Previous stick is an old vapor APX.

Let us know.  I'm interested to see how you feel it plays vs the APX.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...