Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
PetterErlandsson

Ask me anything about the Marsblade R1

On 4/8/2022 at 10:45 PM, Left Wing King said:

This has just put me off buying a set, it is why I turned to Marsblades in the first place. As I wanted to turn like I was on ice skates. By the sounds of it that statement they sound as rigid as normal inlines

The O1's are the nearest experience to ice that your ever going to get , my reference to the R1 was that they are tuned for Roller hockey & they have a different feel to them.

Buy the O1's & you won't regret it.

2 hours ago, Left Wing King said:

I have the 01s, but I'm playing roller more seriously now, so I was wondering if it was worth swapping to the R1s

As someone who has made the switch, I think its worth it. The stability and weight reduction was a noticeable improvement with the R1 chassis. You also "sit" lower on the R1 chassis (which probably contributes the aforementioned stability).

• Like 1

My R1´s are brand new on my TF7´s. Didn´t skate on them, just rolling around some meters in my flat.

Now I have some questions. How tight should the M6 bolt be? Do I have to stop when the washer touches the bushing, or when I can feel that the bolt has a metallic contact?

Should the toe area of the insert have full contact with the lower chassis when I´m pressing the wheels towards the boot by hand(H8-T8), or has the bushing a breaking in period?

Edited by hockeydad3

The center R1 bolt should be tight as it doesn’t affect the lower chassis in the same way the O1 bolt does. 

Not sure I understand your second question

6 hours ago, Westside said:

Not sure I understand your second question

When the bolt is tight, the chassis doesn't make a full movement to the end of the insert at the toe. This only happens when the bolt is not tight. 

I still don't get what you mean. Maybe you can post a photo/video? 
When you have the skate on the ground can you rocker it backward and forward? If so, that's how it should be. Nothing should be touching

Edited by Westside

I recieved an answer from Marsblade:

"... When you are fastening the chassis' parts by screwing the M6 bolt into the pre-mounted T-nut, as soon as you feel the M6 bolt come to a stop DO NOT continue screwing as the chassis is fastened. ...When you have the chassis in your hands, you should definitely be able to feel/see the rocking motion of the chassis. However, you won't be able to feel the maximum rocking motion in your hands as the skates needs your whole body weight to work properly."

I'm looking at putting a set of R1 Mars blades on a pair of 8.5 EE CCM AS1, the Mars blades sizing chart suggests 8.5 is the last size that a medium chassis fits on. Would a large chassis fit??  Or will it massively over hang? 

The reason I ask is we had a set of medium 01's which were mounted on some 7.5 EE's (again the largest boot size) and they felt undersized. 

Thanks

12 minutes ago, Cyberoller said:

I'm looking at putting a set of R1 Mars blades on a pair of 8.5 EE CCM AS1, the Mars blades sizing chart suggests 8.5 is the last size that a medium chassis fits on. Would a large chassis fit??  Or will it massively over hang? 

The reason I ask is we had a set of medium 01's which were mounted on some 7.5 EE's (again the largest boot size) and they felt undersized. 

Thanks

I have a pair of Large R1s on a size 8.5D vapor APX and I have a slight overhang not really noticeable. I think you would be ok with a large on a 8.5EE CCM. I can put a tape measure on the R1s when I get home if you would like an exact measurement.

• Thanks 1

If you could measure that would be great! A picture of the overhang would be great too! 

Do you play competitive in line on the R1's and how do you find them. 

Thanks

6 minutes ago, Cyberoller said:

If you could measure that would be great! A picture of the overhang would be great too! 

Do you play competitive in line on the R1's and how do you find them. 

Thanks

I’ll measure when I get home and I’ll see what I can do for a pic.

I prefer the O1 as I don’t play competitive roller and have my set to my oldest son. Both of my sons have both the O1 and R1 and they only use the R1s for anything competitive.

The best way I can describe is the R1s are very smooth in turns and not as “on rails” feeling as traditional chassis’. I just prefer the extra motion I get from the O1s but I also prefer ice over roller.

9 hours ago, Cyberoller said:

I have the R1 large measurement at just over 10 3/4” in length.

I can’t get a pic to load but the one skate with the over hang is a mounting issue. if the chassis was moved back about 2mm the R1 would cover the entire outsole of the boot.

• Thanks 1