Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
hockeydad3

Best outdoor wheels?

Which outdoor wheels do you like most for unpainted concrete and smooth asphalt (outdoor hockey rinks in summer)?

I´m 96kg and used Hyper Pro 150 83a(too slow), labeda asphalt 85a 4x80mm, they are fast and have a great wear resistance but lost the grip after a month and some weeks in the next season. Now I´m on prime centurio 82a/84a, bought at the end of last season. Our season (no locker room, no contact, 1,5m distance, max. 20 people and outdoor) will start in one week. If I´m not lucky with the centurios, which wheels should I try?

I could get these wheels:

Konixx Rocket 2x

Revision Asphalt Pro

RinkRat Trickster x 84a

Base Sudden Death 84a

Hyper Pro 250 84a

Labeda Asphalt 83a

Any experiences or suggestions?

I´m searching for the perfect mix of speed and grip, not the cheapest or most durable wheels. 😉

Edited by hockeydad3

In my experience, Labeda asphalt are the best. If you got a month plus out of those that's pretty good. I weigh about 200lbs and I'm happy to get a month out of outdoor wheels. I have tricksters coming too, and they better be good because they're double the price of everything else

I’ve had great experiences with Labeda Asphalts too. Definitely would recommend them to anyone needing good outdoor wheels.

The Labeda Asphalt 85A are still one of the best outdoor wheels, and will be one of the fastest on the list.

If you did want a bit more grip, try the Labeda Asphalts 83a. Another wheel to consider if available is the Revision Clinger, enjoyed using that and heard lots of others enjoy playing on it.