Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dkmiller3356

Bauer Face Shield vs CCM Mask

Recommended Posts

I got the CCM mask for goalie masks. I’m actually really impressed with it. I still don’t think I’d play right now with how bad it’s gotten, but it’s definitely something I’ll be wearing when I do. 

2C368C26-8340-4839-A2C8-1D3EC4CF61D0.jpeg

56AF47C5-B3A4-4637-9944-85A410CDC341.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using the CCM Game on mask with Bauer cage, with glasses it works fine while actively moving, but annoying fog when at rest.  Has me thinking about contacts again to minimize that, but currently a moot point as we've locked down again for 3 weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I usually wear contacts with no problem, but had to wear glasses last weekend because of an eye issue. Mask was fine around the house, but like you said, fogged real bad on the bench to the point where I took off the glasses. I couldn’t find a way to situate them to decrease fog. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2020 at 1:45 PM, mojo122 said:

Has anyone tried the CCM version for the visor?  

I have the CCM visor. I feel like it's got solid optics. I'll go back to my cage when this insanity is over but for now I can live with this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, shoeshine boy said:

I have the CCM visor. I feel like it's got solid optics. I'll go back to my cage when this insanity is over but for now I can live with this.

Does the visor version sit closer to the chin and sides of your face compared to the cage version?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2020 at 4:56 PM, AIREAYE said:

Does the visor version sit closer to the chin and sides of your face compared to the cage version?

hard to say. it's probably a little closer than my cage. I'm wearing the CCM Game On mask with it so everything nose-down is just mask.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2020 at 1:37 PM, shoeshine boy said:

hard to say. it's probably a little closer than my cage. I'm wearing the CCM Game On mask with it so everything nose-down is just mask.

Hah sorry I misread your previous post. I thought you were referencing the visor version of the CCM Game On Mask, so my question was did you think the visor version of the Game On sits closer than the cage version?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2020 at 7:59 PM, AIREAYE said:

Hah sorry I misread your previous post. I thought you were referencing the visor version of the CCM Game On Mask, so my question was did you think the visor version of the Game On sits closer than the cage version?

I wear the CCM mask with a full visor. this mask can be work with full visor or a cage. I would imagine that the half visor version sits right up on your face.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I wore a helmet w/ a half shield today, and I had my UA mask on as well, and the visor just kept fogging and condensing.  Had to constantly wipe it.  Any ideas of how to help with this issue?  Would wearing a different type of mask help, since the UA mask allows more "breathability" from the nose area?  The UA mask works great when wearing a cage, but with a visor, having issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've worn a Bauer face mask, Mission sports mask, and mission gaiter with a half shield.  No issue with fogging but have the same condensation issue.  My guess it's the result of breathing harder through the various fabrics.  Condensation is less with the gaiter yet I feel safer with the masks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mojo122 said:

I've worn a Bauer face mask, Mission sports mask, and mission gaiter with a half shield.  No issue with fogging but have the same condensation issue.  My guess it's the result of breathing harder through the various fabrics.  Condensation is less with the gaiter yet I feel safer with the masks.

Yeah.  You're right....it's not a fogging issue.  It's definitely a condensation issue.  I suspect one of the pros to the UA mask is that it's more breathable, cause it has some gaps near the nose, but my exhales escape there and right up into the visor.  I wonder if maybe wearing something tighter along the nose/bridge line would help stop the condensation.  I've noticed players who wear surgical masks and visors don't have any issues, so maybe I'll try one of those next time out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...