Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Perry94

Heat Gun instead of Oven?

I don't want to put my skates in a home oven, so will taking the pair of skates to a heat gun work? I'm askin this since I can get a pair of Mission Fly's for $100cdn, and thought that it would be a good roller boot. The skates fit very well heel-toe, but they're a bit tight on the sides (squeezing my foot).

Heat gun is too focused. That's why skate ovens are convection ovens and not a direct heat element.

Plus, how do you put pressure on the skates to mold them properly?

Go to your local store and plunk down the $10-15 they'll charge you to bake them properly and stick your feet in one of those bauer machines to squish the skate to mold better to your feet.

A heat gun might be nice, however, to refit those particular problem areas (for instance, I have bone spurs in my big toe - perhaps I can bake that area with a gun and force a wider berth for my clunky toe in the toe box).

I've used a heat gun to adjust certain spots on my inline skates before but I hardly ever use them and wasn't that concerned with causing damage to them. You would have to be really fucused to get the skates heated evenly and it's probably not worth the risk.

I don't want to put my skates in a home oven, so will taking the pair of skates to a heat gun work? I'm askin this since I can get a pair of Mission Fly's for $100cdn, and thought that it would be a good roller boot. The skates fit very well heel-toe, but they're a bit tight on the sides (squeezing my foot).

ive got the same problem .. ive got those flys and they are squeezin my feet so much, it fricken hurts i cant even stand in em :/

IF u got rid of it tell me ! :D

Go to your local store and plunk down the $10-15 they'll charge you to bake them properly and stick your feet in one of those bauer machines to squish the skate to mold better to your feet.

LOL, I wish it was $10-15... my LHS charges $50!

wow, the store I usually go to it's 20 bucks. free if you buy an upper-mid or top of the line skate, and 10 if you buy a lower level skate.

I only charge $15.

eiop,

Don't you have a friend or neighbor with a convection oven?

mik3,

are you saying your local store charges $10 if you buy a low end skate? Wow! That should be included in the price with new skate purchase.

Although not the best practice, they pretty much 90% deal with high end stuff. They only stock the more popular high end wood sticks, more the high end skates, high end protective. They've been open as long as I can remember, and also deal with other sports (though hockey being the focal point) so they can't be doing bad.

Ahhh Eiop I dont know if anyone ever told you this put putting your skates in a home oven is not a very good idea.................. unless you like cooking and eating your skates. Bring it to your local hockey store cause they have a special over just for skates :)

wow, the store I usually go to it's 20 bucks. free if you buy an upper-mid or top of the line skate, and 10 if you buy a lower level skate.

my lhs charges 25 EUR -> 32 USD / 40 CAD which is kinda expensive... do u guys think i shall pay that amout OR use my oven (w/ air heat mode)