Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Tirkhe

Pants suggestions

Hi!

Does anybody have suggestion about pants, where spine protector keeps in line with my back when i bend over and move that doesnt poke out and jersey always tucks in?

Wore previously x900 pants where it poked out some much that it was hilarious..

Tacks 7092 girdle was good and it kept in place but protection was soooo poor

Now im using reebok 9k girdle and its the best pants ive wore but spine protector wont keep in place

I know it would keep in place with suspenders or sewing fight strap, but would just pants that make that happen, thanks!

I have a Super Tacks girdle and it has an adjustable spine protector which I love, lots of protection and easy to adjust so it sits higher or lower (similar to 7092 girdle but adjustable and, from the sounds of it, much more protective since the Tacks one is like a tank).

I had a couple of 9K girdles and they both lacked any sort of spine protection aside from a short piece with a little plastic that didn't move at all, pretty minimal, so I'm not sure how this won't stay in place for you.  You're not flipping the tailbone pad up to act like a spine protector are you?

2 minutes ago, xstartxtodayx said:

I have a Super Tacks girdle and it has an adjustable spine protector which I love, lots of protection and easy to adjust so it sits higher or lower (similar to 7092 girdle but adjustable and, from the sounds of it, much more protective since the Tacks one is like a tank).

I had a couple of 9K girdles and they both lacked any sort of spine protection aside from a short piece with a little plastic that didn't move at all, pretty minimal, so I'm not sure how this won't stay in place for you.  You're not flipping the tailbone pad up to act like a spine protector are you?

No im not, and i just meant that plastic thing as "spine protector".

Super tacks girdle could be one option if it is more protective than 7092

The Super Tacks one has a coupe of layers of foam, some D30, and a thick rubbery outer coating, it's beefy.  Mine has a slight curve outwards but I just played with it and you can bend it easily and it should hold if you wanted it more inwards.

For me, the 9K girdle left a pretty sizeable gap between the spine protector and shoulder pads, that's one of the reasons I like the Super Tacks girdle (also I find the ST more protective and lighter, just wish it had the built in velcro tabs for the socks like the 9K).

12 hours ago, Tirkhe said:

Now im using reebok 9k girdle and its the best pants ive wore but spine protector wont keep in place

Or you could get yourself a speedy stitcher and mod it a little. In the past I've added the spine protection from an old pair of shoulder pads to a TotalONE girdle, you could do something similar here without having to spend money for another girdle (especially since the ST has also been discontinued and there now is the JetSpeed) 🙂

• Like 1

Howdy,

This is the first I've heard of the Tacks 7092 girdle being way less protective than the Super Tacks girdle...

Just surprising.  I have the 7092 girdle and I'd have said that I felt more protected in it than anything else I've used outside of some Easton Pro 15 pants (that are TANKS and weigh about twice as much).

Mark

Edited by marka

32 minutes ago, marka said:

Howdy,

This is the first I've heard of the Tacks 7092 girdle being way more protective than the Super Tacks girdle...

Just surprising.  I have the 7092 girdle and I'd have said that I felt more protected in it than anything else I've used outside of some Easton Pro 15 pants (that are TANKS and weigh about twice as much).

Mark

???  Maybe I misread, but I am missing where someone stated the 7092 is more protective than the ST?  My understanding is ST > 7092 for protection and adjustment.  Seems the comments above support that. 

• Like 1

The Easton Pro 10/Pro 15 pants had a spine protector that would move with you when you leaned forward.  Like Marka said, they're heavy but very protective.  From what I recall the weight difference wasn't that vast between those and the 9K

Howdy,

2 hours ago, krisdrum said:

???  Maybe I misread, but I am missing where someone stated the 7092 is more protective than the ST?  My understanding is ST > 7092 for protection and adjustment.  Seems the comments above support that. 

No, I'm just an idiot and said it wrong.  Fixed in the original post.  My impression has always been that the 7092 and ST girdles are very similar protection wise, with the 7092 version being a wrap style without leg pad height adjustment and the ST having a diaper w/height adjust.

Mark

• Like 1