Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
stick9

Narrow fit gloves

Recommended Posts

Does anyone still offer a narrow fit? I know warrior did at one point. Are custom gloves still a thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new STX HALO gloves are by far the tightest fitting glove I have ever used. If you can find them that would be your best option (if you can get over the futuristic looks)

Also, True Catalyst gloves are pretty snug. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, PBH said:

The new STX HALO gloves are by far the tightest fitting glove I have ever used. If you can find them that would be your best option (if you can get over the futuristic looks)

Also, True Catalyst gloves are pretty snug. 

Yeah, I ain't getting past the look of those Halo mitts. The Trues look interesting. I'll have to try on a pair next time I am at PH.

Some Spezza pro stocks would be perfect, 13.5 in a narrow fit....yes please.

Edited by stick9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find the FT1 gloves are really narrow. I use QL and they fit smaller I feel. The new covert seem more boxy than the previous line or maybe it’s just me. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2022 at 8:35 PM, Jbear said:

Just sold some FT1 pro stock...too narrow and tight for me. You might like them. 

 

2 hours ago, Tucker16 said:

I find the FT1 gloves are really narrow. I use QL and they fit smaller I feel. The new covert seem more boxy than the previous line or maybe it’s just me. 

I scored some FT1 pro stocks last night. Hopefully they fit how I want and offer a bit more protection than 2S Pro's.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2022 at 5:53 AM, stick9 said:

 

I scored some FT1 pro stocks last night. Hopefully they fit how I want and offer a bit more protection than 2S Pro's.

You didn’t find the 2S pro protective? I haven’t heard that before. I’ve heard great things.  but I always use pro ccm or warrior stuff never been a Bauer fan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tucker16 said:

You didn’t find the 2S pro protective? I haven’t heard that before. I’ve heard great things.  but I always use pro ccm or warrior stuff never been a Bauer fan. 

Yes and no. It has some weak points like the side of your hand and pinky finger. I took a puck there and felt every bit of it.

Could be me being a little overly cautious seeing how I've broken that bone in the past. It's not a common place to get hit either. 

 

PXL_20220114_020812961.jpg

Edited by stick9
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found the 2n and Supreme S1 to be among the most protective...especially in that area. At least the retail version. There are some pro stocks of all types with beefed up padding.  Might be worth looking into. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair enough. I’ve broken my hands before wearing decent or so I thought gloves. I like the ultra tacks pro with the shot blocker (HGTKPP) tight and very protective. I forgot to mention, shot blockers make gloves fit tighter (I find anyhow) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2S pro protection is top notch imo. Not many gloves without custom pinky guard will help you on the side of the hand there. I've taken lasers straight to the backhand and no issue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Miller55 said:

2S pro protection is top notch imo. Not many gloves without custom pinky guard will help you on the side of the hand there. I've taken lasers straight to the backhand and no issue

2S Pro retail protection is okay but not top notch anymore since they removed the plastic inserts and Poron backhand padding. There is a reason the NHL gloves still have the plastic inserts.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Hills said:

2S Pro retail protection is okay but not top notch anymore since they removed the plastic inserts and Poron backhand padding. There is a reason the NHL gloves still have the plastic inserts.

No idea about retail I just have pro stocks but not all pro stock even have the plastic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Miller55 said:

No idea about retail I just have pro stocks but not all pro stock even have the plastic. 

Which pro stocks don't? From my experience the NHL ones are plastic and the NCAA are retail spec.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the retail 2s Pro gloves, not the pro stock version. While it's a difficult place to get hit. I was a bit disappointed by the coverage in that area. 

To be fair, it wasn't the sole reason why I started looking at other gloves. Gloves tend to feel bulky once they break in. It doesn't help that I need a 14 or my fingers are busting out of the ends.

Edited by stick9
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Hills said:

Which pro stocks don't? From my experience the NHL ones are plastic and the NCAA are retail spec.

I have a pair of Kyle Clifford's Kings gloves that have no plastic in the backhand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, stick9 said:

I had the retail 2s Pro gloves, not the pro stock version. While it's a difficult place to get hit. I was a bit disappointed in the coverage in that area. 

To be fair, it wasn't the sole reason why I started looking at other gloves. Gloves tend to feel bulky once they break in. It doesn't help that I need a 14 or my fingers are busting out of the ends.

You probably need a 13 with fingers extended in that case. If you have long fingers but want a tight fitting glove then I think ft1 pro stock is the way to go as the fingers are extended 1/4"I believe

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2022 at 2:00 AM, Tucker16 said:

I find the FT1 gloves are really narrow. I use QL and they fit smaller I feel. The new covert seem more boxy than the previous line or maybe it’s just me. 

It is. I need to size down. Sucks. Bauer and warrior I find have gotten bigger vs years past. Ccm I'm still a 14 though. For now. 

The ft1 is nice and fitted. But it does loosen up over time like all.gloves as the padding packs in a bit. You can find ft1s on clearance/sale online too. Especially in Canada

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pro stock FT1's I picked up worked out perfectly. They're definitely a much slimmer overall package. Fantastic gloves inside and out. 

Good call by Hills and others to size down.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, stick9 said:

The pro stock FT1's I picked up worked out perfectly. They're definitely a much slimmer overall package. Fantastic gloves inside and out. 

Good call by Hills and others to size down.

I really like the look and fit if the ft1. Always wanted to try the pro stock version as I'm a fan of the pro palm and less gimmicky materials. 

Mond posting pics?

Edited by Sniper9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

I really like the look and fit if the ft1. Always wanted to try the pro stock version as I'm a fan of the pro palm and less gimmicky materials. 

Mond posting pics?

Sure...

 

foo1.PNG

PXL_20220119_002805583.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you go with 13’s when you normally wear 14’s? Every time I’ve sized down in a glove based on other’s recommendation, the fingers are always too short. Was looking at picking up a pair of these as well 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Westside said:

Did you go with 13’s when you normally wear 14’s? Every time I’ve sized down in a glove based on other’s recommendation, the fingers are always too short. Was looking at picking up a pair of these as well 

@Westside Yes, I normally wear 14's and sized down to 13 for these. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...