Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JAY4114

Curve in between p88 and p92

Check out prostockhockey.com stick selection. You can see a picture of the curve for these custom sticks. Pick the P88 and left or right hand checkboxes on the left-hand side of the page to narrow down the sticks shown.  Some are same as retail and some are custom.

On 4/21/2023 at 10:02 AM, innotastic said:

How would you compare the depth of the barkov and backstrom to the p88? I tried the Malkin pro and was disappointed to find it was basically flat for most of the blade. I always liked the deep pocket of the p88, but the p106 was my favorite before because of the rocker and not so crazy heel.

sorry this is so late. The Backstrom is fairly similar to the P88. It's not as tall as the P88, and it has a slightly longer blade, but it has that pocket like the P88. The Barkov does not. The Barkov is more like the Malkin through the first 2/3rds of the blade. It has some heel loft that the Malkin doesn't, but overall it's pretty straight.

The e36 is basically what you describe though harder to find these days.  Mid curve, rocker bottom, less open than a p92.  I emailed Geppetto at PSHS several months ago with this exact question and he said a Backstrom would likely be the best choice.

19 minutes ago, start_today said:

Wasn’t the e36 just a p88 clone with a bunch of fancy marketing jargon to convince people it was something new and exciting? 

Not quite. Scott Bjugstad took credit for making it. It’s basically a P92 curve with a touch of toe curve. The face is PM9 with a shaved mid-toe rocker.

It’s a nice curve. I just wish its toe pocket were bigger than its heel pocket. It shoots out so much already on its heel curve that it can get in the way.

Edited by flip12

On 4/21/2023 at 9:30 AM, start_today said:

That’s what kinda confuses me about his selection, that he is choosing to produce and stock. There are 69 p28 variants available to ship right now that are more or less the exact same, but not a basic 88 clone. 

Same with the P92 and its variants. Now he just released 4 more of them in the last 6 weeks: a version of Benn's modified P92, a max height P92, Caufield/Wideman's deeper P92, and a P92 with Laine's blade profile.

Also @Krev, I see you quietly posting those Modano pro shots. 😉 

Edited by Scotty
  • Like 1