Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
VegasHockey

FT6 Pro gear drop!

That blacked out one is damn sexy.  I agree with Sniper9, the red in the FT6 Pro is way better than the FT4 Pro was... I'm guessing they did the FT4 so bold so it really stood out on TV, there was no mistaking what skate that was, even with a shot blocker on it most times, which I'm sure helped their marketing, but man it's a tough look for us beer leaguers to pull off.

Does anyone know whether or not that tongue will be available as a standalone purchase? Or if they will wall it off and keep it like some sort of stupid exclusive item even though they have an entire brand.

54 minutes ago, notverygood said:

Does anyone know whether or not that tongue will be available as a standalone purchase? Or if they will wall it off and keep it like some sort of stupid exclusive item even though they have an entire brand.

It will not be available as a standalone purchase in S1/S2 2023. Not sure about 2024.

3 hours ago, VegasHockey said:

I think CCM will take those off Amazon before the end of the week. It's against their terms to sell through online marketplaces such as Amazon. 

At least the MSRP looks unchanged from the previous model.

Spent some time with the FT6 Pro stick last night. It was similar to the FT5 Pro which I liked a lot. The 6 still had that great puck feel the 5 had. I'd say a bit more pop and a slightly quicker release were the big adds. I know it's said to be lighter. I didn't notice a difference. So maybe just not enough to be noticable.

Think I prefer the FT5 graphics. Though I do dig the pearl white they are using at the top even if it makes it look a bit Hyperlite esque.

Edited by stick9

2 hours ago, stick9 said:

Spent some time with the FT6 Pro stick last night. It was similar to the FT5 Pro which I liked a lot. The 6 still had that great puck feel the 5 had. I'd say a bit more pop and a slightly quicker release were the big adds. I know it's said to be lighter. I didn't notice a difference. So maybe just not enough to be noticable.

Think I prefer the FT5 graphics. Though I do dig the pearl white they are using at the top even if it makes it look a bit Hyperlite esque.

I notice the balance more than the overall weight. Seems the balance point is higher up the shaft due to the lighter blade. Definitely has more pop and feel than the FT5 Pro. I also took some significant slashes last night in front of the net and expected to see some battle damage, but the stick looks like new. I like the FT5 Pro graphics more too, but they will have the FT6 Pro in chrome soon, so that might look excellent. 

10 hours ago, VegasHockey said:

they will have the FT6 Pro in chrome soon,

Oaf, I think it moved... *Seinfeld reference

14 minutes ago, Westside said:

Noticed that some FT6 Pro skates appear to have visible carbon fiber and others do not. Is there a reason behind this? Was visible carbon for prototype or custom versions?

Example of exposed carbon. Non visible carbon was shown on the previous page 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmE54-hJzlF/?igshid=Y2IzZGU1MTFhOQ==

I've seen the retail versions in person from two different stores and they do not have exposed carbon. 

Edited by Sniper9

4 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

I've seen the retail versions in person from two different stores and they do not have exposed carbon. 

I also have seen the FT6 Pro skate in person, no exposed carbon is visible. I think only the custom option will have exposed carbon. Such a shame, since they look so good! 

52315ea5-8561-48f4-bbc9-1532851ccedc?rul

12550c08-5086-4e24-8dee-002e965a22fd?rul

4267b12b-3df7-43a9-9006-0b4b24c38d64?rul

• Like 1

Picked up myself a pair of the FT6 Pro pants, and while not game changing from the FT4 Pro pants I was coming from, I do like the small little changes they made in the interior padding.  I also feel like the FT6 Pro is a bit more streamlined in fit, which I like.  Not that the FT4 Pros were sloppy, just the FT6 Pros feel like a more "tailored" fit.  As far as the AER-TEC; nope, found no difference in cooling between the two models.

9 hours ago, shoot_the_goalie said:

Picked up myself a pair of the FT6 Pro pants, and while not game changing from the FT4 Pro pants I was coming from, I do like the small little changes they made in the interior padding.  I also feel like the FT6 Pro is a bit more streamlined in fit, which I like.  Not that the FT4 Pros were sloppy, just the FT6 Pros feel like a more "tailored" fit.  As far as the AER-TEC; nope, found no difference in cooling between the two models.

Yeah, the “cooling” in the FT6 Pro vs FT4 and others are pretty much non-existent. As you noted, the marginal changes are nice, but not significant.

If I had to choose between the FT6 Pro at full price and the FT4 Pro at 40-50% discount, I would go with the FT4 Pro. 

• Like 2

On 6/28/2023 at 9:39 AM, VegasHockey said:

Yeah, the “cooling” in the FT6 Pro vs FT4 and others are pretty much non-existent. As you noted, the marginal changes are nice, but not significant.

If I had to choose between the FT6 Pro at full price and the FT4 Pro at 40-50% discount, I would go with the FT4 Pro. 

Does the same comment apply to elbows/shins also? The pro version has all sorts of cut outs on it for supposedly better ventilation so I'm curious if it actually works or just a marketing gimmick? 

On 6/27/2023 at 10:21 PM, VegasHockey said:

I also have seen the FT6 Pro skate in person, no exposed carbon is visible. I think only the custom option will have exposed carbon. Such a shame, since they look so good! 

52315ea5-8561-48f4-bbc9-1532851ccedc?rul

12550c08-5086-4e24-8dee-002e965a22fd?rul

4267b12b-3df7-43a9-9006-0b4b24c38d64?rul

Pro shop at my rink has had these on the shelf for several weeks now. 

29 minutes ago, SolarWind said:

Does the same comment apply to elbows/shins also? The pro version has all sorts of cut outs on it for supposedly better ventilation so I'm curious if it actually works or just a marketing gimmick? 

The FT6 and FT6 Pro both have the Aer-Tec suspension system. I think it does make a difference in the shoulders and shins. Maybe a slight difference in the elbows, but the new strapping systems seem to be the biggest improvement with those. In the pants, there is no discernible difference at all. 

The main difference between the FT6 Pro and the FT6 is the FT6 has less ZoteFoam / DryFoam. See images below. 

image.thumb.png.db3c9984ee95720ec8b680c284b8036f.pngccm-hockey-shin-guards-jetspeed-ft6-pro-

Edited by VegasHockey
  • Like 1

On 6/29/2023 at 4:21 PM, SolarWind said:

It works for the shoulder, shins, elbows, and gloves. Especially compared to the Tacks line.

Does anyone that has the FT6 Pro shins feel like they aren't actually hitting your leg flush? I think the fit/feel was better with the FT4 Pro's.

I also noticed i could tuck my tongue with the FT4 Pro shins in a 15". When I try to do that with the FT6 Pro 15", the bottom internal area that has the Air-Tec screened on is so nylon slippery my tongues were popping out mid-game. I went to a 16" but now that feels too big. 😑 

Might have to go back to FT6 Pro 15" but with the tongues out. 

5 hours ago, dec9 said:

Does anyone that has the FT6 Pro shins feel like they aren't actually hitting your leg flush? I think the fit/feel was better with the FT4 Pro's.

I also noticed i could tuck my tongue with the FT4 Pro shins in a 15". When I try to do that with the FT6 Pro 15", the bottom internal area that has the Air-Tec screened on is so nylon slippery my tongues were popping out mid-game. I went to a 16" but now that feels too big. 😑 

What was wrong with your ft4. Maybe just return the ft6 altogether if they aren't working. What about it makes you want to stick with it so bad

Absolutely nothing. Got caught up in the newness and should have never messed with a change. 

Edited by dec9
update

8 hours ago, dec9 said:

I normally wear a 14" shin, but with the FT6P I had to change to a 15" otherwise the tongue would not tuck properly. It seems the 15" FT6P is actually more like a 14.5”. 

Otherwise, I have had no issues and like the FT6P a lot. 

• Like 1

Glad to hear you say that. Mid game my tongues were popping out with the 15’s. 🤣. I thought it was just because the inner nylon is a little more slippery than the padding the FT4 had there. I did a garage test with skates on sitting down in a chair and the tongue popped out from under the shins pretty easily with the 15’s. I guess I’m a 16 now!