Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
noupf

CCM Tacks XF Pro Skates

So, who’s got the inside scoop on these things?   Any new, ground breaking specs or is it just a new paint job on the AS-V’s ??? 

@VegasHockey I’m looking at you pal 🙂

Edited by noupf

On 6/5/2024 at 10:42 AM, noupf said:

So, who’s got the inside scoop on these things?   Any new, ground breaking specs or is it just a new paint job on the AS-V’s ??? 

@VegasHockey I’m looking at you pal 🙂

Minor changes: Revised fit, updated graphics, updated liner, updated comfort collar, updated foams, updated tendon guard, updated toe cap

Major changes: No removable/replaceable tongue 

Opinion: If you remove cost from consideration, and I was considering AS-V Pro vs XF Pro, I would select the XF Pro. 

Other thoughts: I wish they released these with the new Reload holder. I hope when ordering customs later in the season, the Reload holder might be an option. 

2 hours ago, VegasHockey said:

Other thoughts: I wish they released these with the new Reload holder. I hope when ordering customs later in the season, the Reload holder might be an option. 

I’m trying to understand the reload design. Is it a pull ‘trigger’ for lack of a better word? Instead of screwing the dial you pull the dial back? 

Crazy how many different versions of the XS holder CCM has made compared to Bauer. They’ve had 3 different versions of the dial and now this all new holder with different steel cutouts?! I don’t get it

So the interface is the same, just different in how you engage/disengage the locking mechanism.  Spring vs screw.  And they lengthened the “inserts”.

i have had the original on my skates for five years and just need to occasionally tighten it which has just become a habit.

23 hours ago, BenBreeg said:

So the interface is the same, just different in how you engage/disengage the locking mechanism.  Spring vs screw.  And they lengthened the “inserts”.

i have had the original on my skates for five years and just need to occasionally tighten it which has just become a habit.

I don't think the changes are extremely significant, but with the longer front and rear post, the steel likely engages better with the holder and provides more side-to-side support internally.  

On 6/8/2024 at 12:13 PM, VegasHockey said:

Minor changes: Revised fit, updated graphics, updated liner, updated comfort collar, updated foams, updated tendon guard, updated toe cap

Major changes: No removable/replaceable tongue 

Opinion: If you remove cost from consideration, and I was considering AS-V Pro vs XF Pro, I would select the XF Pro. 

Thanks.  Any idea about the boot and the fit profile?  Has anything changed in the last or will they fit the same as the current AS-V's ?  I'm in 100k Pros, size 9.5 Regular and when i tried on the AS-V's and Jetspeeds ( just for the fun of it ), I felt like a 9.0 tapered actually fit me better than my 100k Pro's in the 9.5 regular.  If i recall, you also noticed that a half size smaller and narrower was needed in the new jet speeds and as-v's.

Edited by noupf

21 hours ago, noupf said:

Thanks.  Any idea about the boot and the fit profile?  Has anything changed in the last or will they fit the same as the current AS-V's ?  I'm in 100k Pros, size 9.5 Regular and when i tried on the AS-V's and Jetspeeds ( just for the fun of it ), I felt like a 9.0 tapered actually fit me better than my 100k Pro's in the 9.5 regular.  If i recall, you also noticed that a half size smaller and narrower was needed in the new jet speeds and as-v's.

The last will fit more like the current generation Jetspeed, which is also very similar to the AS-V.

I went from a 100K size 7.5R to a 7.0T in both the AS-V Pro, FT6 Pro, and the XF Pro. 

On 6/11/2024 at 1:51 PM, VegasHockey said:

Just watched it last night.  They look good.  I love the 100k Pros and the fit.  I will likely be ready for a new pair in a year or so.  I doubt I'll grab the XF Pros bc of how stiff they are, probably will be the one step down from the top. Either way, cant wait to see some reviews and such as they hit the shelves.

Curious about the liners too.  My 100k Pros are only a little over a year and a half old.  I skate twice a week, and i have two spots ( one on each foot, in different spots ) where the liner material is starting to wear through and tear.   My old grafs had perforated leather and lasted me 8 years. I'd love a leather like liner again for durability.  Is that possible with CCM Custom Skates.......and if so, do they have to be XF Pro's or can I get the skate built with the specs of the one model line lower and does it cost less if so?

Edited by noupf

Saw the the pre-order pictures for the XF Pro skates and looks like it isn't all black and silver… the tongue is also different from the Jetspeed line from some of the pre-release skate videos people have been making. The skate color has some dark gold/dark bronze accents and the tongue is more like the AS-V Pro. Much prefer the all black and silver look and tongue from the Jetspeeds. It’s better than the AS-V line color but still sad they didnt keep the all black and silver look…

What photos are you looking at because I think you’re looking at the wrong skate. The tongue on the XF Pro isn’t removable like the FT6 Pro, but otherwise it looks the same. What do you think is different? 

https://us.ccmhockey.com/Skates/Shop-By-Age-Group/Senior-Skates/SKXFP-SR.html

https://us.ccmhockey.com/Skates/Shop-All-Skates/JetSpeed-Skates/191520632380.html

The accent color appears to be more of a warm titanium. I wouldn’t consider that bronze or gold (apart from the ‘X’ pattern on the inside of the tendon guard). It’s definitely more subtle than the Jetspeeds, including the accent colors on the tongue