Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

agb506

have you ever?

Idk if this is appropriate for the forum...But anyway gettin drunk would leave you with a nasty hangover, and gettin high wouldnt affect it, cause the high would be gone by morning. I have a couple druggy's on my team (one being our best defenseman) and he got high before a game once, didnt really affect him much.

This is way off topic, especially to be in the IceHockeyEquipment forum, but I know a kid who always got high before a game and sometimes I would see his legs shake and sometimes buckle. He usually scored 2-3 goals a game, but everyone who went out to play with him could tell he was high due to his awkward style of play. At one point he flipped right over the boards and just stood on the ground for 5 minutes. I dont know why you would want to be drunk or high before a game though... Anyways the choice is yours.

We played a tournament in Niagara and the entire team was in bad shape after the first game. On Saturday night we never made it back to the hotel until 3AM or so.

yeah sorry for being so off topic but im captain of my team and i know a few of my teammates got drunk last night and we have game at 1 today. just wandering if itll effect em much

I think that this is a totally rude and disrespectful question for this board.

I'm not sure why his question would be considered "rude and disrespectful" but it would certainly be better off in the General Hockey Discussion section.

Let's face it, just because you don't necessarily agree with an activity doesn't mean that it doesn't happen (take baseball for instance :D ).

People of all different philosophies & creeds play hockey and some people make bad choices.

I don't think he was asking for encouragement to get drunk or high the night before a game. I think he was just asking a question so there's no need to jump to conclusions about a person's motives.

yeah sorry for being so off topic but im captain of my team and i know a few of my teammates got drunk last night and we have game at 1 today. just wandering if itll effect em much

Unless they were retards or have no tolerance, you should be fine. Assuming they stopped at 2am, 1pm should be enough time to be sober.

Well first, how early is your game the next day? If you drink enough to have a hangover, you more than likely drank enough to still have a good amount in your system. Which in turn, results in too "ot so good of scenarios." A:You're too young to be driving, so you're parents drive you to the game, but if you can't drive, why in the hell are you drinking? and/or B:You are old enough to drive, so you drive yourself to the game, under the influence of alcohol. Not sure what the legal limit is where you folks are, probably around .08, which isn't a lot at all.

Funniest junk I ever saw was when 2 friends showed up hammered for a practice on hallowe'en. One kid almost knocked himself out when he ran into the post.

Hah, during tryouts this year one of the goalies on my team came to almost every game stoned. LOL he was so out of it, oh well, it drastically altered his chances of making the team. I played with him the previous year and he wasn't a druggy either, so I just think its a waste of talent.

Pilots are taught to leave 24 hours between having a single drink and flying, and 48 hours if they really tie one on. That is because the government found out that they were crashing their planes if they cut it any sooner!

Da Ganga stays in your body for well over 3 days!

If you are a high level player, either will seriously affect your performance. And it is not a performance change that you yourself will probably notice, but a pro, like a scout, would readily see the difference and know you are off of your game.

i played in a mens league tourney this year. beer before the game, when we ran out of water beer during the game, and beer after.

we lost 4 straight

Sounds like you played in the "Beer Bracket". LOL...

Hah, during tryouts this year one of the goalies on my team came to almost every game stoned. LOL he was so out of it, oh well, it drastically altered his chances of making the team. I played with him the previous year and he wasn't a druggy either, so I just think its a waste of talent.

He was only high once and wasn't to great to begin with...if I'm thinking of who your thinking of, but hes an idiot he was also trying to overload himself with energy drinks......

Off topic, but we had a game on Halloween night this year. Probably like 500 people there, and a ton of them were hammered. It was funny, they were yelling, cheering for our team. Then we had a solid fight and everyone was cheering and throwing stuff on the ice, so the game got postponed. It was sweet.

You'd definatly feel it if you got drunk the night before. I highly doubt smoking marijuana the night before would effect your performance the next day. For a couple hours after the effects of the marijuana wear off you feel 'burnt out'. But a whole nights sleep n your ready for a hockey game.

My friend swears that WHL goalies often do cocaine before games to improve their reflexes but I tell that its bs does anyone know anything about it? Drinking the night before games isn't all bad eg. Reggie Leach

My friend swears that WHL goalies often do cocaine before games to improve their reflexes...

Not to condone the use of smack...but didn't Grant Fuhr have his best years in Edmonton when he was using?

Or is it just coincidence that he was younger and on a phenomenal team those years as well....