Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Petey21

Ultimate pimp cars

Of course it needs the extra HP, it weighs more than 400 lbs more than the M3. It also has a very low RPM range. Not to mention it's still ugly as hell. If you think that car is a girl.... it's an ugly one.

This might not have a whole lot of HP, but it will kill a lot of cars on the track:

http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9070

This might not have a whole lot of HP, but it will kill a lot of cars on the track:

OMG thats awsome. As if the Elise isnt light enough already(1984 lbs stock). So that one must be even lighter. Whats amazing is that it only has what 190hp, and runs 0-60 faster than some of the newer american muscle cars due to its weight. Although I dont think id fit in it.

The guy who owns the ferrari in the thread has not only decided to keep it, but he added another red beauty to his garage today.

untitled3al.jpg

untitled24je.jpg

Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale and a F355. This guys a true playa' in my books. And his other driver is a Hamann kitted M3. Nice selection of cars :o

Good for him. He now has two cars that can barely be driven.

He drove/drives his f355 in slow, slush, and rain. The first year he had it, it was driven over 16 thousand miles.

And since then? 355's are notorious for needing new engines before their 30k mile tune up.

Theres 33,000+ thousand miles on it now. He hasnt had it in the shop for anything else but the scheduled k-maintenance. The car is drive very hard both on the street and on the track.

So he's driven it 17k miles in the last 8 years. Impressive.

I'd trade both F-cars for a Carrera GT or I'd get a Noble M12 and buy a personal mechanic. Don't get me wrong, I love Ferrari's, but they are the most impractical cars ever built. And I will never buy one, simply for the fact that the 30k mile tune up costs around $8k.

So he's driven it 17k miles in the last 8 years. Impressive.

It was not purchased brand new. He got it like 2 and a half years ago with a little under 4thousand miles on the clock. So he has around 29k miles in 2.5 years.

Of course it needs the extra HP, it weighs more than 400 lbs more than the M3. It also has a very low RPM range. Not to mention it's still ugly as hell. If you think that car is a girl.... it's an ugly one.

Elises are ugly, and wow, anybody can make an incredibly light car and stick a lil celica engine in it, but where the hell is the fun in it when your engine sounds like ring a ding ding ding. First of all, its 400 lbs more, but the engine is much bigger. Also, "they" say to gain 1HP, you must shave off 50lbs of weight, so what will that up the M3 to 339 hp? Ohhhh wow. More Torque, more hp, more appeal. Dont get me wrong, it is still between an M3 and a CTS V for my next car. But I like the looks of the CTS, plus the interior is far superior. 400 pounds aint much when you ahev 70 more hp and not to mention 133 more ft lbs of torque. The engine is aobut double the isze (5.7 vs 3.2, with a rumor of it being replaced with a 6.0 L engine). Its up to you. But hey, there both sexy cars.

First off, who gives a crap about what the engine sounds like? It should be about performance and handling. Sure, looks play a factor, but if you're the one driving it, you should like how it drives. And trust me, it's not easy to make a light car. That's probably why most GMs are heavy, numb-handling cars. And you can talk about engine size all you want... maybe you should check the hp per litre and try telling me how much better the Caddy's engine is.

They are not both sexy cars... the Cadillac is ugly. It doesn't have a single curve on it, lines that break up the body flow, and mainly just looks cheap. I don't even like the new BMW styling, but the future M3/M5 is going to look very sleek and mean at the same time. The redline for the CTS-V is 6k RPM. Again, if you want to drive a car stoplight to stoplight, the CTS is your mule. But I like the fun factor when driving a car.

If you like sheer power... get the new M5 when it comes out. It'll have a V-10 and 507hp.

First off, who gives a crap about what the engine sounds like? It should be about performance and handling. Sure, looks play a factor, but if you're the one driving it, you should like how it drives. And trust me, it's not easy to make a light car. That's probably why most GMs are heavy, numb-handling cars. And you can talk about engine size all you want... maybe you should check the hp per litre and try telling me how much better the Caddy's engine is.

They are not both sexy cars... the Cadillac is ugly. It doesn't have a single curve on it, lines that break up the body flow, and mainly just looks cheap. I don't even like the new BMW styling, but the future M3/M5 is going to look very sleek and mean at the same time. The redline for the CTS-V is 6k RPM. Again, if you want to drive a car stoplight to stoplight, the CTS is your mule. But I like the fun factor when driving a car.

If you like sheer power... get the new M5 when it comes out. It'll have a V-10 and 507hp.

You say that the CTS is ugly like its a fact, its your opinion and it shouldnt factor into what is the better car (according to you). The M-5 is also double the price, and uses a bigger engine when it is not needed. You dont need a v-10 to make 500 HP, that car is also a joke, 384 ft lbs of torque?! The LS7 engine, which is going to be in the CTS V+ (and will also be in the 2006 z06 vette) makes 500 hp and 475 ft lbs of torque out of a v8 with 7.0L engine compared to the tiny 5.5 L v-10 of the BMW. Lets compare apples to apples. The m5 is 90k, and has less power then the (concept) CTS V +, and costs more. Plus the M5 is ugly

You say that the CTS is ugly like its a fact, its your opinion and it shouldnt factor into what is the better car (according to you). The M-5 is also double the price, and uses a bigger engine when it is not needed. You dont need a v-10 to make 500 HP, that car is also a joke, 384 ft lbs of torque?! The LS7 engine, which is going to be in the CTS V+ (and will also be in the 2006 z06 vette) makes 500 hp and 475 ft lbs of torque out of a v8 with 7.0L engine compared to the tiny 5.5 L v-10 of the BMW. Lets compare apples to apples. The m5 is 90k, and has less power then the (concept) CTS V +, and costs more. Plus the M5 is ugly

It's as much of a fact as when you said Elise's are ugly.

And if you think the car on the left is ugly... you've got problems.

http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/attachment...ntid=8472&stc=1

haha I enjoy reading the car discussions just to listen to the heated talk between Vapor and whoever disagrees with him. So far I'd have to give this one to lego, just because the cadillac is so ugly.

I'm still all about the American muscle cars. Mopar only though of course. Give me a Charger, Road Runner, GTX, Cuda, or Challenger over any of these cars any day of the week and you won't ever here me complaining. Like Lego was saying what the hell is the point of having a car if you can't drive it because it's so fragile. And oh yeah, you want a badass sounding car? Fire up a 440 magnum or even my 360 4 Barrel. When your ratteling the cupboards in the house you know you've got some power under the hood.

This is a good topic for car lovers. I for one like the styling of the CTS-V and the STS-V. I disike the styling road that BMW has been going down. Picasso is alive and well and working for BMW.............................

when you see the new BMW's drive past, they look pretty nice actually, they look much better in real life than in pictures, and i think that's what bangle was going for :huh:

I was just kiddin bout the Elise, I have a soft spot in my heart for the Elise. I think they overdid the front end a lil bit, but I still like it, its just that, can you brag about having a celica engine under the hood? Cause I cant.

i don't see what's wrong with the toyota powerplant. granted, i would love to see a honda dropped in there, but the toyota engine is no piece of junk. nice reving 190'ish hp engine. you don't need a crazy engine to push that feather of a car. anything more then 250 in that car would just be too much for that car to handle.

Its like a lil kid doing a bunch of push ups, he can do so many because hes so light, but its like, who cares, its more impressive to see a 250 lb kid with a lot of muscle to be doing them pushups, not that I enjoy watching guys do pushups, uhhhh yeeea