Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Petey21

Ultimate pimp cars

I'm still all about the American muscle cars. Mopar only though of course. Give me a Charger, Road Runner, GTX, Cuda, or Challenger over any of these cars any day of the week and you won't ever here me complaining. Like Lego was saying what the hell is the point of having a car if you can't drive it because it's so fragile. And oh yeah, you want a badass sounding car? Fire up a 440 magnum or even my 360 4 Barrel. When your ratteling the cupboards in the house you know you've got some power under the hood.

As long as you don't need to turn, don't listen to music or want to carry on a conversation with anyone those are fine. My bass player had a charger and it got about 6MPG.

I'm still all about the American muscle cars. Mopar only though of course.  Give me a Charger, Road Runner, GTX, Cuda, or Challenger over any of these cars any day of the week and you won't ever here me complaining.  Like Lego was saying what the hell is the point of having a car if you can't drive it because it's so fragile.  And oh yeah, you want a badass sounding car?  Fire up a 440 magnum or even my 360 4 Barrel. When your ratteling the cupboards in the house you know you've got some power under the hood.

As long as you don't need to turn, don't listen to music or want to carry on a conversation with anyone those are fine. My bass player had a charger and it got about 6MPG.

Details. Details.

Its like a lil kid doing a bunch of push ups, he can do so many because hes so light, but its like, who cares, its more impressive to see a 250 lb kid with a lot of muscle to be doing them pushups, not that I enjoy watching guys do pushups, uhhhh yeeea

When the little kid passes the 250lb man on the track, who cares what "seems" more impressive.

You say that the CTS is ugly like its a fact, its your opinion and it shouldnt factor into what is the better car (according to you). The M-5 is also double the price, and uses a bigger engine when it is not needed. You dont need a v-10 to make 500 HP, that car is also a joke, 384 ft lbs of torque?! The LS7 engine, which is going to be in the CTS V+ (and will also be in the 2006 z06 vette) makes 500 hp and 475 ft lbs of torque out of a v8 with 7.0L engine compared to the tiny 5.5 L v-10 of the BMW. Lets compare apples to apples. The m5 is 90k, and has less power then the (concept) CTS V +, and costs more. Plus the M5 is ugly

First off, if we're comparing future cars, the new M3 will have a 4.0L 400hp V8. And you're only comparing cylinders and not litres, then you're not looking at the whole picture. The BMW engine has almost 2k more revs until the redline than the Caddy. The BMW has never been about driving between stoplights, but about incredible handling and overall performance.

In the grand scheme of things, the M3 and the RS4 are right up there, then the MB AMG and then the Caddy and Jag S-type R.

As far as double the price, I figured you were a playa.

Thats just a rumor, and word is that it will cost 55-60k, much more than a CTS-V. Problem is, that is a TINY v8, 4.0?! Come on, the CTS-V uses a 5.7 (6.0 next year), it will have 400 lbs of torque and 400 hp. There using small engine. The CTS-V makes it power down low, in the low rpms, so it dosent have to rev allll the way up to make power like the lil M3. Its all what your looking for. M3 has less power, smaller breaks, and is disputable about handling (im not saying whcih is better). I do think the SMG is "interesting" though

47_2_hzoom.jpg47_3_hzoom.jpg47_1_hzoom.jpgThis is what a $25,000 paintjob looks like. And just guess what it does.

up and down and up and down? :ph34r:

that is really an awesome car, much better than an m3 or a CTS-V ;)

Thats just a rumor, and word is that it will cost 55-60k, much more than a CTS-V. Problem is, that is a TINY v8, 4.0?! Come on, the CTS-V uses a 5.7 (6.0 next year), it will have 400 lbs of torque and 400 hp. There using small engine. The CTS-V makes it power down low, in the low rpms, so it dosent have to rev allll the way up to make power like the lil M3. Its all what your looking for. M3 has less power, smaller breaks, and is disputable about handling (im not saying whcih is better). I do think the SMG is "interesting" though

Who cares if it has that much hp and torque? It's RWD and won't be able to grip the road when given that much power.

And apparently you think that 5.7L engine that produces 400hp is better than a 4.0L engine that produces 400hp. And it's no rumor, BMW has already released the engine specs for the new M3. And being as the current convertible costs $55k, I'm guessing those numbers aren't too far off.

lego, you can't say that either engine is better, because the BMW engine needs to spin faster to generate the power, and that could (i don't know the specifics) make it more prone to break down, since it's more stressed. i know when the shelby daytona coupe raced in the le mans, it won on account of it's slower bigger engine, which lasted longer than the really small, high revving ferrari engines.

there's also no reason to assume that a RWD car can't handle 400hp and 400 lb/ft. of torque, especially when you consider that car's aren't drag racing from light to light. think on the highway, 60-80mph acceleration, if you're in the M3, you may have to drop down a gear from what you normally cruise in, but in the caddy, since it makes torque down low, you could probably stay in gear. just my opinion

i know when the shelby daytona coupe raced in the le mans, it won on account of it's slower bigger engine, which lasted longer than the really small, high revving ferrari engines.

What year was this?

Do the creators have somthing against Italians?

the creators don't wanna shell out the extra cash for the ferrari or lamborgini licenses........ however, the xbox equivalent to gt4 has ferrari's... forget what that game is called though

47_2_hzoom.jpg47_3_hzoom.jpg47_1_hzoom.jpgThis is what a $25,000 paintjob looks like. And just guess what it does.

up and down and up and down? :ph34r:

that is really an awesome car, much better than an m3 or a CTS-V ;)

No it was off Monster Garage. It cleans out sewers. Notice the black circle on the bottom of the car in the back.

Do the creators have somthing against Italians? I like Ferraris too damn.

No. EA Games has the Ferrari/Maserati and Lamborghini license(s)

the xbox equivalent to gt4 has ferrari's... forget what that game is called though

The Xbox game is called Forza Motorsport

I would love to see that spec sheet lego btw. With such a big engine, you have much more to work with, in terms of expansion at least. For a car thats 10k (I am assuming thats where the new m3's price will be at) it just dosent seem worth it. Why settle for less?

That's not necessarily true. You could bore out the engine, but there's a chance that it can't take the additional heat of operating at the higher RPMs (and temperature). I know all the Porsche GT engines are much stronger than the standard 911 engines because they're made to withstand a much tougher load put on them.

And you're settling for an M3? It's one of the best handling cars under $100k. Especially for a sedan.

i know when the shelby daytona coupe raced in the le mans, it won on account of it's slower bigger engine, which lasted longer than the really small, high revving ferrari engines.

What year was this?

hmmm... i think it was in 64 in GT III, of course i don't know if there were ferraris in GTIII, though i don't know for sure, i saw it a while ago on TV. i know it won at sebring in the GT class that year too

That's not necessarily true. You could bore out the engine, but there's a chance that it can't take the additional heat of operating at the higher RPMs (and temperature). I know all the Porsche GT engines are much stronger than the standard 911 engines because they're made to withstand a much tougher load put on them.

And you're settling for an M3? It's one of the best handling cars under $100k. Especially for a sedan.

i don't know my porsches but do the GT porsches use the same block as a standard 911?

an m3 isn't just good because it's a great driver, but it's also a "luxury" car. try getting the same level of comfort out of an elise or an EVO :rolleyes: