Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Petey21

Ultimate pimp cars

And why would he build up that car. Small engine, heavy, dosent make too much sense. The car, stock, dosent have much torque because of the small amount of displacment. The turbo will add torque. But I cant see him adding 550+ HP to that stock engine, and will he have enough room under the hood, AND, will the suspension take it? Seems fishy.

I'm not doubting your friend or anything but 800+ horsepower does seem ridiculously high. Maybe 500+ seems more realistic.

And I agree, you can't just slap on a big turbo and expect to go fast, you have to make sure the engine can handle that much boost, bulid up the transmission, suspension upgrades, and lots of other things.

Although you did say he won three Finnish champions for tuning engines so he must know what he's doing, good luck to him and let us know how it turns out when he's done.

One stupid fight that I don't need to fight... Can't wait to try it out when he finishes it!

btw. Tuned Skyline GT-R engine gives you 800-1000 HP... and it's only 2.6 liter ;)

btw. Tuned Skyline GT-R engine gives you 800-1000 HP... and it's only 2.6 liter ;)

and Skyline GT-R R34 series is one the most beautiful cars ever made.... hope one day will have the money to buy one, modify it, and laugh when i will run away from a traffic light leaving everybody there with their porsche, ferrari or whatever else.... :lol:

i only do not comprehend why they still continue to put the steering weel on the wrong front seat... bah... :ph34r:

Sorry but i think i've not explain myself right.

It's not only putting on a turbo, there are a lot other things to do, but this are consequences of putting the turbo (or modify the one you have or tuning the one you have, big american v8 don't need turbo to output lot of hp and torque).

Of course adding 500+ horsepower it is not only for a big turbo you have a looot of other things to do, but expecially on a big v8 +500 hp is a possible thing to do.

Of course the candle that burns with double light burns in half time...

I know there are bigger engine, but hey 4.2l it's not a honda civic engine!

Of course i would know how he made to put 850 hp with a reasonable turbo lag time and how he manage to made an engine that last for a reasonable time, with 850hp engine, gearshaft and other thing that i don't know the name in english :unsure: are very stressed and need severe modification.

Anyway i prefer a small lotus elise than a powerful camaro, straight are for faster cars but turns are for faster pilots!

Vapor... those are actual weights, not curb weights.

EDIT: And what did Mosler finally decide to sell those for? $150k? $200k? That's a big difference from the Elise's $40k price tag.

And the fact that the car will run with cars that are 500,000+ is why I dont compare it to an elise.

the actual weight of an elise is 1700, not enough to offset a 250 hp boost. Look, im not comparing the car to an elise, because that wouldn't be fair. but when you compare it to cars well above its price range, it can put up a fight, and even win

It depends what model of the Mosler you're looking at. They are very capable cars, but the high end models are all carbon fibre and titanium... and not cheap.

I remember reading something where they had an elise vs. some kind of Ferrari (prob. a 360, not sure though) on the track and basically the Ferrari was better on the straightaways but the Elise smoked it on the curves.

I remember reading something where they had an elise vs. some kind of Ferrari (prob. a 360, not sure though) on the track and basically the Ferrari was better on the straightaways but the Elise smoked it on the curves.

Thats cause the Elise is lighter. Lighter = better handling.

It's not just that. When the car is lighter, it's stops quicker. So you can carry more speed into the turns.

Me and one of my buds are going to buy one of our friends old 1992 eclipses (were both going to fork over 500 bucks), and we are going to pimp it out. We are thinking of Spraypainting the whole car either chrome or metalic gold (spraypaint from autozone of course) and then just ricing it out, with a HUGE wing, those double sided tape scoops, and such. Dont forget the racing seat covers, and underglows too. When we get it all worked out, and we actualy do it, I will take some pictures

It's not just that. When the car is lighter, it's stops quicker. So you can carry more speed into the turns.

doesn't better braking just mean you can outbrake other cars? also the car has less force so it'll be able to turn better, especially going through the slalom.

Vapor : displacement has only a little to do with horsepower, i have no doubt someone can get 800+ horsepower out of a 4.2L v8 block, he'd just have to rebuild it, chaning the pistons, rods, basically everything so the engine doesn't explode. he'd probably also put in a turbo that has like 20psi or more of boost, with an intercooler, retune the fuel map etc.

a supra engine, 3.0L I6, rebuilt with twin turbos can reliable put out 1200hp at the crank on premium gas

so the audi (which probably also runs on premium) can do the same.

I never said displacment had to do with hp, it has to do with torque, more displacemtn, more torque.

When you are rebuilding the engine, replacing the suspension, stripping the car, whats the point in calling it the car that it was.

a supra engine, 3.0L I6, rebuilt with twin turbos can reliable put out 1200hp at the crank on premium gas

so the audi (which probably also runs on premium) can do the same.

No, it really can't. The absolute MOST anyone has ever made on straight pump gas with a supra motor is a little over 700 RWHP, for one pull on a dyno, on a built motor running at just over 7:1 compression. Rule of thumb with a standard 8.5:1 supra motor is no more than 600, maybe 650 RWHP if you want it to live on standard pump gas, IE: no 104 octane that sunoco sells at the pumps. Don't get me wrong, the 2JZ-series of motors are a great motor, but they arn't exactly pump gas monsters. A relatively large bore, mediocre quench, a moderately efficient cylinder head, and a large R/S ratio (longer rod means more piston dwell at TDC, = greater chance of detonation), and tiny cams with basically zero overlap don't make for a motor that will take truckloads of boost on low octane. A 1200 HP supra will not live on pump gas, period.