Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

13ToPsHeLf13

Chris Bourque

I was just wondering if you guy's think that Chris Bourque will ever be comparable to his father. I know they play different positions and all, but who do u think will be the overall better hockey player.

He's a bit small but has alot of talent. I think he will make the NHL but will have to find away to accept he will always be Ray's son and not Chris.

Bourque has amazing hands, good speed and is very hard to knock off the puck considering his size. His greatest asset has to be his offensive awareness. The guy always seems to be in the right spot for a pass or shot. He just has to get used to the fact that he can't pass and shoot at the times he used to be able to in prep-school hockey.

...I've seen his try some crazy, risky shit. Luckily (at least for his teammates), he usually gets away with it. He's got some skill, but I'm not sure that I would ever be able to totally trust his judgement.

I could see him being VERY similar to Gionta once he gets to the NHL. Use his vision to rack up assists, but never be a real force because of his size.

...I've seen his try some crazy, risky shit.  Luckily (at least for his teammates), he usually gets away with it.  He's got some skill, but I'm not sure that I would ever be able to totally trust his judgement.

I think he's calmed down a bit as the year's gone on. In the beginning of hte year he was making hail mary passes which, while they connected, scared the bejesus out of me as a fan, but I think he's toned those down. Also, he loves to dangle and it get shim on other teams' bad sides in a hurry.

(sort of off topic here)

I was playing shinny over the summer when a couple of guys from cushing walked in the dressing room and we started talking about prep hockey. I asked about Chris and they said he was about 3 levels ahead of everybody else. They also said when he was a freshman, he was offered a scholarship to Boston University-I almost crapped myself when I heard that.

(sort of off topic here)

I was playing shinny over the summer when a couple of guys from cushing walked in the dressing room and we started talking about prep hockey. I asked about Chris and they said he was about 3 levels ahead of everybody else. They also said when he was a freshman, he was offered a scholarship to Boston University-I almost crapped myself when I heard that.

He's Ray Bourque's son...

He's a bit small but has alot of talent. I think he will make the NHL but will have to find away to accept he will always be Ray's son and not Chris.

not notally true,

look at Brett Hull, he made a name for himself despite his father's name, maybe he could do the same.

I'm DEFINETELY not saying that he's not good, but you have to realize that when your Ray's son you get a little more recognition from scouts than the average kid.

(sort of off topic here)

I was playing shinny over the summer when a couple of guys from cushing walked in the dressing room and we started talking about prep hockey.  I asked about Chris and they said he was about 3 levels ahead of everybody else.  They also said when he was a freshman, he was offered a scholarship to Boston University-I almost crapped myself when I heard that.

You don't think I dont know that?

(sort of off topic here)

I was playing shinny over the summer when a couple of guys from cushing walked in the dressing room and we started talking about prep hockey.  I asked about Chris and they said he was about 3 levels ahead of everybody else.  They also said when he was a freshman, he was offered a scholarship to Boston University-I almost crapped myself when I heard that.

You don't think I dont know that?

Making a point.

I've played against him a number of times in the past like yglod, we've had first hand experiences against him.

He's very good, but he will not be another St. Louis or even Theo Fleury for that matter...

If he keeps up the clutch scoring, I'd say more like Drury. A talented guy who gets more publicity than most other guys with his numbers. I like Drury by the way.

If he keeps up the clutch scoring, I'd say more like Drury. A talented guy who gets more publicity than most other guys with his numbers. I like Drury by the way.

Umm...Bourque is nothing like Drury. While Bourque does score clutch goals, he's a lot flashier than I've ever seen Drury be, doesn't care as much about defense, and I'm not sure that his team game will elevate him to the same status that it has Drury without hte skill/scoring.

Update on Bourque--according to USCHO and USHR, he has left BU to go to Moncton of the QMJHL. Apparently academics were the reason. What a joke...couldn't keep up with academics at BU even though there's CGS.

Theirs nothing on Moncton's site on it. If this is true I'll take a trip over to Moncton to see him play. Are they allowed to pick him up? Their in the playoffs.

He has to go to Moncton sometime, he is their property from the Midget draft. Don't know if he can report during the playoffs, though. Anyone confirm this?

He is Moncton's property so if he left NCAA he's going to the Q. Are you sure your not mistaking Adam Pineault for Chris Bourque? I'm sure your probably right htough.

Bourque Leaves BU

"Chris Bourque has decided to leave Boston University and play for Moncton of the Quebec Major Junior League. Bourque, a second-round draft pick of the Washington Capitals, had 10 goals and 23 points in 35 games for the Terriers this season. According to USHR.com, Bourque has always struggled academically, and that may have been the impetus for his decision to leave. He has also been pursued aggressively by Moncton over the past couple of years."

Taken from www.uscho.com

He has to go to Moncton sometime, he is their property from the Midget draft.

i dont think he HAS to go to moncton. they drafted him but he wanted to play ncaa. but if he has left i think he can still go even tho they are in the playoffs not sure tho.

No no, that's not what I meant. I meant if he's going to the Q, which he obviously is, unless he wants to sit out a year of eligibilty, he has to go to Moncton a la Adam Pineault. If they trade his rights, that is a diff. story, but he is going there obviously.