Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kenneth

what do you guys do to add more grip?

My leather palms have worked incredbly well. I'm currently switching between different kinds of grips while i'm using normal palmed gloves and I have yet to find something that matches the same feeling.

I have yet to try the Pow'r tac, does anyone know where it can be found in the Toronto area?

If there is any type of Dick's Sporting Goods or anything like that at all, they'll probably have it. It's in the baseball section usually.

does anybody know the name of the company who makes goo grip or good bye cracks? or give me an online link from a U.S. retailer where i can order it

Check Lowe's or Home Depot.

I have a roll of hockey tape that is really really crappy for doing anything but adding some grip to the shaft. Its leaves sooo much stickyness residue behind when you pull it off blades and stuff that if I wrap it along the shaft where I want grip and peel it off right before game time I'll have grip lasting the whole game and then some. It would be expensive and not very smart if it was good tape but it adds grip and gets rid of this crappy tape so I'll do it till the roll runs out.

Just wondering but why is the need for "extra" grip a necessity. Is it that the shaft is slipping out of your hands or that it is twisting in your hands? I have never had a problem with a shaft moving in my hands. If I am completely wrong please let me know, it would be helpful :D

Also this is a bit off subject but do you guys use the same tape on the butt end of the shaft as the blade? I have always used the same tape but again if I am completely wrong let me know.

Just wondering but why is the need for "extra" grip a necessity. Is it that the shaft is slipping out of your hands or that it is twisting in your hands? I have never had a problem with a shaft moving in my hands. If I am completely wrong please let me know, it would be helpful :D

Also this is a bit off subject but do you guys use the same tape on the butt end of the shaft as the blade? I have always used the same tape but again if I am completely wrong let me know.

The extra Grip is wanted by some because it prevents the stick from twisting in your hands during a shot. Especially with a slapper, the force generated on the blade will make the stick twist back (clockwise in your lower hand when you are RH, counter-clockwise when LH). The grip coating is supposed to reduce the twisting. The downside with an overly tacky grip is that you can't move your hand up and down the shaft as easily.

As for the tape: It's all personel preference. I use the same on blade and top, both white. Some prefer white on top (doesn't stain palms as much as black) others don't. On the blade some prefer white because it is not distracting when you stickhandle the puck with peripheral vision. Some prefer black on the blade because it makes it tougher for the goalie to see the puck.

I also have an inno soft grip. Its perfect, tacky, but not too tacky. For the butt end, I'll tape it up with normal tape, then candy cane it with friction tape.

Guest phillyfan

I've been introduced to "Sure-foot." It's is a slip resistant textured epoxy coating, and works great on shafts. It comes in a spray can, but isn't cheap, believe a pack is around $200.00 or so. It works excellant though, and wouldn't be a bad idea for a "grip team." Just spray a layer on the desired portions, let it dry, and you have an excellant grip that lasts quite a while, doesn't chip either. I've had the same layer for a little over a month now. For the texture, it's not too tacky, but has enough grip to be effective. If you have ever felt a Sande OPS, it feels quite similar to the "sandpaper" grip, but far more durable.

on the top end of the shaft I use either rope or rolled tape to make a really nice grip that wouldn't ever slip. Anyone else use this type of grip for their top hand, or am I completely unfounded in doing it?

kirsch: Ya i roll the tape like that its the best way to do it fingers fit right in.

and for the grip wut also works is taking tape and wrappin it to like just a foot long piece of old stick and all you do is just wrap the tape on backwards and rub it down ur stick you have to use lots of force though

It's kinda funny, the league I play in now makes us cover up company names for non-sponsors of the league. Being that I use synergys I wrapped tape all down the shaft. I used to be someone that disliked grip, but I somewhat like this new texture with the wrap job.

I take a old blade or butt end, then wrap some tape around it with the sticky side on the outside then rub that along the stick, if the tape starts to lose some of it's "stickyness" then put another layer of tape and keep on a'rubbin'