Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JGraz15

Corebeam is shut down

Just checked this morning. Big schpeel about Markku being crucified and knowing what Christ went through. I hope everyone gets their prizes. What about all the money that was donated to keep the board running another year? Markku, will people be refunded their money they donated believing it was to support Corebeam's going concern?

Silly rabbit, religion is still the best business going; I'm sure he won't be refunding any superfluous funds.

Speaking of movies, Kill Bill Volume 2 comes out today :D

but yeah, I couldn't help but think how cheesy the whole finding jesus schpeel was. Whatever though, will this make our community better by adding more people?

164 ticket sold

avarage income from one ticket after paypal taking it's share was about 4.6$

That makes about 750$ US.

CoreBeam's yearly fee was about 230$. Too bad I paid it already. My ISP doesn't refund it.

So that leaves 520$.

I bought six hats for those guys/companies that donated items for the raffle. 20$/hat = 120$

That leaves 400$.

To Chadd I sent $120 for those CoreBeam caps so that he wouldn't have to take the losses out of them. 20$ went to shipping charges of a prize.

That leaves about $260. Yet I haven't decided what to do with it...

What about all the money that was donated to keep the board running another year?

Remember, you decided not to be a part of CoreBeam, not me.

I've seen The Passion of the Christ, but it didn't change me in any ways. It's a good historic document about Jesus, but as a movie it sucks IMO. Who wants to watch two hours of brutal violence.

Religion in the US is really big business! That is true. But some of the christianity is a bit twisted there...

I'm not saying that I suffered anything that Jesus did. I only know what it feels to be publicly humiliated and slandered for things that I didn't do.

Prizes will be delivered if it's up to me. I can do so little from across the pond. The items will be delivered as normal that were ordered through shop.

As a member of CoreBeam and a raffle ticket buyer, this is what I have to say-- You have decided to shut down CoreBeam for your own reasons. These reasons were beyond the control of any of your "paying" members who paid for a full year of your ISP costs in good faith by purchasing raffle tickets. Regardless of whether your ISP will refund your money, you paid for a year with donated money and are, I believe, obligated to your memebers. If you wish to fold, then you, not the members, should suffer the cost of forfeited internet hosting. This would up the kitty to $490, and you could reimburse each memeber $2.98 per ticket - with perhaps the exceptions of prize winners.

The money sounds pretty paltry, and once you subtract PayPal charges, the final refund would be slightly less. Perhaps then, you could give us the option to lump the refund total together to reinvest it as we see fit.

Either way, I'm not crying over a $5 loss, but I find it disappointing that a great resource has closed due to a bruised ego.

I would really have to agree with Dekehead here. All of the 164 tickets were bought for the chance to win a prize AND knowing that the funds would keep the site running. You've now decided to just take down the site even though its members gave money through the raffle to ensure its survival at least for another year. Thats just not right.

I personally donated money to the site before the raffle was announced, not expecting to get anything out of it EXCEPT the survival of the site for another year. The way I see it, you knew this change in idealogy was coming down the line, why then did you collect money to 'keep the site alive' even though you had no intent to do that?

Forget the fund raiser aspect of that thing! I the raffle there was 12 excellent prizes. I'm sure most of you would have bought a ticket even if it wouldn't have been a fund raiser.

Compare the retail values of those prizes and the income from those tickets.

Like I said, the main reason for CoreBeam shutdown was that there's no need for two "identical" hockey equipment sites. I'm sure this is as good as a source of information that CoreBeam was.

CoreBeam is and was me. I folded, CoreBeam folded. You can blame yourselfes of that. Without that slandering, I still might have some motivation to run the site. I have no intention to start refunding raffle money. It wouldn't make any sense. There are much more "thank you for arranging the raffle"s than negative feedback.

But the fact is that I have extra $260 and I haven't decided what to do with it. But as you have made me this asshole, maybe I'll just be one and take the money...

(remember that $260 equals about 210 euros. And remember that Finland is very expencive country. You can't even get a decent OPS with that! So 260$ isn't that much money actually...)

The way I see it, you knew this change in idealogy was coming down the line, why then did you collect money to 'keep the site alive' even though you had no intent to do that?

After facing the facts, I don't see a point of keeping CoreBeam anymore. Yesterday I had full intention of upkeeping the site, but as I wasn't even allowed to have a break, I thought that there wasn't anything to salvage.

I didn't know that this would happen when the raffle was held. If you want to blame someone for CoreBeam shutting down, blame yourselfes. You are the ones you stopped visiting there and posting there. Like some of you said, it was about to turn into EMB. It's better to fold when you are still "winning". CoreBeam was a successful site when it ended and I liked to leave it as one.

But you have a great new site here, use it.

Like I said, the main reason for CoreBeam shutdown was that there's no need for two "identical" hockey equipment sites. I'm sure this is as good as a source of information that CoreBeam was.

So what, H/P should shut down because Dell's around? That's a cop-out.

Forget the fund raiser aspect of that thing! I the raffle there was 12 excellent prizes. I'm sure most of you would have bought a ticket even if it wouldn't have been a fund raiser.

When a site has a raffle, theres usually a purpose beyond just a prize. I regularly enter raffles on a computer site I frequent but not a single one is just for a prize, the money is either going to towards a charity/a family in distress/help with litigation/etc. The Prizes are donated by the companies to help in that manner and its also good publicity/free advertising. In the case of CB, the prizes were gotten from the sponsors for free. We paid for a raffle for a chance to win the prizes that were donated and knew that the money would be going towards the betterment of the site. Now, you've got a situation where the money is going into a black hole, we'll never see the benefits of that money. You may, but we as a whole won't.

You can expect more then a few people to be pissed about this.

I am wondering if he came here just to bother us and do shit in the new chanel.

Guys this is the same argument I have been hearing for about a month now. We are at the point of no return on this one.

Let it rest and PLEASE let it die.

I wish this site great success and Markku a peaceful and happy future.

DONE and out on this topic :D

CoreBeam is and was me. I folded, CoreBeam folded. You can blame yourselfes of that. Without that slandering, I still might have some motivation to run the site. I have no intention to start refunding raffle money. It wouldn't make any sense. There are much more "thank you for arranging the raffle"s than negative feedback.

But the fact is that I have extra $260 and I haven't decided what to do with it. But as you have made me this asshole, maybe I'll just be one and take the money...

(remember that $260 equals about 210 euros. And remember that Finland is very expencive country. You can't even get a decent OPS with that! So 260$ isn't that much money actually...)

You can't separate the fund raiser from the raffle because it suits you and don't downplay the fact you may keep the money. I don't care where you live, $260USD is not just bus fare. <_<

Let me echo Ponty's sentiment, DONE.

I was a member at Corebeam for over a year. I am a member here but I never post much here or when I was at Corebeam. I know I am probably going to get a lot of heat for this statement, but I think the raffle was a good idea. The only drawback to it was the way it was carried out. I would have ought a ticket but I don't have paypal and I am only 15(No credit card). All the prizes in the raffle were great and was a good FUND RAISER is that is the way the money was to be spent. I think that the fund raiser could have went better if it was explained better what the money was to be used for. To support Corbeam at the time and to pay back Chadd for the hats. The extra money should have been used to support Corebeam for later years if it would still have been around. That's all I have to say for now.

some warning of the site closing would of helped, considering the site was suppose to be up for at least one more year, some people still have important PM messages there. Not everyone moved over to this board.

All I can say is :o I just joined CB a few months ago, and really enjoyed it.. but man.. that's just unbelievable.. thank god I didn't buy a ticket (cause I almost did) ... bad thing is, is that this will now scar me from ever wanting to buy raffles, etc from a "good" site.. :(

michelle

Markku

don't balme your greed on us. you said in your whole ordeal on MSH that you intend to keep the money. We are slandering you because you make shitty decisions and took a huge dump on corebeam. It's your fault everyone left. Face it. You never wnet through anything even as close as painful as Jesus, and don't make youirself soung gospel like. Your a cheat and a liar. I didn't buy a raffle ticket but what was the main purpose of it? To keep up corebeam. You lost the mods, needed soem other help with the board, and you made the raffle. Had the mods not left I'm sure you would have said that the money was for keeping up the site, but since they left, you had to pay for it by yourself and kept encouraging the raffle to go on so you could pocket some dough.

In another argument, if you keep the money for youself and fold corebeam based on the reasons you gave,t hat is a legal issu.e You made people fork over money for no reason, whether there be 12 or so prizes or not. Every person who bought a ticket wanted to see corebeam alive, and if you fold based ont he reasons given, you can be sued/ arrested. I know it.

some warning of the site closing would of helped, considering the site was suppose to be up for at least one more year, some people still have important PM messages there.

Yeah that's what I thought too... So why's it shut down now?

There wasn't enough money involved to make a civil suit worthwhile. However it may have violated state or local laws and be open to criminal prosecution. Again, so little money was involved it's pointless.

Let's just stay positive and give our best wishes to Markku in his future endeavors.

Only $10 million? But seriously, I don't think anyone would want thier money back anyway from a raffle isn't that common sense? That's like donating money then asking for it back.

Can we please not make this a religion conversation. There are millions of people who use that belief system as a way of life. Despite what you think personally, you shouldn't call that way of living wrong.

You don't need to put down a religion in this or any topic. You will offend many people with what you wrote. If thats your feelings fine but Keep them to yourself.