Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eman24dx

MP3 Player

Have you turned the EQ to bass booster?

well it was set to max bass for all I know (it was my friend's ipod)

I'm lookin into something with more than 1gb. There's no point for me to go out and get a 40gb ipob photo, since I probably won't use all the space.

I prefer flash memory mp3 players as opposed to the HD ones for when I work out or practice at the rink by myself. They don't skip and honestly, you don't really need 4 gigs of music on a mp3 player.

Ipods, and some of the other players that have 4 gig and over use cards not hard drives. No moving parts makes the last a lot longer.

i heard from somewhere that a card's ability to store data accurately effectively diminishes after a few years. in my experience, regular hard drives (i dunno about ipod once) last at least 7 or 8 years (i've used one since 97 with no problems yet)

those new sony netwalkman or what ever its called 20gig looks good. battery life is the best feature. only downside is that crazy ATRAC format or whatever.

according to my friends (all proponents of MD's), the ATRAC format can compress files to a smaller size while still retaining higher quality than MP3's of comparative size..

I have an RCA lyra and I hav not had any problems with it.

Same here, but it does tend to go through batteries kinda quick...unless that's how all mp3 players work. I have nothing ot compare it to. But again, no problems with the lyra.

according to my friends (all proponents of MD's), the ATRAC format can compress files to a smaller size while still retaining higher quality than MP3's of comparative size..

I have a md also with my mp3 player and i must say the system sucks. You can only check a song out 3 times and other stuff like that. Plus it takes longer to transfer songs because it has to convert the format to .omg.

i have a sont minidisc, and a benq mp3 player. i like using the benq one better cause its so small, and so much easier to put new songs on.

If possible, I'd advise you to save up your money for an iPod. They are well worth the money and time to achieve the amount needed. You can probably find a 2nd/3rd gen for ~250 on ebay. Perhaps you could opt for an iPod mini?

If you really want to go to lengths, try www.freeipods.com and complete the offers. If you get everyone to sign up for it, you will be sent an iPod (go to www.freeipodguide.com for proof of how it works).

If not, try to base your decision on the opinions here or search for <MP3 PLAYER> Review on Google for some reviews.

Perhaps you could buy an ATRAC-3 Sony CD Player? Some run about $60 and the software can compress up to 495 songs onto one CD-R.

I have an iriver mp3 player, its nice and small, and they are pretty decently priced. If you check around online they always get pretty good reviews. And the 256mb version and above come with an fm tuner which is nice. I use it when i go to the gym and run, so 256mb is more than enough for me.

Nope, no deal with sending them to Canada. I got my cousin in the states one for him though. Nice suprise when he woke up and his parents came in with a package with an iPod in it.

hey i am lookin to get an mp3 player for christmas

i was looking at ipods which are kind of pricy

i also saw the dell Dj jukebox its 20gb and 220 bucks anyone know anything about it

I got a 15GB DJ last year for xmas and only problem was I dropped it once and it landed on the headphone plug and it knocked the headphone jack loose but Dells customer service is awesome and they sent me a new one and everything. They have changed the looks of the newer ones but thats the only differnce I can tell between the 2 versions.

Well the specs of the Dell DJ are that it is ugly, slow, bulky, and ugly. On the other hand, an Ipod is....

Well the specs of the Dell DJ are that it is ugly, slow, bulky, and ugly. On the other hand, an Ipod is....

The new ones are alot nicer then the old ones.

I just got an Ipod.  I got one that holds 3,700 songs

See, to me that is just overkill. I don't think I could come up with 500 songs to put on the damn thing. Never-the-less, I am looking at getting myself an Ipod :rolleyes:

See, to me that is just overkill. I don't think I could come up with 500 songs to put on the damn thing. Never-the-less, I am looking at getting myself an Ipod :rolleyes:

I'd reccomend getting a mini then, they hold somewhere around 1,000 songs. I've heard the battery life is a lot worse on mini ipods (compared to regular ipods), is this true?

I'd reccomend getting a mini then, they hold somewhere around 1,000 songs. I've heard the battery life is a lot worse on mini ipods (compared to regular ipods), is this true?

I can't imagine it being too much worse. They might get 3 hours instead of the 4 that I'm getting on my 15 gig. It really isn't too much of a problem though, I bought a car charger for it.

Thats what I got this past weekend. I had games in Seattle and I charged it fully in the hotel room on Sat. night. On Sunday, I drove home. Its a 5 hour drive, and I listened to my iPod for about 4 hours of it, and it was almost completely gone by the time I got home.