Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

freeflow94

Under Armour, Nike Dri-Fit or Just a T-Shirt?

I've used UA heat gear for a few years and love them. Just got a UA Men's Longsleeve Grippy long sleeve and like it better. Elbows don't move at all.

I prefer the compression. IMO it feels thinner and wicks the sweat away better. I've had people tell me the other way around though. They both do the same thing, more personal preference than anything.

Firstar Apparel Undershirt (Compression and Moisture Wicking)

Nike Dryfit Compressions Shorts (Like runners shorts) with an Itech Jockplus over those

Nike Dryfit Technical Soccer Socks

I saw some compression-wicking shirts/shorts etc at Wal*Mart the other day...can't recall the brand name...but they were substantially cheaper than UA or Nike or whatever.

I know I am being vague...but does anyone know what brand it is...and is it any good?

I saw some compression-wicking shirts/shorts etc at Wal*Mart the other day...can't recall the brand name...but they were substantially cheaper than UA or Nike or whatever.

I know I am being vague...but does anyone know what brand it is...and is it any good?

Target sells champion C9 stuff. I wear it all the time but rarely for playing hockey.

I just go shirtless. works the best imo.

Tried that once when I forgot my undershirt. I was hating life halfway through the game.

If you like bargains keep your eye out at shops like Kohls and Costco. I got RBK compression pants for $20 at Kohls and NikeDri-Fit compression shirts for $15 @ Costco. Thin UA socks @ Big 5. Love 'em!

Target sells champion C9 stuff. I wear it all the time but rarely for playing hockey.

No Target in Canada, which is where I think Radio is from. My understanding is that the wicking material is not patented by underarmour and that all the wicking material products are very similar.

I use the C9 stuff, but I get a discount at Target.

I have a long sleeve Under Armour compression shirt and Itech compression pants. Bought them on a whim - wasn't sure about the whole compression clothing thing. Boy I wish they had this stuff years ago when I was playing competitive hockey. Really comfortable and just wicks away all moisture. Take the stuff off and you feel dry as a bone.

Used to go shirtless, but my Mission fuel shoulderpads chafe, where my old ones didn't. So, now I use a light T-shirt because I'm allergic to all that performance stuff.

I have a few compression long sleeve tops that I rotate: UA compression grippy, Everlast compression, and an Easton baseball form fitting mock.

All of which work great, except I notice that my UA long sleeve is getting fuzzy in certain areas; I assume from rubbing against skin and/or pads? I sense the end is near.

For bottoms, I'm currently wearing Vapor XXXX grip compression hockey pants. I had an Itech compression pant before that but the seams around the hip area ripped after a few uses and eventually separated completely from the rest of the pant.

I use an Underarmor-esque long sleeve shirt and I love it. It's just one of the cheapo ones, not a real Underarmor, but it works perfectly. I used a regular t-shirt underneath my gear one time and I hated it. I also use a Shock Doctor wicking jock and some of the Easton wicking skate socks. The moisture wicking stuff is awesome. Super comfortable and keeps you cool and feeling dry.

I got an RBK long sleeve wicking shirt, I love it. Way better than a t shirt and obviously better than shirtless which, being in socal, people do around here its not like its natural ice... or snow... you get it.

All of which work great, except I notice that my UA long sleeve is getting fuzzy in certain areas; I assume from rubbing against skin and/or pads? I sense the end is near.

The velcro does it.

I've used UA at work for years now. It's actually not bad stuff but after a while it does tend to get worn out..the more you have the longer they last since you can cycle through them. I follow the instructions on them and never use fabric softener but they eventually will just go on me. I have a pair of the heat gear compression long sleeve shirts that I use for hockey and they've kept me alot cooler than the silly mock turtleneck sweaters I got from some dept. store or another. I was always soaked before I switched to the UA's but now I feel alot more comfortable. Makes me feel somewhat muscular cause they hold all the "loose" stuff in... <_< Still doesn't stop the sweat but it pulls it right off. Gotta get some more though.

I just use my Adidas soccer shirt. It's got some climate control or something technology in it? It's great during hot, sticky soccer games and it's great under the equipment.

The old light blue trifilar(spelling?) polo tops are still the best I've found. I have 5 of the tops that I have been using 1995. They're still just as great as the day I got em. I've tried the "latest and greatest" that rbk has in pro issue gear and its just not comparable. I wish I could pick up a couple more new so I'm not constantly doing laundry to play. Anyone seen them available recently?