Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

this guy

Getting hit in the pills...

So I was watching the DU/UNH game this past weekend and a player for DU took a DIRECT slapshot right to the junk. It was a UNH powerplay and the Dman had it at the point,wound up for a slapshot and the DU player went to one knee and took the puck right to the pills. I almost threw up when they showed the replay. It was one of those 1 in a million shots that hit direct. So has that happened to any of you? Iv'e hit a good number of goalies in the pills but have only taken a blocked pass to the junk. You really had to see the replay to fully understand the kind of pain the kid was in.

Watching a somewhat decent mens league game after practice one day, watched a shot shatter the goalies cup, he was on the ice for a good 15 minutes and finally was helped off the ice. Drove himself to the hospital...

Last year i was playing center in the defensive zone, and my wing got caught down low so i was covering his point man, and the puck came out to him, wound up, hit me square. The kid with the hardest shot on the other team no less. Managed to get to the bench, and passed out for about 10 seconds. Needless to say I sat the last 10 minutes of the second period, and was back out in the 3rd, still in some decent pain.

Also while we're on the topic, this year my school bball team was stretching in the locker room, and i was you no, standing spread eagle stretching my legs, and my friend decides to be funny and fake kick me in the jewels from behind. Well, he didnt fake it, he wound up like he was kicking a field goal and kicked me as hard as he could. Keep in mind he was a soccer player for 5 years, so he knows how to kick. I was on the ground for a good 10 mins, missed warmups for our game. After the game in the locker room, i was finally getting to 100%, so I kicked his ass, alllllll over the locker room, that rat bastard.

i hate it when ppl joke like that and think its hilarious. Yeah, seein someone get the accidental shot in the berries is funny, I'll admit, but it's nothin to mess around with. I took a shot playin football back in high school and ended up havin emergency surgery on the boys the next day. Its no walk in the park.

wear your cups!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew this was going to come up sooner or later. The Denver player was Luke Ful..crum, grem, something, something, but yeah, his heart and soul play was the talk to our mens hockey locker room this week. Stunning to watch it on T.V. especially after the replay. Notice they didn't replay it again untill the closing highlights. Too brutal.

yeah its hard to watch that looked like a hard shot but nething to the junk hurts like a mother. i most cryed the frist time i saw it. ouch!!

i went trick or treating with a girl i was trying to impress this last holloween, and we ended up running into my friend who ran up to give me a hug. i jumped out of the way and he swung his full bag of candy around and it caught me right in the junk. i felt like i was gunna hurl for the rest of the night. talk about embarrassing. somethin went right tho, i'm still with the girl haha

Some clown hooked/speared me from behind in my junk last summer in adult league. I was down for the count. Unfortunately I haven't played against him since that game (he was kicked out), so I'm still awaiting my revenge.

I got speared in the bag real bad once. I managed to skate off, but I just laid down for about 5mins on the bench.

i went trick or treating with a girl i was trying to impress this last holloween, and we ended up running into my friend who ran up to give me a hug. i jumped out of the way and he

What kind of friends are you hanging out with :blink::blink: ;)

when it happens it absolutly kills. On tsn a while ago they had a top 10 on this very subject with #1 being a professional soccer player getting hit from about 5 feet away with ball coming at him full speed

So I was watching the DU/UNH game this past weekend and a player for DU took a DIRECT slapshot right to the junk. It was a UNH powerplay and the Dman had it at the point,wound up for a slapshot and the DU player went to one knee and took the puck right to the pills. I almost threw up when they showed the replay. It was one of those 1 in a million shots that hit direct. So has that happened to any of you? Iv'e hit a good number of goalies in the pills but have only taken a blocked pass to the junk. You really had to see the replay to fully understand the kind of pain the kid was in.

i was at those games, sat. and sundays. after he got hit he was down for a while then when he skated off he was waddling down the tunnel. :P

we have this one kid on our team who has a freakin cannon. his little brother tried to be brave and block it, got hit with no cup. he'll nevre think about blocking a shot again

worst i took was in high school baseball. It was a high pitch and the batter just tipped it as i was standing up and it cought me square :huh:

Never a slapper, but I got a clearing attempt square in the junk a couple weeks ago....can only imagine how much a hard shot would hurt.

I was carrying the puck on a 1v1 and I ripped a slapper into the zone nailed the d right inthe gonads. I got a break away after that one. Of course i chocked on it.

I've been lucky and never go hit too bad there, just a few sticks and weak dumps.

Now that I've said this I'll probably get hit there the next time I try to block a shot.

I have never taken a puck to the family gems, as I almost always wear a cup. The few times I have forgot to wear one I have been lucky. Once I did forget it and I got hit buy a stick during warm-ups. It hurt so bad I started getting dizzy, but I was ready to go by the 2nd peroid. Needless to say as soon as the cup leaves the washer it goes into the bag so its not forgotten.

I was playing goalie in the driveway with my older brother against the garage door when I was a kid with the sofa pads ducked taped to my legs and my catcher and blocker sans cup and helmet. My brother was using a few of the old orange balls filled with water to shoot wristers at me untill a few of his girlfriends showed up.

He impressed the girls with his mighty slapshot, the second of which punched my nuts up to my lungs. I'll never forget looking up into this hot chick's face and hearing her say "Oh, his eyes are open...lets go." True to form, I got my ass kicked for driving the girls away.

I took one in an IM soccer game in college, figures it'd be the game that I had some girls coming to and they got there right as I took the shot. I really thought my jewels were gone, but being that there were girls around I didn't want to whip it out and check. Makes me nauseous just thinking about it.

we have this one kid on our team who has a freakin cannon. his little brother tried to be brave and block it, got hit with no cup. he'll nevre think about blocking a shot again

i dont think you guys understand.. this kid is a '90 and has the biggest ripshot ever... id say id goes 90mph's atleast. Hes scored from full ice maybe 10 times in his life :)

anyway his lil bro is a '92 and it was freakin crazy when he got drilled. we still give him credit for shaking it off lol

Rich Parent was subbing in for St. Louis 3 or 4 years back. It was, oddly, on his birthday and his parents (no pun) came to watch him play in the bigs.... only.... he didn't make the game. Curious, they saw him in warm ups, but why wasn't he playing or at least on the bench?

He ended up being a game time scratch. Listing? "Severe Scrotal Contusion".

He took one right in the walnuts. Broke his cup, and he got a bruised pair (one has to surmise that Al McInnis caught him square in the cubes).