Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Warrior Dynasty AX1ST/LT Stick Lineup

AX1ST/LT look like beauties.

I know they have different kick points, but is it possible to provide a high level comparison between an 85 flex AX1 ST compared to an 85 flex covert DT (original 2012 DT)?

Is the AX1 ST stiffer, softer, about the same as the DT?

Picked up a 75 flex ax1lt w28 curve. Tried it in a shooting booth. Can't wait to get it on ice.

Curious to hear what you think about the puck feel compared to the old AX1. Keep us updated please.

Also, are these coming with the 'Built Better Guarantee'?

AX1ST/LT look like beauties.

I know they have different kick points, but is it possible to provide a high level comparison between an 85 flex AX1 ST compared to an 85 flex covert DT (original 2012 DT)?

Is the AX1 ST stiffer, softer, about the same as the DT?

It's hard to compare sticks from juxtaposing platforms as well as predicting how you, as a player, "feel" flex or use it while shooting. Sorry, I won't try.

The best way to describe the stick lines is this:

Dynasty platform profile is MidKick. AX1ST is a mid-kick stick with STrong Arm and HiFused reinforcements. This keeps the lower part of the stick stiffer and enhances the mid kick feel.

Covert platform profile offers SuperLow Kick.

Also, are these coming with the 'Built Better Guarantee'?

I'm not sure...the marketeers handle that one. I pretty sure it will continue. I'll inform otherwise.

Just looked at the ax1 St. Nice stick and pretty well balanced. My lhs didn't have the lt which would be more my style. Is the ax1 st/lt the first series to have the yakupov curve because I can't seem to find it on any of the dt1 lt/st

It's hard to compare sticks from juxtaposing platforms as well as predicting how you, as a player, "feel" flex or use it while shooting. Sorry, I won't try.

The best way to describe the stick lines is this:

Dynasty platform profile is MidKick. AX1ST is a mid-kick stick with STrong Arm and HiFused reinforcements. This keeps the lower part of the stick stiffer and enhances the mid kick feel.

Covert platform profile offers SuperLow Kick.

I'm not sure...the marketeers handle that one. I pretty sure it will continue. I'll inform otherwise.

Gotcha, Fair enough,thanks!

Just looked at the ax1 St. Nice stick and pretty well balanced. My lhs didn't have the lt which would be more my style. Is the ax1 st/lt the first series to have the yakupov curve because I can't seem to find it on any of the dt1 lt/st

If your LHS doesn't have LT, they may be able to special order it for you.

Was able to use the AX1LT (85 flex/Granlund) for the very first time last night. Normally I have to go through a transition skate or two with any new stick, but was very comfortable with the AX1LT through the entire 2-hour skate. First go round was impressive. I'll be providing a long-term-review and will be glad to answer any questions. Currently skating at least 4 times a week, so this stick will see plenty of ice time.

I also passed the stick around the locker room after the skate as the stick was well noticed on the ice. Everyone commented on how light the stick was.

I've gotten a couple of skates in with mine now and couldn't be happier with it. Puck feel is amazing. Only downer is the silver paint on the blade is coming off quick but that's not a big deal to me.

I've gotten a couple of skates in with mine now and couldn't be happier with it. Puck feel is amazing. Only downer is the silver paint on the blade is coming off quick but that's not a big deal to me.

Wang_Gletzky

can you PM me pictures?

Wang_Gletzky

can you PM me pictures?

Hey Keith,

Just tried sending you a pm but it says you are unable to receive messages?

Wondering how the newer Dynasty sticks compare to the older versions like this one http://hockeysupremacy.com/en/shop/product/warrior-dynasty-hockey-stick/

I can get one of those at my LHS for $80 right now with a Gionta curve and 85 flex but there are only 2 of them. Trying to decide if I should pull the trigger on one of those or a Covert DT3 once I find one.

Hey Keith,

Just tried sending you a pm but it says you are unable to receive messages?

Mailbox was full...sorry. Try again.

Wondering how the newer Dynasty sticks compare to the older versions like this one http://hockeysupremacy.com/en/shop/product/warrior-dynasty-hockey-stick/

I can get one of those at my LHS for $80 right now with a Gionta curve and 85 flex but there are only 2 of them. Trying to decide if I should pull the trigger on one of those or a Covert DT3 once I find one.

For your first question, The new dynasty sticks are lighter and more durable than the first generation Dynasty stick. We've made some huge improvements in engineering these new sticks.

As for the second part, the Dynasty stick has a very different feel from the Covert. Covert will flex mostly at the bottom of the stick (near the blade). The Dynasty flexes in the middle and spreads flex along the whole length of the stick.

Hope this info helps.

For your first question, The new dynasty sticks are lighter and more durable than the first generation Dynasty stick. We've made some huge improvements in engineering these new sticks.

As for the second part, the Dynasty stick has a very different feel from the Covert. Covert will flex mostly at the bottom of the stick (near the blade). The Dynasty flexes in the middle and spreads flex along the whole length of the stick.

Hope this info helps.

I know the Covert fits my style a little better but I was thinking for that price an old Dynasty would serve me well. Guess i'll hold out for a Covert. Thanks.

Awesome stick! Been using it for a few weeks now and it's been great. My shots come off harder than with any other stick and the weight and balance is unreal. I would definitely suggest picking one up.

I'll be beating up this stick tomorrow night - It'll be the 3rd stick I've used in 3 nights. I've been doing it after hours when my store's closed.

We should hire some of the kids next-door. They're probably stick experts by now :laugh:

We should hire some of the kids next-door. They're probably stick experts by now :laugh:

DUDE...they bought a stick two days ago that we transferred from Chicago. A Graf ABS stick. And you know how we have a log where we enter customer info for product transferred from other markets? He's known simply as "Shooting Booth Kid."

Background - at my store we have a 35x15 rink where customers can test out sticks. We have these kids who live in the apartment complex around the corner that have come in EVERY DAY since we opened in May. They shoot pucks for like 45 minutes then they leave and go to Golfsmith a few doors down and putt balls.

DUDE...they bought a stick two days ago that we transferred from Chicago. A Graf ABS stick. And you know how we have a log where we enter customer info for product transferred from other markets? He's known simply as "Shooting Booth Kid."

That one purchase gave "shooting booth kid" access to the booth for another year. "Shooting Booth For Customers Only"

That one purchase gave "shooting booth kid" access to the booth for another year. "Shooting Booth For Customers Only"

DAMNIT he'll pull out a crumbled receipt

Wanted to get some feedback on the AX1LT from people that have used it (maybe some of the LTR guys on here)

I currently play with a NXG, so any reference to that would be appreciated. Also use a Nexus from time to time. Used the previous AX1 and really liked the feel, but it was just too blade heavy for me.

1) How is this stick in terms of weight/balance?

2) How does the stick shoot (wristers, snappers, slappers)? Similar feel on the shaft flex/flex profile to the NXG?

3) How is the puck feel? (I'm guessing it's the same as the previous version, doesn't seem to be any new stuff there)

Thanks

Weight and balance are very good. I'm using the W05/Granlund curve, which is a big retail pattern in terms of size and I did not find the stick to be blade heavy at all. As light as any other top end OPS on the market except for the EK15.

I am shooting the puck slightly better with the AX1LT than I am with my pro stock Easton V9E (which I really like). Easy load and release on wristers, excellent velocity with snapshots and slapshots, and all with accuracy.

Great puck feel in my opinion. For me, better than the AX1, which was also very good.

Warrior didn't lie when they said this was this best stick ever. I am really enjoying this stick so far. The only thing left that needs to be solidified for the AX1LT is that of durability, and I am closely approaching the one month mark of putting this stick through some intense physical use, and sometimes, abuse.