Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SoftwareDev

Where do you get your equipment?

3 hours ago, Jgscenter said:

Icewarehouse takes a week to get to Maryland from California 

Hockeymonkey ships from there closest store with the item so it's usually 3-4 days using the cheapest option 

Last year, my Dad and good friend obtained ownership of Hockey Plus / Goalies Plus in Harrisburg, PA.

I joined in to assist with web and marketing stuff lately (and clearly doing a poor job if you're in MD and never heard of us.)

Anyway, we're still working through the first year as we develop but we're happy to help.

I use Pro Stock Hockey quite a bit. When you call them, they are extremely knowledgeable , and  even will pull the item off the shelf to measure or describe an aspect of the product if needed. With most other mail order sites, it's a waist of time to call with questions. The person on the other end of the phone will either confess they've never even played hockey, or worse, try to fake it by regurgitating the on-line description and offering wrong info.

1 hour ago, clarkiestooth said:

I use Pro Stock Hockey quite a bit. When you call them, they are extremely knowledgeable , and  even will pull the item off the shelf to measure or describe an aspect of the product if needed. With most other mail order sites, it's a waist of time to call with questions. The person on the other end of the phone will either confess they've never even played hockey, or worse, try to fake it by regurgitating the on-line description and offering wrong info.

Another reason I use IW... being able to just shoot @IW Team - Chase a message has been huge for me in the past :)

Of course I can always ask JR about stuff for Pure/Total as well, but their shipping times make them more of a last resort. Not their fault, they're just shipping from so far away. 

11 hours ago, Josh_G said:

Last year, my Dad and good friend obtained ownership of Hockey Plus / Goalies Plus in Harrisburg, PA.

I joined in to assist with web and marketing stuff lately (and clearly doing a poor job if you're in MD and never heard of us.)

Anyway, we're still working through the first year as we develop but we're happy to help.

I'll keep you in mind.

Worth noting that I use my LSH (East Coast Hockey Supply) whenever possible but you can't compete with online for getting deals on last years stuff.

2.5 hours from here is ko sports and peranis. I use them in that order.  However, if it is something that is routine or  I know sizing or just a great deal I use iw, hockey monkey or discount hockey online in that order.  I would say iw gets most of my business.  They have treated me great. Their customer service has been top notch. Often i put in orders for guys i skate with.  It saves us shipping.

10 hours ago, clarkiestooth said:

This how we want to approach things as well, and I wouldn't be helping if I wasn't still playing and using the gear (a lot, 'cuz I do love new gear ...!)  My old man is 74 and still plays twice weekly.

That said, I understand players/shoppers wanting the "best clearance deal" given the prices of stuff, but it bums me out to think of those sales going to business-types who never played.

9 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Another reason I use IW... being able to just shoot @IW Team - Chase a message has been huge for me in the past :)

Whatever our place might be in the market, the stuff that the IW Team does is awesome!  Their library of information on gear is an asset to the industry, period.

I live in Illinois so we have a 2 hour drive to Total Hockey (whoops) Pure Hockey.  they can be quick with an order too...so it can pay to order online and if something is not right, return it to the store.  The website was very helpful a few years back, just before camp we could not find his skates, we looked online, found a pair and which store.  Called the store and told them to hold them and we took the drive.  Tried them on and purchased said skates.

There is a smaller local shop, but not thrilled with the service...He will try to sell you into whatever stock he is trying to move...Total had been the favorite and really the place to go for us at least.  We will see how Pure-Total does...

Otherwise its whoever has what I am searching for when I need it.  just becuase I need elbows, does not mean the favorite willhave the make/line/model I am interested in...you really need to do your homework.

Perani's is the only game in town right now in Columbus. I've used them since I was a little kid back home so I don't mind them. For sticks I second the motion on prostock hockey. IW always has a great for selection and they are always in stock with anything you are looking for. Always do your homework on your gear like hawkeyfan was saying. You might find last years model to be just as good as the brand new model while saving you lots of $$(hockey gear so an extra $). For skates, always go to a shop do not ever buy online unless you are in a dire situation and always try everything on that you possibly can.  

(Total) Pure Hockey in Exton, PA is about 5 mins from where I work. That's where I do most of my in-person shopping. Online, I buy majority of my stuff off of eBay. I've bought stuff online from (Total) Pure Hockey, IW and Hockey Monkey. For officiating (online only): Official's Wearhouse, PG Hockey and REFcore. These are my shopping habits since I graduated college back in Spring 2010.