Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

hahahaha, oh god people getting kids faces tattooed on them, thats horrible!!! and ugly! My friend ken got it right, and his story was awesome, he said basically he broke all ten commandments growing up, yep all ten which kind of blew me away when considering even all you non religious types know those at least. Well he figured he would get the tablets and put the ten most sacred words on his arm, and so all ten of his kids are on the "tablets" on his arm and in small letterform their birthdates, i loved that!

ummmmmmmm yeh I don't really know what to say about this.......to each their own I suppose...

San Jose Sharks defenseman Brent Burns(notes) probably isn't the only NHL player with a tattoo of a dragon somewhere on his body. But he might be the only one that has a tattoo of a boy wizard battling it.

Burns tweeted this tat on his left thigh earlier in the week, saying he's always loved books and that "Hogwarts looks fun"; he later told the Mercury News that he's a big Harry Potter fan, which is why this piece is among his many tattoos.

brent_burns_and_the_harry_potter_tattoo_of_awesome.jpg

What do you guys think about getting a text-only (stylized obviously) tattoo, like a song lyric or a personal motto?

Edited by AIREAYE

What do you guys think about getting a text-only (stylized before) tattoo, like a song lyric or a personal motto?

If done right, I think they look sweet. Some of my buddies have them and I think they look good.

Edited by steelnation248

What do you guys think about getting a text-only (stylized obviously) tattoo, like a song lyric or a personal motto?

Do it for you, not for others. If you like the idea and want it, that's fine. Depending on your line of work or career aspirations, you might want to make sure it can be covered for interviews or at work. Personally, I can't think of anything that means that much to me and has for any real length of time. I'm not the same person I was 10 years ago and I'll be someone else in 10 more years. But that's just me, a lot of other people don't do that. Not saying either is right or wrong, it just is.

Yeah I absolutely agree with you Chadd, these are ideas that mean a lot to me. I also understand that (hell, I've been through a lot of that) that people WILL change and that tats are (basically) permanent that will be there forever. That's why I figure I'll think about it some more before seriously considering it.

I want this tat to be relevant my whole life and not just for now.

Something along the lines of : "No Regrets" or longer with "Live with with no regrets, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted"

And a lyric with Go Radio's 'Why I'm Home' : "When what we love we burn, it's from the ashes that we yearn to be the phoenix that rises up from the flames" (I can just imagine the epicness of this one is I want to add an illustration w/color :laugh: )

Would some artists be annoyed with longer text requests like the latter 2 I posted?

Would some artists be annoyed with longer text requests like the latter 2 I posted?

I don't know about 'annoyed'...but they will definitely have some advise about sizing/design. That much text will be hard to read if it is too small and just look weird if it is too big. Have a design in mind...but be open to his/her suggestions on what will look best. At the end of the day, it's on you forever so you have to be happy with it.

Oh, and on the topic of healing....this was done by a different person than has done my others...He didn't bandage it at all. He said to keep a very thin layer of Vitamin A/D cream on it 24/7 and it would heal quickly.

Ha...that's awesome. Thankfully I made the "Good" side of the list. Also a good reminder that what you post is out there for anyone to find.

That's not a contest I entered!

Click the link 2 posts above you....That Leaf/Map/Rink design is mine.

Thats awesome. I remember seeing that posted somewhere else a long time ago. its a great idea

Just want to share a few from the Kings recent win. I don't have any tattoos or plan on getting any. My fiance does it though, she is getting a Cup tattoo soon and I will post hers.

cuptat.jpg

kingstat2.jpg

kingstat3.jpg

Thread resurrection time.

I got my third tattoo today, this one on the side of my left leg. I'll need one small touch-up (on the "r") and it'll be good to go!

DW_Hockey_Canada_zpsc40b1fa7.jpg

I want to do something similar to this:

untitled_zpsfeac4620.jpg

Except, it won't be names...I want "RadioGaGa" or Radio gaga, Gaga....ga ga....not sure exactly....in the banner(s)...and it won't be that big.

No, not Lady....!!!!!! The Queen song...and the 15+ years I've dedicated to this damn industry! And, a cool (at least I think so) Forum handle.

I've booked my appointment for the end of July. I will be going in for multiple sessions to begin my maritime themed sleeve tattoo. The planning is for the most part going to be left up to the artist. I know there are a few things I would like to incorperate but I am not too picky and know the guy does great work and has a great imagination. My only question is color or no color?

Anyone have a colored sleeve and if so, what can I expect for fading? Is it worth it or should I just go with traditional coloring?