Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Muskoka Gloves

All the Muskokas I have warn (years ago) were tight fitting. They are comparable to Sande MaxPro Gloves.

All the Muskokas I have warn (years ago) were tight fitting. They are comparable to Sande MaxPro Gloves.

I agree with you Vapor. BYT; I've always found Eagles to fit snug as well. I guess it all depends on your hand like your foot.

I haven't seen a pair in a long time but I recall them fitting similar to TPS/Easton but with slightly longer fingers.

Depending on the model, Eagle gloves can either be really loose or medium-loose.

Also, if you're referring to the Vapor XXX gloves, they are medium-tight in the hand with a huge wrist flair.

Keep in mind that you can "adjust" the fit of a glove by going up or down a size, this is probably where these discrepancies are coming from.

Like I said before. Your hands are like your feet and everything fits different. This is why we tell people time and time agian to try stuff on.

Do they make anything besides gloves?

They used to sell bags, pants and wood sticks/blades.

Are they still operational? Their website has been down for a long time...

I haven't seen anything new in years

I was in a LHS the other day and noticed, to my surprise that they actually had a new line of Muskoka gloves... They'd always carried Muskoka and I wondered if they were actually getting new units in of the old models or if they were just sitting on a crap load that they could not sell. It interested me because I used to really dig them before I moved onto the newer prettier things on the market.

ANYWAY, the point is these new gloves are REALLY ugly. Its like Muskoka hired a consultant for $100,000 who told them they could compete with the glut on the hockey gloves market and stand out by taking your same old gloves, tweaking them a notch, and adding the ugliest, most amateur graphics they could come up with. Oh, and throw in a MIA clone in there and you're golden. The worst part is the gloves actually felt NICE and were featherweight with seemingly solid protection!

Check out their Web Site and see for yourself. Incidentally, they updated their web site recently after about 5 years of the same out-of-date info.

I still think they are better looking then those god awful BlakBak gloves from a couple of days ago, day-glo green or not...

I was just visited by the owner last week. They are offering gloves, bags (non wheeled canvas), and a new sub-par line of OPS's. Didn't see any new goalie sticks or pants but they used to make them. They are also quitting production of wood sticks.

The gloves are very much like Eagles. Lightweight and comfy but low density foams. Plastic inserts can be added though in their custom program. Overall not bad although a little pricey. I should be carrying 12-15 pairs in my store but can't see myself needing more than that. There are 4-5 different glove models, not just the ones shown on the website. One had pretty "out there" graphics while the others had a more traditional look.

The OPS line left me wanting more. They were your typical small brand sticks trying to copy the big boys but still not getting quite there. The top end stick weighs in around 460g and its pretty blade heavy. He was really pushing the stick line hard even offering to give away free sticks with a purchase of the gloves. The best thing that they could do is scrap the pattern names. Basically Easton clones named Merlin, Jester, Curly and Bugsy. Yep, Bugsy. Not too many adults are gonna take that seriously.