Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason Harris

"Comic Book" Movies: Info & Rumors

Official site to Punisher: War Zone, which is coming out in December. I liked the Thomas Jane version, but the preview is making this seem a bit too cartoonish.

Also, I just learned Deadpool will be in the Wolverine movie, May 2009.

This one looks terrible. They should have just let Garth Ennis write the movie like he's been writing Punisher for the last couple years.

Yeah, 1 and 2 were really great movies, but 3 was nowhere near good. There were elements that could have been combined to make it a great movie but they killed just about any chance of that.

The next Spiderman movies can be great, but the direction Hollywood is going makes it look like any sequel past 2 is absolute trash- not that any movie has had more than 3 made yet.

I guess I just don't have faith after seeing the type of junk made in the last 5 years.

Last five years for comic book movies or Hollywood in general? Last five years for comic book movies have had Sin City; Spidey 2; Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. That's a good enough five years for me.

Agree, the last five years have by far been the best for comic movies. Add Road to Perdition, A History of Violence, Hellboy, Superman Returns, V for Vendetta, and American Splendour to that list as well.

Hellboy was a bit of a loser in my book and V for Vendetta just seemed to be missing something.

Yeah, 1 and 2 were really great movies, but 3 was nowhere near good. There were elements that could have been combined to make it a great movie but they killed just about any chance of that.

The next Spiderman movies can be great, but the direction Hollywood is going makes it look like any sequel past 2 is absolute trash- not that any movie has had more than 3 made yet.

I guess I just don't have faith after seeing the type of junk made in the last 5 years.

Last five years for comic book movies or Hollywood in general? Last five years for comic book movies have had Sin City; Spidey 2; Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. That's a good enough five years for me.

Agree, the last five years have by far been the best for comic movies. Add Road to Perdition, A History of Violence, Hellboy, Superman Returns, V for Vendetta, and American Splendour to that list as well.

Hellboy was a bit of a loser in my book and V for Vendetta just seemed to be missing something.

Didn't see the second hellboy but the first was decent.

Official site to Punisher: War Zone, which is coming out in December. I liked the Thomas Jane version, but the preview is making this seem a bit too cartoonish.

Geeeeeze, you gotta keep up or you'll be stripped of the nerd cred =( I smell turd as it was thisclose to being released as PG-13.

Didn't see the second hellboy but the first was decent.

I haven't bothered with the second one yet. I liked the character but the movie itself was just blah.

Geeeeeze, you gotta keep up or you'll be stripped of the nerd cred =( I smell turd as it was thisclose to being released as PG-13.

I'm wondering now if I should just get old age cred! I had remembered reading about Sabretooth and Gambit being in the movie, but I didn't remember Deadpool.

I read today about an Avengers animated series. "The new series, expected to be available for broadcast in 2011, continues on Marvel’s already impressive television line-up which includes the all-new 'Wolverine and the X-Men' and 'Iron Man: Armored Adventures' series that will both debut on Nicktoons in 2009. Marvel Animation will also debut the all-new series 'Marvel Super Hero Squad' and 'The Black Panther' next year."

Also, a rumor about Josh Brolin being Jonah Hex.

Ugh, I hope they bury the Jonah Hex rumours once and for all. An obscure comic whose star always had his lips stuck together in any of the old issues I'd seen.

I think the Avenger movies are going as:

Iron Man 2 (2010)

Ant Man (2010)

Thor (2010)

The First Avenger: Captain America (2011)

The Avengers (2011)

I hope Marvel can somehow reacquire the Fantastic Four from Fox so they can be involved. The FF were practically Avengers. Marvel's biggest mistake was selling off this stuff to different studios. How cool would it have been to see the Daily Bugle with Spider-Man on the front page in The Incredible Hulk when they traveled to New York?

It's probably better to phrase it as "Marvel's biggest lament."

I know that Marvel had cash problems not too long ago, and I believe they even went into bankruptcy, so they couldn't afford to make their own movies.

The Hollywood Reporting says Don Cheadle will replace Terence Howard in IM2, which will likely introduce War Machine.

I also read the screenwriters of The Avengers want to have the Hulk be the antagonist, similar to The Ultimates story line.

Forget Cheadle, get Cuba Gooding Jr...at least he plays hockey.

Please God don't let Zack Snyder f*ck up Watchmen! I'm cautiously optimistic....there's going to be a ton of stuff cut out from the book, I can see it now.

Watchmen looks like it's gonna be a pretty good movie. I've never read the graphic novels/comics but the visuals look cool.

What's the word on Sin City 2? Is it actually being made, or is it just a rumor still? I really really liked Sin City, so I hope there's a sequel coming sometime soon.

I hate to say it but Triple H would make a good Thor, he has the body type. I've also heard rumors the guy from True Blood on HBO will play Thor, he's the vampire from the vampire club that is like the lead vampire or something along those lines. I can't see Daniel Craig as Thor, too small.

As far as Terrence Howard leaving, wasn't he under contract for three? That's my biggest per peeve is recasting, I like Don Cheadle to replace, but I just hate recasting.

Not yet, he's been on vacation and I haven't heard from him. Knowing him though, I would think that if it was good (and if he definitely saw it) I'd hear about it right away.

Director confirms new ending for Watchmen

According to Dark Horizons, the new conclusion controversy deals with Snyder removing the manufactured giant alien squid that attacks New York at the end of the original graphic novel. The resulting destruction and terror of the staged event is intended to bring the world together in the face of a would-be alien invasion.

But, Snyder's version will include a new, potentially more upbeat ending/

Gay.