Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gummer12

Renfrew Pro-Blade 503XT Tape

Hmmm. Will be interesting to see how much more it costs than regular old tape. I'm guessing at least a buck more per roll.

I always found refnew tape to be one of the worst tapes. It barely lasted me a game before it frayed and peeled away from the blade.

I had a bunch of old stock Renfrew from the mid 2000s and it served me well for years. I got some new stuff and the regular black tape I used for my knobs used to outlast the stick. Now it'll go a season or two, and the friction tape used on my blade seems to get one less game out of it with wax. I still have stock of it so I'll meow with it, and the other compostick I've used I didn't like at all

I used to be a pure Renfrew user until I bought a case of SportsTape off of a member here. Never went back. SportsTape has superior stick and thickness IMO.

That case is starting to run out though and individual roll SportsTape prices may drive me into looking at Howies or this new Renfrew. Renfrew has decent deals on cases.

As long as those flanged edges don't lift up or tear easily once on the stick, I'm in. That one loose thread that makes the edge frayed makes my OCD go insane.

thats the thing, my biggest issue with tape is hitting the ice and having it torn sideways, from another players stick, I would hope that this tape doesnt make that more frequent, but im always down for trying new accessories.

14 games - 2 tape jobs...... 2nd one is going on its 6th ice time. Seems to be decent. Take it as you wil because I am an avid BladeTape user.

Am I the only one that tapes their stick every game whether they need it or not?

Haha, I do too. And I play roller! I just do it cause I'm anal. Heck if I get a good rip or chunk of tape taken out during a game, I change to a different stick.

Renfrew has been my least favorite for a long time. I'm willing to give this a shot though, it's a great idea if they can make it work. I would just make sure I used a little extra wax to make sure the edges stay down.

I usually wear through the tape in one game. Between catching/intercepting passes, board battles, shooting, etc.... I usually destroy a tape job pretty quickly. More often than not, it doesn't last a full game.

Am I the only one that tapes their stick every game whether they need it or not?

Nope! I take two sticks to every game/pick up...even if I only use the backup stick for one shift both are getting a fresh tape before the next time on the ice.

im hit or miss on retaping. it all depends on what damage exists and the wear. I use a fair amount of howies on my tape so sometimes i can get 3 skates out of it.

I get so many nicks and tears in my tape from my overly aggressive game of poke checks and puck cover-ups in the corners that my tape looks a bit crap after a game.

Rarely does my stick not need a teardown/retape after a game, but I like it when it lasts 2!

The ice has been really good the last 3 weeks, so it's been hit or miss.

All I gotta do this week is fix the toe....which is nice!