Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gettsy

retro

I was wondering if any stick company has ever thought of bringing out a line of old school retro sticks i.e. titan koho canadien etc. I bet they would make some good money. Who wouldn't want a TPM 2020 again?

Who wouldn't want a TPM 2020 again?

Nearly every person who has used a modern composite stick.

It's largely obsolete technology now. Same reason no one hits hickory shafted golf clubs. Plus the cost of manufacturing what is, at best, a niche market, isn't worth it.

I would be in heaven if someone would release a mid-kick composite with the lie and curve of my beloved Titan 1020 with the (Wendel) Clark curve. On that note, does anyone know which retail pattern is closest to the Clark? I believe there was also a Clarke that became the Peca, but that isn't the one I'm after.

A better, though just as unlikely, idea would be to put those old school graphics on a modern composite stick. Kinda like the "wood" bauer XXX OPS. I think sherwood is trying to do the same thing w/ their "vintage" series of composite sticks i.e. the 5030cc.

They actually sell TPM 4020 low end composite sticks here in Europe.

Hehe - I really don't know anyone on my team who has not at one point or another owned one of those ;)

Still plenty of wood/hybrid sticks available over here, but most people only use them for inline in order to build strength for the winter season. My arms got really tired after testing a friends base hybrid stick....

I got the shafts that I had made of the TITAN 2020 today. They looks great. I also got 3 wraps to go over the other sticks that I had planned on covering. I will take a few pics tomorrow night to show them to you guys.

I contacted boa a few months ago about making some customs w/ Christian graphics but they told me they couldn't do it. Not sure if they would now, but it can't hurt to ask.

Here is a pic of the completed product.. I used it last night and it has a great feel to it. The weight is light. I had it done as just the shaft as I like a 2 piece.

plm7.jpg

I contacted boa a few months ago about making some customs w/ Christian graphics but they told me they couldn't do it. Not sure if they would now, but it can't hurt to ask.

If they didn't buy the rights to the Christian name, they can't put it on the stick

Total Hockey right now has TITAN hockey sticks and Christian sticks. The TITAN stick are 2 different composites (a TPM 2020 and a TPM 3030) and a wood model (TPM 1010)

Total Hockey right now has TITAN hockey sticks and Christian sticks. The TITAN stick are 2 different composites (a TPM 2020 and a TPM 3030) and a wood model (TPM 1010)

That's indeed correct. I may be busting out a 2020 for Winterfest. Might need a Jofa 235 to complete the look. LOL

We also have Titan apparel as well as Block CCM apparel.

I am so psyched that the TITAN name is back. I am going to buy as many as my finances allow. I got a TITAN hat too, I ordered a size too big so I gave it to a friend and am going to order the smaller size. I used the 2020 last night and it was a nice shooting stick. And I always wear my JOFA 235 in games :wink:

That's indeed correct. I may be busting out a 2020 for Winterfest. Might need a Jofa 235 to complete the look. LOL

We also have Titan apparel as well as Block CCM apparel.

So I might not be the only one with a Titan? I expect that I'll still be the only one with a Northland.

Who is actually making the sticks what model is it based on? Christian too?

CCM. It's low to mid-end product.

TH licensed the Christian name and the goal sticks are being made in Canada.

So I might not be the only one with a Titan? I expect that I'll still be the only one with a Northland.

Maybe not if I see it in Michigan! :laugh:

Maybe not if I see it in Michigan! :laugh:

You've had Northland envy ever since you've seen me with that stick. You'll only get worse if I ever bring the Black Panthers.