Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wickedlite44

06 mission line

Just got my 9500s today ....9D. Bought em off the internet from epuck and judged sizing on a pair of D1Cs.

Haven't skated on the 9500s for real yet but they seem to have pretty much exactly the same sizing with regards to length.

Toes were a little cramped from the sides in the toebox of the D1Cs but fit snugly and comfortably in the 9500s (obviously the toebox is a little more roomy).

Can't comment on the width of the skates because they're not broken in yet but my foot fits in the skate and I can tie it so I'm happy.

rebel96: How much roomier do you feel the toe box on the 9500's is compared to the D1C's?

My d1c's where so close to fitting me and yet my toes were cramped, that it annoyed the hell out of me <_<

Not to mention what I would do finding out they would be perfect now, and the skates I was wearing are a ½size too big :blink: :P

well on the D1Cs when I skated my toes would kinda crunch up and graze off the top of the toe box and they were also crushed a little sideways, but in the 9500s theres very little sideways pressure at the toes and although I haven't skated in them properly yet, I think that the toe box is high enough that when I crunch up my toes to skate they won't get shredded off the top.

rebel96: How much roomier do you feel the toe box on the 9500's is compared to the D1C's?

My d1c's where so close to fitting me and yet my toes were cramped, that it annoyed the hell out of me  <_<

Not to mention what I would do finding out they would be perfect now, and the skates I was wearing are a ½size too big  :blink:  :P

Also the toebox is shaped so you have more room on the big toe side.

Well just tried on on of my friend's D1's 8.5EE and they fit fine in the forefoot (lenghtwise aswell oddly enough) but otherwise way too wide for me.

And for good mesure I just retried my own old d1c's 9D and they (still) cramp my toes.

I can fit a pair of 8.5's but not 9's, Guessing the toebox is bigger on wider models or what... Justin... :blink:

So what can you say about the toebox on this years model compared to the he950's & d1c's?

Is it wider/longer etc.

Figured it's not the lenght but the actual toebox of the d1c that made my feet scream in agony, so I might just be able to fit a pair of 9D's this year since it's not the lenght that's a a problem? btw Thanks for the help.

Justin,

Do you supply stuff or "give" stuff to Peter Dale or Vinny Free in Wisconsin? Vinnie plays in our league now, and last night he was decked head to toe in the new 10,000 series stuff. Even the graffiti pants look awesome. And the 10000 skates look wiiiiiiicked. Good job. First time I've seen the 06 kit as a whole!

Hi Justin,

just a question , not a complaint !

iv got several He5500 pants that have one leg back strap printed one way & the other legstrap wording "upside down" ........... is this the way their made ??

Happy Christmas to you & your family.

I have them, and have the same problem! I thought I was putting them on backwards. Lol. But nope, I'm pretty sure my right one is upside down.

I never would have said anything until I saw your post Est. I was beginning to think I was imagining it.

Hey Justin, how are the 9500/10000s when it comes to protection on the sides of the foot? I took a few nice shots off the sides of my he950s tonight and if the new skates offer more protection I think I'm going to get a pair.

yeah the 9500s offer so much more protection.. the boot is so much more stiff than the he 950. Like justin said earlier.. these skates were made to last, alot more work and protection went into these skates

I'm very curious about the shinsling. I'm going to make an effort to curb my use of duct tape to hold my shin pads in place...how tight and well does this internal velcro strap hold the shin guards?

Also, as far as sizing goes, are the pants on the big side this year? I wear a 31 waist, 32 lenth pant. I suppose an adult small would work? or would I have to go with medium?

Jschultz,

The shinsling works very well at holding the pants in place, but if you have shindpads that are heavy and need extra tape to hold them in place usually, you will still need tape. It secures the pants in position, and holds them there throughout the game. But like I said, if you normally need tape to hold up your pads, you are still gonna need tape.

I feel the fitting is big. I bought a Senior Medium pair (5'7, 160lbs, about 31-32 waist) and they fit a little loosely. I wear a girdle, so the waist wasn't really the issue. It's the length. They were pretty long. When I was done puttin the pants on, using the shinsling strap, etc, there was a lot of pant material hangin out the bottom towards my skates. I'd say go with an adult small, possibly a junior large.