Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wickedlite44

06 mission line

Playa...I had to dremel (grind) out some of the internal hub on my Rink Rat wheels in order for them to spin better. It's like the hub isn't deep enough to fit the bearing. So too much pressure is being put on the bearing since it's sticking out. Once I grinded a little bit out...thing spins PERFECTLY.

i thought i'd give a performance update on my 7500 skates, so here it goes-

Ive used these skates for 2 practices and i really am impressed. They are very light for a 3rd line skate and also very stiff and responsive and they are comfortable for a brand new skate. The wheels are top class. I put my ccm pf8 on one foot and the 7500 on the other and thats when i realised how they set other skates apart. My foot with my pf8 on was really flexy and my foot was not supported, but the foot with the 7500 on felt great, the boot was alot stiffer and fitted better and was more supportive.

Im still not skating at my best with the skate as they have only been worn twice, but so far they have impressed me and i can really tell that after a few more uses its going to be fly time.

One question are the black rink rat hornets the exsact same wheels as the normal yellow/green 06' hornets.

Oh and one more thing for maybe Justin to answer on the skate the stiffness inserted thing in the tongue is a bit painfull when i lean foward, is this normal as they are new or is it the tightness the top eyelets are?

today i got a look at the new skates in a proshop. They look great.. you can tell just by looking at them that mission put alot of time and made a great product. They are stiff in areas that are usually not stiff in a skate.. alot more ankle support and alot of stiffness down by the heel.. another thing i like that mission put in was the inserted thing in the tongue so if you get hit with a shot in the tongue it wont hurt. The inside of the skate looks very comfortable.. overal a great job.. im very impressed

I used my 9500's the other night, and they felt pretty good. I had them baked twice and had a couple hot spots punched out (not because of the boot's design but because of my retarded feet).

One thing that kinda concerns me is the fact that both of my heels were lifting a lot out of the quarters, so much so that I ended up with blisters. I had them tied fairly tightly but I guess I may have to go tighter. Also, I left the top eyelet untied so that could have been a factor as well.

I am considering ditching my easton socks next time out and going barefoot in hopes that I won't slip out as much.

Justin, will the slippage decrease as I break them in more? The material on the inside of the boot is kind of "rubbery" feeling to me so it's got me a little worried.

I notice heel lift as well.

Wierd though. I have two different sized feet. One is a 10, one is a little bigger than a 9. So I always have to fit the larger foot obviously. But I notice the foot that is smaller, is fitting fine in the skate. But the foot that is bigger (and a tighter squeeze in the skate) is the one that has heel slippage. One would think that the tighter fit would be more snug, and the looser skate would cause slippage.

yeh i had a bit of heel lift but now after 3 uses im used to it and it actually helps skating

Helps skating? Hmmm....I don't know about that! <_<

Wow! I wonder what the problem is?

You think they would have thoroughly checked the skates after all the problems they had last year?

Anyone else having these problems? I held off buying new skates last year due to the eyelet issue. I have to buy a new pair of skates now and WAS going to get the new Missions.

There is no way I am sinking a lot of money into a problem skate.

I still see guys here in Australia wrestle with their skates everytime they try to put them on as all the eyelets are broken. They can't afford to buy new skates after spending $1000's on duds, I don't want to be stuck like them.

Wow! I wonder what the problem is?

You think they would have thoroughly checked the skates after all the problems they had last year?

Anyone else having these problems?  I held off buying new skates last year due to the eyelet issue. I have to buy a new pair of skates now and WAS going to get the new Missions.

There is no way I am sinking a lot of money into a problem skate.

I still see guys here in Australia wrestle with their skates everytime they try to put them on as all the eyelets are broken. They can't afford to buy new skates after spending $1000's on duds, I don't want to be stuck like them.

I'm not saying it's a problem. In fact, I don't think it's a problem. As of now I'm thinking it's either:

A ) The way my foot is shaped

B ) The fact that the boot is not even close to being well broken in

C ) The fact that I may have had it too loose

The 9500 is a really nice skate. I dropped $380 (w/tax) on it and still think it was a wise choice.

i personally get blisters everytime i break in new skates. Rt's D1's D1c's.. ive gotten blisters from every skate. The 7500,9500,and 10K are all really stiff skates.. its def. gonna take a while to break in. Once they are broken in and tied fully tight i doubt there will be this problem. people have been testing these skates early for a reason.

Two people have a little heal lift and these skates have problems????? Slow down there with the accusations that these skates have problems....We have over 200+ players skating the new line for the past year, with minimal complaints or issues...All of the issues we have seen have been addressed before production went in...

These skates are stiffer than ever and will take time to break in...But they will also last...That is something that cannot be said for Mission or any other companies skates that have been produced in the past 3-4 years...

These skates are stiffer than ever and will take time to break in...But they will also last...That is something that cannot be said for Mission or any other companies skates that have been produced in the past 3-4 years...

This is what ive been waiting for! a good performing skate that will last a while. i know only time will tell but i think ill give them a go! hopefully they'll last longer than the 6 months my D1's lasted!

Hey justin and guys at mission.

Skated on new skates tonight for the first time

These things are great stiff fast comfortable.

They will definatly take some time to break in and are still more comfortable than anything I have ever skated on.

Thanks and Good job.

btw m1 stick is really pretty good as well.

Justin - How would you compare the stiffness of the skates in the new line with that of the '99 VSI Teams (I believe you skated in these)? If some skates in the new line are stiffer, which skate do you feel is the most comparable to the VSI Teams in terms of stiffness?

Thanks a lot.

The 99 VSI were a stiff skate, but the new line is still stiffer...The 7500 is closest in terms of stiffness to the VSI...The 9500 and 10000 are closer to the old Flyweight in terms of stiffness...

i finally got to see the new line in person in my LHS today...very nice!! The high quality of the boots is very apparent throughout the entire line, even on the lower end. First thing i noticed was how stiff every boot was compared to last years line. Overall the materials/construction seem much more solid than the last few years...i know that was a big thing they were shooting for this year and it seems to show through. nice job Justin/mission!

just had three pairs of He5500 pants returned with right side belt D rings missing & a pair of He7500 pants with one of the leg straps stitched upside down .Also after openning several He5500 skate box's some of them were marked with a brown stain .....

Justin im not knocking these products its just the quality controll may be an issue ?

My store in Rochester now has the 06 Mission line - the roller rink where we had a store in is closing down so I got some of the stock. 10000/9500/7500/5500/3500 skates, 5500/1500 pants, and Thorax girdle/shirts.

My store in Rochester now has the 06 Mission line - the roller rink where we had a store in is closing down so I got some of the stock. 10000/9500/7500/5500/3500 skates, 5500/1500 pants, and Thorax girdle/shirts.

I'm still waiting for all of mine, evidently they oversold and can't meet demand for the pink sticks.