Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wickedlite44

06 mission line

Jschultz,

The shinsling works very well at holding the pants in place, but if you have shindpads that are heavy and need extra tape to hold them in place usually, you will still need tape. It secures the pants in position, and holds them there throughout the game. But like I said, if you normally need tape to hold up your pads, you are still gonna need tape.

I feel the fitting is big. I bought a Senior Medium pair (5'7, 160lbs, about 31-32 waist) and they fit a little loosely. I wear a girdle, so the waist wasn't really the issue. It's the length. They were pretty long. When I was done puttin the pants on, using the shinsling strap, etc, there was a lot of pant material hangin out the bottom towards my skates. I'd say go with an adult small, possibly a junior large.

Good call. I'm about 5'7" as well. 145-150 lbs, though.

Mission sizes their pants weird sometimes. I remember I bought a pair of biltrite's in 99 (which everyone knows was missions nonskate equip. line) which were adult small, and they fit loosely. Next year in 2000, I bought a pair of senior small Icon pants, which were too short and such. Weird how that happens.

I may have to try a pair on at my LHS. Best way to do it, eh?

yeah mission bought out biltrite a while back.. and then it slowley phased out.. the biltrite gloves were very similar to the matrix mission gloves.. atleast thats what i think

yeah mission bought out biltrite a while back.. and then it slowley phased out.. the biltrite gloves were very similar to the matrix mission gloves.. atleast thats what i think

Wrong...Mission and Bilt-Rite were the same company...There was no buy out...etc...When I first started with Mission I just worked on Bilt-Rite pants and soft goods...The first year I took over design, I put Mission logos instead of Bilt-Rite and the rest is history...

I have a brand new pair of Bilt-Rite Gloves in my office with an M on the cuff. I was thinking of bring them back, since everyone said how great they were...Then I actually put the gloves on their hands and they change their minds...All the stuff back in the day is not as great as you would think...lol...Bilt-Rite was actually the first to use Pro-Glo on gloves...2-3 years before anyone else...Take that for whatever it is worth...lol...

Correct.

My brother had a pair of Biltrite 'works' gloves in '99. Next year, I bought the Icon gloves, which are the SAME gloves almost. Icons have 3 fingers, The works did not.

My brother also had the Biltrite bacon colored pants (orange and yellow stripe) that Team Mission Factory wore that year (or was that '98)

Ah, the good old days!

And Justin, I'm having a hell of a time finding many dealers who sell your gear in the Chicagoland area! sheesh! :lol:

yeah the biltrites are sick.. i have a practically brand new pair (only used 3-4 times) and they are sick.. i have them in red white and blue.. i think the 99ers used to wear these at narch,, i got them from 1 of them

Grrr.

I called every LHS in my state, (as per yellowpages.com) and no one carries my size, or even half of the Mission line.

I'm practically ready to throw them my money, but I can't. Sad, but strange.

I still wear my cuffless bilt rites from time to time. They're like winter gloves on my hands at this point though, I can pretty much fold the glove any way I want.

Also Justin its still possible to buy "new" Biltrite pads/girdles/gloves here in Europe as theres a warehouse in Germany still stuffed with it. ( guess the bought to much ! )

Mission should bring back a retro range my Biltrite factory pants were the best.

Est: where is that warehouse, and is there anyway to contact them??

My girlfriend refuses to play with anything but her old Bilt-Rite gloves, tried to convince her that my he750's were much better, but she dislikes the feel. "It feel's like I'm wearing hockey gloves!"

A brand new pair of 14' Bilt-Rite gloves, damm they would be my ticket to heaven! :lol:

The German company are POWERSLIDE & their website is www.finalhockey.com.

They tried to launch their own brand of Roller products but they sucked !!

As their a wholesaler i guess your have to ask a dealer to contact them ?

Last time i was in INLINESPORTS in CA,they had a few New oldstock Biltrite works gloves in a copper/black colour most were 13".

Hope thats of some use to you.

Couldn't get www.finalhockey.com to work, but found www.powerslide.de damm some crazy equipment!!! Especially their Ice and Rollerskates, which are without a doubt some of the worst I've ever.

For instance... check out the ICEBEAR (under the ICE section), that thing is wack! :lol:

But your saying if I contact them, they might have the Biltrite gloves in their warehouse?

btw huge thanks! :)

I'm very curious about the shinsling. I'm going to make an effort to curb my use of duct tape to hold my shin pads in place...how tight and well does this internal velcro strap hold the shin guards?

Also, as far as sizing goes, are the pants on the big side this year? I wear a 31 waist, 32 lenth pant. I suppose an adult small would work? or would I have to go with medium?

I wear a senior medium in both the Mission D2 and Mission Helium 950 Hockey Pants, and I'm 6'1", 195 lbs, and I have a waist size approximately between 34-36. I found the Mission Helium 950 Hockey Pants to be just a tiny bit shorter than the Mission D2 Hockey Pants, so perhaps the Mission line lengths might differ ever so slightly.

I tried on the Mission D2 in senior large two years ago and they were quite big at the waist and length wise. When I laced up my skates, the bottom of my pants was rubbing against my back wheel (when I didn't tuck the back of my pants inside the back of my skate).

In regard to the shinslings from the Mission Helium 950's, I personally took them off, it failed to secure my shinguards. Perhaps if there are two sets of straps on each leg than it would be a different story; one at the knee joint and one closer to the bottom. As for this year's pants, I'm not quite sure about the shinslings, maybe they made some changes?

Hopefully this information can help you out. Personally, I'm alittle curious myself as to whether the length for this year's line is different or not from the previous years. I'm looking into getting the Mission Helium 5500 Hockey Pants.

May I make a suggestion in regard to your use of duck tape, instead of using tape, have you considered using a long piece of cloth/fabric or even a shorter set of hockey laces? I secure my pants to my shinguards using a rope like piece of fabric. I know it sounds kind of ghetto, but it keeps my shinguards in place, it doesn't come off and best of all, you can re-use it. Just a thought, but perhaps in some leagues they don't allow anything that is "supposedly" loose/hanging out?

hey that fabric sounds like a good idea

my lhs sells tape for 3 DOLLARS a roll

unbelieavable

so expensive

i have a solution though to it being loose/hanging out

tie it before u put ur pants on

???

that would work right?

That's a good suggesting sichy. I actually see alot of players around my rink doing that.

Now, if only my LHS would actually get the new Mission stuff in so I could try it out! sheesh! :lol:

The purpose of the shin sling is not to hold up you shinguards, rather to hold your pants in place. Most people tend to tape their pants, eventough the tape the shins as well...Just a little feature to help save some cash spent on tape...:)

The purpose of the shin sling is not to hold up you shinguards, rather to hold your pants in place. Most people tend to tape their pants, eventough the tape the shins as well...Just a little feature to help save some cash spent on tape...:)

That's part of the purpose I use tape. I still have some Block Alternative's and Nexed pants I still use, and they're BAGGY. I don't exactly like 'em baggy, but that's how it goes. I believe a company makes these things you slip over your shin pads to keep them in place. Like a stretch material..My buddy has some, and doesn't use tape anymore. I just don't like baggy pants flopping everywhere when i skate, which is why the shin sling seems beneficial.

You can find it on epuck, called crostrap, I have it and love it!

Been a huge tape user for years but after switching to these, there's no turning back, actually prefer them over really good tape because they give a little bit still have a nice solid fit.

Crostraps, everybody I know who has them love em' :)

http://www.epuck.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ser...ategory_rn=1786

Since I got my 5500 pants, I haven't used tape whatsoever. My shins have adequate velcro to hold them in place, and the straps on the 5500 hold the pants in place very well. I was going through a roll just about every week (3 games +, and sharing with Tape Grubs in the locker room). I've been happy.

Well Justin, I'm funding your job, as I just purchased a pair of 9500's. I'm really nervous about how they'll feel! I really hope they impress me like a certain line of your 2000 model year skates.

I wear a size 8 puma shoe, and ordered size 7 skates. Hope I did ok. They get here Monday via ePuck. I would have went for saturday overnight delivery, but that's like 80 bucks.

Whew!

Well Justin, I'm funding your job, as I just purchased a pair of 9500's. I'm really nervous about how they'll feel! I really hope they impress me like a certain line of your 2000 model year skates.

I wear a size 8 puma shoe, and ordered size 7 skates. Hope I did ok. They get here Monday via ePuck. I would have went for saturday overnight delivery, but that's like 80 bucks.

Whew!

What ice skates are you wearing and what size? What size was your last pair of inlines, and what brand?

last pair of inlines I bought were mission d2c's. I think they were too big, because I could fit 1.5 fingers behind my heel, and I got those blister type things on my feet all the time from my foot moving. My current skates are the old nike's, size 8. I just found out Bauer/Nike runs big too, so I ought to be wearing a 6.5 in them. With these, I can fit almost 2 fingers behind my heel when I kick my toes to the front.