Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MIASPORTS

MIA SPORTS

Seems our company name is quite controversial ;) Being offended for three simple letters that aren't even close of meaning Missing in action is quite odd to me. Our mission statement clearly demonstrates our true values and America for us isn't just United States of America. Anyways the quality of the product is much more significant than what MIA represents.

I'll have to call you guys up. What do prices run for gloves with poly? Also, you mentioned earlier that MIA can do almost anything with thier gloves, would that include a three piece pointer finger, and tighter finger gussets?

The basic model starts to about 189.99$ Can. And yes alterations like gussets and separations can be done for a suppliment because of the additional work put in the gloves. Almost all NHL players wearing MIA ask for these kind of changes on the gloves. If you like a tighter glove, you can go with a MB11 instead of the MB22, and add longer fingers.

Seems our company name is quite controversial ;) Being offended for three simple letters that aren't even close of meaning Missing in action is quite odd to me. Our mission statement clearly demonstrates our true values and America for us isn't just United States of America. Anyways the quality of the product is much more significant than what MIA represents.

This is an extreme example but if somebody opend Kyle's Krazy Kafe it wouldn't go over well aaaaaaat all regardless of his intentions.

I like the looks of your product and I personally am not offended by your company initials, but I do understand why some are.

Missing in Action is the FIRST thing that comes to mind for just about everyone when you mention MIA.

Well sorry about that. Having a french background, I don't have the same cultural references and now understand why MIA could be offensive.

Well sorry about that. Having a french background, I don't have the same cultural references and now understand why MIA could be offensive.

Its not offensive and I dont see why its a big deal, its just sort of misleading. Lots of places have spelled things wrong (Krazy Kyles Kafe?) and it doesnt really matter. I can think of a couple gas stations alone?

Its not offensive and I dont see why its a big deal, its just sort of misleading. Lots of places have spelled things wrong (Krazy Kyles Kafe?) and it doesnt really matter. I can think of a couple gas stations alone?

I think I might not understand your post but he is referring to Krazy Karls Kafe as KKK.

The offense part seems silly to me. Hockey players should have thick skin. Obviously, you can't stop every acronym or abbreviation just because it matches some politically charged organization or criminal group.

I can see how someone might question the Made in America thing, but I understand what the story is. MINA just isn't as good an abreviation to have on the gloves and Canadien or Montreal are already taken.

If they changed the name to Made in Canada or "MIC" on the cuffs, should I be offended because I'm Irish and MIC is a deragatory term as in "Look at the cool gloves on that drunken Irish MIC."

I don't care about any of that. I just want to know if the product is quality construction and will it last? We are hockey players after all. Right?

And I'd like to see some pictures of various pairs. I'd consider a pair.

And I'd like to see some pictures of various pairs. I'd consider a pair.

http://images2.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/...21_1024x768.jpg

there's also one of marcel hossa that's a good pic. The funny part is that I think he's using the same gloves on the rangers as he had on the habs. :lol:

edit: found it--- http://images.sportsline.com/u/gettyimages...21_1024x768.jpg

Also I was wondering what the Tuff-tek shell was like for the gloves. Is it similar to nylon or the stuff TPS uses that's like nylon? I'm guessing carbon is shiny like the eagle carbon, and the classic is just synthetic leather.

Also, I am curious as to the difference in the protective foam. the VA80 vs. the tri-lam...

It is interesting that IF they had just called the company MINA for Made In North America, none of this silliness would have happened and the quality of the glove would have spoke for itself. Whether it is good or bad, only the product would have been judged.

Boys, not sure if it is too late, but better to stop the bleeding now than to hemorrhage later. So much garbage on being politically correct, in the US and even more so in ultra Liberal Canada, but it IS something a public manufacturer needs to consider...even if it is assinine. Change to MINA or something totally different. I'd hate to see a good product crash and burn because of the name. And think about this....if you change, all those MIA gloves would become hot commodities and probably be sold on EBAY for hundreds!

I dont see what the big fuss is all about.There glove seem high quality and the name is catchy if you ask me.I am going to there office thios week to see the owner and for sure order a pair.

to be continued

Havok19

I dont see what the big fuss is all about.There glove seem high quality and the name is catchy if you ask me.I am going to there office thios week to see the owner and for sure order a pair.

to be continued

Havok19

In the States MIA has alot of meaning.POW/MIA

I know it is just 3 little letters, but in this time if the states they are 3 letters no parent/ family/ friend want to see or hear. I am sure there was no offensive in the name, but it is something you might want to think about of your marketing to the states.

Well I've never played for an American Legion hockey team, so maybe they could give a rat's ass about hockey in general.

to be continued

Havok19

Exactly....I can't believe people are bitching about it. Lighten up, guys!

to be continued

Havok19

As noted, Americans who have lost friends and family in various conflicts tend to have a different opinion.

to be continued

Havok19

As noted, Americans who have lost friends and family in various conflicts tend to have a different opinion.

It's all about association.

Do you think people who had relatives who were killed in action (KIA) were pissed and boycotted the car company "KIA" when they started making cars?

I didn't hear anything about it...

to be continued

Havok19

Do you think people who had relatives who were killed in action (KIA) were pissed and boycotted the car company "KIA" when they started making cars?

I had a couple friends mention this to me or I wouldn't have brought it up. In fact one of them has contacted the FTC about using the name "Made in America" despite that not being the case. He also contacted a couple of veterans organizations that have expressed concern. Hey, any publicity is good publicity, right?

What if Easton had "made in america" on the sticks. But they left off the south part. I am sure people would be calling for false advert.

What if Easton had "made in america" on the sticks. But they left off the south part. I am sure people would be calling for false advert.

Not necessarily,south, central and north americans can all claim to be american. Not just people who live in the USA.

to be continued

Havok19

The difference is that Kia is Kia, not K.I.A. - I promise you if they were, the name would be looked at differently.

M.I.A. is an acronym wereas Kia is not.

ok, so if the company was Mia instead of M.I.A, it would be ok?

and it was pronounced "me-a" and had a meaning like this:

The Kia name was adopted in 1952 and derives from two Chinese characters – “ki†meaning “rising up†and “a†meaning Asia. Kia can therefore be roughly translated as “Rising out of the East†or “Rising out of Asia.â€

Then I can't imagine people would have a problem.