Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Duder84

First Ever Sticks

Do you know what's scary about this topic?  In a few years when this topic has about 87 pages (or more likely a similar topic is born), the answers will be Synergy, Vapor XXX, M-1...etc....  So many young ones using these out of the starting gate I'm afraid.  One can only blame the parents I guess.  I am 27, have no children (thanks Trojan!) but parents PLEASE start the kids out on a wooden stick!

Great point. My first stick was a Hespeler superlight that had a straight blade.

Mine was a white TSM 8. Forgot the brand though. Whippiest stick I ever used.

I think that was a Titan Selanne model. If so, I had a few of those too.

My first stick was handed down from my uncle, a CCM something-Jet (not Golden Jet!) with Bobby Orr's sig stamped on it.

First new stick was a Koho Euro-something with "fibreglass technology". :P

Yep. Now I remember. It was definitely a Titan.

My first stick was some czech made paddle without curve. My first "real" stick was a black Cooper but I can´t remember the Model. After that I was all Titan form the white Gretzy like (2020?) to the red 4020 over to the black 4020´s to the ASD 6000´s until the I bought an Easton Alu 800 or so (silver with green letters and somewhat sandpaper like feel)...circa 1992.

1st Generation Junior Easton Ultra Light, the brown one with the kevlar braiding you can see, and a Junior Easton Kariya wood blade..

My all time favorite shaft as a kid.

Mylec piece then I got a Brett Hull style blue and yellow easton aluminum with a wood gretzky easton pro essentially making me the man at the time

Wooden Sherbrooke (Not Sherwood) stick with a plastic blade. My first ice hockey stick was an Easton Aluminum V-Flex 70 with an Easton Blade with a Jr. Gretzky curve. I still got the Aluminum but the blade cracked.

My first sticks were a Northland and a Wilson. I also remember using a Cooper in mites.

My first gloves were dark green Johnson's.

I had one of those sherbrooke sticks too! those plastic blades were so heavy...

Haha I know right? Did yours come with a puck that weighed like nothing and a hard as hell hockey ball? I still got the puck but I lost the ball = ( It was so good. My new favorite for street hockey balls is this liquid injected Mylec I got from PlayOn.

The ball i got from the sherbrooke stick was really really soft, i tried to throw it over my roof one day(don't ask) and it never made it over....

As for the zero balls, those are the best i have ever used.....(this sentence sounds wrong for some reason.....)

One of these, I forget which:

- Canadien Neely (Black w/ white and yellow)

- Sher Wood SOP 7000 from the Admirals, dont remember who

- Sher Wood 7000 (maybe SOP) it was white w/ black, red and green like old NJ colors

Mine was a Victoriaville of some sort, brown with black lettering, Well its brown now i think because its old? Not sure, others was a Titan, white with red lettering. Probably when i was 3-4.