Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

twiztidwrista10

Toe drags

I was just wondering if toe drags are easyer with round or sqaure toes. I practise them all the time and it just seem like i cant always pull it off when i need to with my drury that has a really round toe. I was thinking about hacking off just a little bit of the toe to square it up a bit. Thanks for any help.

round

because with a square toe, if you move the blade a different way, there is only a slight corner touching the puck, but with a round toe you always have the same amount touching

I think it depends on your technique:

Round if you toe-drag with the puck closer to the mid-line of the body and the blade at an angle to the ice,

and

Square if you toe-drag with the puck farther out and the blade square to the ice.

I prefer Round so that I don't have to be so precise.

Round. I think its a lot eaiser to pull a quick little toe drag with a round toe, since with a square one you need to get almost the whole toe touching the ice or else the puck will slip away. While with a round toe you can pull the puck back just using the corner of the toe. IMO

Round toe for sure is easyer. i was using my Z-bubble with a SOP balde with a square toe tonight in my summer hockey game and i could still do toe drags with the square toe but after using it i find them way easier with round toe.