Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AtlantaThrashers01

Tatoos?

Anyone hav a tatoo? i was wondering if it hurts and what does it compare too? also what are the prices for sumthing about 3inchx3inch? And is there sumthing that they can put on ur tatoo spot so that u cant feel anything like the dentist?

im pritty sure you can get freezing packs to put over the spot. someone told me this, they never got one(of the packs) thought so i dont know what they cost or how they work.

yes it hurts

i got 2 on the centre of my back

and it hurt like a mother while doing it, and even worse afterwards when it bled white blood.

most tatoo places charge a fixed price per hour, with a min. with only 3X3, your looking at paying the min, usually its 30-60 a hour.

they usually lub it, seal it up, and ask you to shower right after with cold/lukewarm temp water. then you should shower again with that temp every 2-3 hours for the next couple of days, then lubing it with non patrolum bassed moisturizers, aka luberdurm. i used vaseline once just to try it out, and it stung like a mother...

and no

nothing to take the pain away.

Its hurts but depends on where you get it and how much detail work is in it. Anything close to bone is going to hurt. Center of the back shoulder blades elbows places like that it hurts like a mean sob. Also the inside of the upper arm kills too. Anyplace with a little padding is going to hurt but the pain will be less than un padded places.

i was wondering if it hurts

Only when you grow tired of it. ;)

I've had friends who had their tattos removed. They said the process hurt, so it was done over multiple visits. But the biggest pain was the price. Yowza!

When I got mine, I was told to keep it dry. But its on my back so that was hard. nothing about showering every couple of hours or nothing like that. It doesnt hurt that bad, but like was mentioned if your worrying about it hurting, dont get it. A little pain for something permanent is worth it anyways. Sometimes it will bleed during or after, sometimes not. Mine didn't.

40895891_l.jpg

I got my first on the bottom of my forearm, near my wrist. Hurt like hell since it was close to the bone. I don't think it would be too bad considering what you want to get. It should take around 30 minutes to do if it's fairly simple.

Every tattoo place will tell you to do something different after getting it. I read up on it quite a bit and here's how I went about it. I kept the bandage on for 12 hours, then showered washing it with an unscented soap. You don't want to get alot of shampoo or other soaps into it while it's still fresh, so wash the tattoo after you're done with everything else. Then I read that Bacitracin ointment was the best antibacterial cream to use on a tattoo, so I applied it around 3 times a day, making sure there was always at least a thin layer on. After about a week I started using it less, and starting using Lubriderm sparingly. Here's the interesting part, it never scabbed or even turned red. For the first couple day it did feel like a cut, but it didn't look like it. After about a week - 2 weeks, the top layer of ink above the skin, which usually comes off with the scabs, flaked off by itself. I know that on my next one, I will use the same process after getting it, regardless of what they tell me at the tattoo place.

As far as the pain, the best way I can describe it, is it feels like a thin, fine saw, piercing you. It almost feels like it's tearing or sawing your skin when they move it.

I used A+D ointment to heal mine. Healed up nice in about 4 1/2 days. NEVER PEEL THE POTATO SKIN SCABS!

Got mine on my upper arm/bicep.Didn't hurt at all. The only thing that was even the slightest bit of discomfort was the outline. The filling in was basically like someone writing on you with a pen.

I was impressed given the size and amount of ink, that I got it done for only $80+$5 tip. ALWAYS give a tip.

If its in the middle of your arm it shouldn't hurt that bad, and once the endorphins kick in, it might start to feel good, believe it or not.

The hardest part is sitting in the chair once you hear the tattoo needle for the first time. But really, for the size you're getting, and the placement, it shouldn't be a big deal. Keep it clean, keep it dry, and keep it lubed.

And, like others have said, if it doesn't hurt at all, then it's not worth it!

Anyone hav a tatoo? i was wondering if it hurts and what does it compare too? also what are the prices for sumthing about 3inchx3inch? And is there sumthing that they can put on ur tatoo spot so that u cant feel anything like the dentist?

My brother has 2...and he described it as more of an annoyance, than an actual pain. Mind you, both of his are arm tattoos...which are known to not be as bad as say lower back.

FOI228: I've thought about getting the same thing (with a Canadian Flag). Nice!

When I got mine, I was told to keep it dry. But its on my back so that was hard. nothing about showering every couple of hours or nothing like that. It doesnt hurt that bad, but like was mentioned if your worrying about it hurting, dont get it. A little pain for something permanent is worth it anyways. Sometimes it will bleed during or after, sometimes not. Mine didn't.

40895891_l.jpg

that tatoo is awesome! it looks really good.

If your so worried about pain, why dont you just get the good ol fashion tatoos. Put it on your arm and add water. Then your done, no paint what so ever. Or get a Henna, lasts longer just keep going over it in a sharpie :P

or if you really want to spend the money SUCK IT UP :)

The more fat/muscle you have in an area, the less it will hurt. So if you are worried about pain, I would stay away from wrist/ankle/forehead(lol?).

Wrist and ankle can both hurt pretty good, but the worst is your chest right around the collarbone region where you have basically nothing there.

Anybody know how much it hurts on the shoulder blade? I assume it hurts because its right on top of a bone....i guess that the price one pays when they want a tat. its part of the experience of getting and having one...

its part of the experience of getting and having one...

exaclty. ive got three, all on my arms. two of them were more annoying then painful... the band i have goes all the way around my arm. underarm is where it hurt. but you just suck it up and deal with it. if the tat means something to you, then its worth the pain, and time, and money.

with regards to cost... no way to just say a tat will cost this much. all depends on the time, the difficulty, size, artwork required... lot of factors go into the cost.

A bit off topic but anyone remember that guy that auctioned off his head for a tattoo advertising space. That must of hurt :wacko:

I'm not sure if you saw the same one..

But a guy on my hockey team did that.

Does anyone else have any pics of the tatoos they have?

tattoo1.jpg

My brothers. That's Thelonius Monk. Jazz pianist. My brother is a musician/jazz fan.