Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AtlantaThrashers01

Tatoos?

28696054.img.jpg

Memory of my best friend.

Sorry about your friend. That's a really nice way to remember though. Although i'm sure price was not an issue in the wake of your friends passing how much did it cost?

you want me to get a 76ers logo Lego? Haha, I'm a pittsburgher!! :) I think I want to get something woven into the stars or something like that. I dunno, they're going to be the way they are for awhile anyways. I'd like to get one up in canada to commemorate the trip so we'll see.. :-d

p.s. over 2 years registered, finally hit 1000 posts.

Ha, maybe I'll get the sixers logo just for you Lego!

We have the Panthers..but yeah.

Personally, I couldn't care less if we got basketball in the 'burgh. Get us a team and let them play in the civic arena while the Pens play in the new Pgh stadium. :D

Yeah, the picture is crappy because well, its hard to take a picture of your own leg.

Cool tatt! Sorry about your best friend.

that second one is awesome Ti :)

I think my next one will be on my calf area or an addition to my stars of some type. I need bigger calf muscles so gotta wait awhile :)

Each to their own. Some people hate mine, others really like it.

I wouldn't do it for just anyone, but I grew up with Murray and it was a case of mistaken identity.

He got shot on the street and died there. No one cared.

The least I could do was show him, that even if he's gone, someone cares.

Each to their own. Some people hate mine, others really like it.

I wouldn't do it for just anyone, but I grew up with Murray and it was a case of mistaken identity.

He got shot on the street and died there. No one cared.

The least I could do was show him, that even if he's gone, someone cares.

Amen.

2082734.img.jpg

My first one.

Craptacular picture, but meh, you see it.

Damn, this had to hurt!!! :o

Yeah, it hurt. A lot.

Still makes my eyes water thinking about it.

I'm too much of a pansy to do anything like that.

I'm with Chadd! Thus I'm relegated to just appreciating tattoos. :D

I'm not really a fan of tattoos myself, and I've had a lot of friends on my teams express that years later they wished they had never inked up, so take this with a grain of salt.

However, one observation I've had is a lot of kids might get a tattoo that is actually colorful and artistic -- as compared to perhaps the barbed wire look -- but then they don't practice restraint. It seems like they tell themselves, "Well, what if I put one over here," then a year later, "and maybe another one there." The result goes from possibly having an eye-of-the-beholder piece of art to a mish mash of color that begins to fight with itself.

Again, take it with a grain of salt, but based on conversations I've had with friends over the years, some of you younger players might want to extrapolate out ten years before going too crazy.

2082734.img.jpg

My first one.

Craptacular picture, but meh, you see it.

nice tattoo! I am going down the same road it looks like you have as far as tattoo symbolism and layout. I am having a large classic japanese style tattoo done (calico koi fish swimming upstream through longmen falls with cherry blossoms and maple leaves falling around it). Also will have it laid out on my rib cage which is in honor of my grandfather and father passing last april and may, i figure i went through enough pain at that time i can do with some more to honor them both.

I'm not really a fan of tattoos myself, and I've had a lot of friends on my teams express that years later they wished they had never inked up, so take this with a grain of salt.

However, one observation I've had is a lot of kids might get a tattoo that is actually colorful and artistic -- as compared to perhaps the barbed wire look -- but then they don't practice restraint. It seems like they tell themselves, "Well, what if I put one over here," then a year later, "and maybe another one there." The result goes from possibly having an eye-of-the-beholder piece of art to a mish mash of color that begins to fight with itself.

Again, take it with a grain of salt, but based on conversations I've had with friends over the years, some of you younger players might want to extrapolate out ten years before going too crazy.

Its hard to show restraint with tattoos. They are seriously addicting. But I do agree with you on the extravance part. Both are mine are black and would shy away from getting any color, it doesn't help either that i'm about 1 shade darker than an albino.

IMO. If you can do something that has an emotional connection that will last the rest of your life. Having a tat that expresses those feelings can be cool and deserving.

I would give more caution as to the location of the tattoo. Like people that get them on their necks or wrist. Again its all opinion, but I wouldn't be able to get something that couldn't be covered up when neccessary.

i think it all boils down to the tattoo artist who you pick, i have seen some god awful tattoo's in both black and grey along with color.

I think memorial tattoos are the ones you will never regret becuase they stir up memories and bring a smile to your face usually. Now the skeletons firing two guns, or the ever popular cartoon characters (friend of mine has woody wood pecker with a hockey stick in his hands - which we razz him on all the time) will be the ones you regret down the road. I personally want one that is not only big and detailed but i want it to be something that is a good representation of why i am getting this. Why i have endured the pain and permanently altered my body so i can remember (and have with me at all times) why it is i got it in the first place.

I say take time in getting one whether its color or not its going to mean something to the person that is getting it. And i do also think they are addictive which is kind of scary!

They are VERY addictive!! I managed to wait over a year between my first two, and now I'm CRAVING another one or an addition to my stars already and its only been a few months. I'm all for memorial tattoos and things like that, but I'm sure I won't regret my stars. When I'm old they'll tell of a time when I thought I was a little punk kid and wanted to be in a famous band. I think it'll be cool to look at it years down the road.