Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Worst skater in the NHL?

Laraques..pretty well the same as Worrell..two big tough goons.

As bad as it is he's really worked VERY hard with his skating and comes come along ways.

I'd have to nominate Antropov, but it does get the job done for'em.

When your in the best league in the world...."bad" is relative *L*

Andreychuk has never been a great skater...but I wouldn't call him the worst.

Slow-bitaille...

And for the worst stride in hockey history...I remember reading one of those Total Hockey books and it had a Hockey A-Z...he was under "herky-jerky" which meant a crappy stride..."eg. Brian Skrudland." LOL

Chris Dingman is terrible! Turgeon falls under the awkward category ....

Parker was a bit awkward as well. There has to be some mention of Ray Sheppard for being one of the slowest guys to score a ton of points in the NHL. That said, anyone in the NHL could school me on my best day.

What no mention of John LeClair? He is a terrible skater just watch him and you will see how many times he is on his rear end. He made a living out of parking in front of the net.

Chris Dingman is terrible!  Turgeon falls under the awkward category ....

Parker was a bit awkward as well. There has to be some mention of Ray Sheppard for being one of the slowest guys to score a ton of points in the NHL. That said, anyone in the NHL could school me on my best day.

what is an awkward skater?

Chris Dingman is terrible!  Turgeon falls under the awkward category ....

what is an awkward skater?

Not pretty or smooth.

cory cross of the oilers... that guy plays D and is as tall as a basketball player but man is he every SLOW. watching him is like watching someone with 50 speed in nhl2k6 try and check someone that has +90 speed. big problem is that he makes +90 speed players look like your average joe in real life nhl.

You know what's funny, though? It's how good these guys are that are terrible.

I played drop-in with a couple of NHLer's and two guys from the Colorado Eagles. I think one of the Eagles name was Brent; he was a player-coach and an enforcer. I was playing defense and he came in on me on his off wing. Well, after hearing all the guys in my locker talk about how bad Worrell or LaRoche or others skate, let's say I didn't give him enough respect. I matched his stride and forced him to the outside past the dot, when I think I eased up because I knew he was into the corner. Next thing I knew, he cut sharply behind me and roofed it past the goalie.

Hey, I thought these goons couldn't skate?? :wacko:

I play in a league with some kids that will hand you your jock damn near every time down the ice. I mean just "mad skills" (if I can quote the young guys), and not one of them is good enough to play Division I college much less AHL or NHL. I think we are comparing the best of the best vs. the worst of the best.