Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gongshow11

Facebook

I know my girlfriends friends have gotten in some shit with their parents over facebook and such, they are all 16. I usually end up buying the beers for her and her friends since they are only 16 but I've had parents call me and ask if I'm driving to parties and such or if I will be looking out for the girls, mostly because their moms have facebook now. I'm considering deleting myself just over this horse shit.

serves you right for dating jailbait

Eh, I never check my kid's facebook page. Although, I don't need to.... there WAS that one time JR told me she had a questionable photo posted within 5 minutes of it going up... so I suggested she take it down. lmao - that was the funniest. JR knows EVERYTHING.

Her mom doesn't have FB...I "check" on them every now and then. So far just harmless teenage fun and crap. If there was anything where I thought she had really gone overboard or gotten herself into real shit, I'd probably tell her mom. But, like I said...pretty harmless so far.

^they've nailed kids at my school for that in dorm rooms. total bullshit. That stopped as soon as administrators soon had beer cans expertly photoshopped into their hands

It's nearly a must for getting some these days. unfortunately.

I can't believe school administrators actually suspend people for having pictures of drinking. If someone tried that in my little town they'd be chased out with snow shovels and hockey sticks.

Eh, I never check my kid's facebook page. Although, I don't need to.... there WAS that one time JR told me she had a questionable photo posted within 5 minutes of it going up... so I suggested she take it down. lmao - that was the funniest. JR knows EVERYTHING.

Her mom doesn't have FB...I "check" on them every now and then. So far just harmless teenage fun and crap. If there was anything where I thought she had really gone overboard or gotten herself into real shit, I'd probably tell her mom. But, like I said...pretty harmless so far.

If my moms boyfriend tried to pull that on me and I found out I would go off on him...

^they've nailed kids at my school for that in dorm rooms. total bullshit. That stopped as soon as administrators soon had beer cans expertly photoshopped into their hands

It's nearly a must for getting some these days. unfortunately.

I can't believe school administrators actually suspend people for having pictures of drinking. If someone tried that in my little town they'd be chased out with snow shovels and hockey sticks.

W're not aloud to have anything assoiciated with our school online or else we get expelled. We get one warning and thats it. Any videos of us in school and we get thrown out.

Probably because the profiles are set to some degree of "privacy." Some can only be viewed by people the account-holder has approved (friends), and others can be viewed by anyone within the user's network(s). Given the fact that you seem to be relatively new to Facebook, not to mention your location, I'm going to guess that you are currently able to fully access roughly 0% of MSHers FB pages.

I guess the only thing you can do is start making requests, eh?

I know a couple kids who have gotten underages from it.

That and many different things like harassment have happened at my school because of facebook.

Facebook is great and evil at the same time.

I know friends who get so much ass from it, yet i know others who get busted by their GFs.

People in my sisters school got busted by teachers who looked at it for underage drinking and smoking pot.

Also, those of you who just graduated. Make sure you set your profiles on private or remove any incriminating pictures/groups/wall posts as employers are now looking at whatever they can to gain more info on candidates...

other than the BS, its a great way to keep in touch with old friends, much more convenient than email.

If you think about it, it's actually sort of impressive, mack - I mean, the transition from "Hey, don't I know you from Facebook?" to "OOOOOOOOOOOOOH!" probably isn't one most men would be able (or even attempt) to make.

No. You know what? It's still sad.

The real sick and sad part is, it actually does work. My friend has become a pro at arranging shoddy relationships over facebook. At one time he was juggling 3 girls he got to know on there, although he did meet them before he added them on facebook so I dont know if that is what your trying to say or not.

They need to scale it back to being just for college students again.

When I joined everyone I knew from high school was joining with their new university email accounts. There were some cheesy groups, contact information, personal jazz, a wall and pictures.

It was simple, good, and let you keep in touch with all of the friends from high school that you feel bad for never talking to again, and it lets you add your new college friends so you can look up their cell number to ask about missed classes or homework help.

Now it's just bullshit.

They need to scale it back to being just for college students again.

When I joined everyone I knew from high school was joining with their new university email accounts. There were some cheesy groups, contact information, personal jazz, a wall and pictures.

It was simple, good, and let you keep in touch with all of the friends from high school that you feel bad for never talking to again, and it lets you add your new college friends so you can look up their cell number to ask about missed classes or homework help.

Now it's just bullshit.

i agree even though i'm in high school lol, but when i joined i had to be invited because i didn't have university email, they should at least do that still.

I just sent a Message to someone on FB and got a warning message back that said I was using FB to span other users, and if I continued my account would be suspended....the Message had a very simple subject line - "Good Luck".

Anyone else seen this?

definately. Myspace was big at my school for like 3 months, then somebody got facebook, and it spread faster than aids. i have one, but its mainly to keep in touch with peole i meet at parties, and my friends overseas.

Well bringing up a rite old topic, on facebook it won't let me add myself to the school i go to network and ive tryed sending the email but it doesnt work any one know what to do?

I had the same problem!

I think it's just a glitch somewhere along the lines. It won't take an alumnus email addy from me, then I started to think if no one could get a hold of me other than Facebook, I really don't need to get in touch with them.