Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gongshow11

Facebook

Has anyone else got a message from FB saying their e-mail is not working? I have my main e-mail as my FB e-mail...and when I logged on it asks me to confirm and re-enter my e-mail because what it has on record isn't an active e-mail???

Weird.

Everywhere i go nowadays, there's a girl with a camera taking pictures every 5 seconds. The next day, it's all on facebook, of course. I know those girls don't have any bad intentions but i hate the fact that i can't get drunk anymore without my friends and family knowing all the stupid things i may have made the next day.

Everywhere i go nowadays, there's a girl with a camera taking pictures every 5 seconds. The next day, it's all on facebook, of course. I know those girls don't have any bad intentions but i hate the fact that i can't get drunk anymore without my friends and family knowing all the stupid things i may have made the next day.

Too many kids (not to say you are a kid...) post too many stupid pictures of themselves doing stupid (or illegal) things on FB.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5225363018&ref=nf

It's not just friends and family that are watching anymore.

untag yourself from the photos? stop doing stupid things? stop being facebook friends with your mother? get friends that will respect your wishes?

stop doing stupid things? stop being facebook friends with your mother?

Whaa? That isn't any fun. IF I'm not friends with my Mom, who will IM me?

Too funny Ahriman. I LOL'd in the cube farm!

I have no idea, but we had a group, and it wasn't getting a lot of traffic. The "Fan" thing pops an icon up and appears in "People You May Know." We've got more fans than we ever had in the group.

taken from FB

Pages can only be created to represent a real public figure, artist, brand or organization, and may only be created by an official representative of that entity. Groups can be created by any user and about any topic, as a space for users to share their opinions and interest in that subject. Pages can be customized with rich media and interactive applications to engage Page visitors. Applications can't be added to groups.

Pages are designed to allow Page admins to maintain a personal/professional distinction on Facebook, while groups are a part of your personal Facebook experience. If you're a group admin, your name will appear on that group, while Pages will never display their admins' names. Additionally, when you take actions on your group, such as posting on your group's wall, these actions will appear to come from you as an individual. However, if you post or take other actions on a Page you own, it will appear to come from the Page.

As long as a group is under 5000 members, group admins can send messages to the group members that will appear in their inboxes. If the group exceeds 5000, admins can't send messages to all members. Page admins can send updates to fans through the Page, and these updates will appear in the "Updates" section of fans' inboxes. There is no limit on how many fans you may send an update to, or how many total fans a Page can have. It's also possible to restrict access to a group, so that new members have to be approved, but access to a Page can only be restricted by certain ages and locations.

You can create a Page using this form, or create a group here.

Alright, so Facebook is really starting to freak me out.

Today it recommended that I become friends with my landlord and with Anthony Munoz's son Michael.

The landlord first: We have absolutely no connection outside of phone calls and the lease we signed. We have no mutual friends and aren't linked through FB in any way. My profile is very basic so we couldn't even be "fans" of the same things or anything like that. We've never even e-mailed each other!

Michael Munoz: For those that don't know, his father is hall-of-fame football player Anthony Munoz who played for the bengals for many years. I did a project for Anthony's children's foundation in college and met with Michael once. We may have e-mailed a couple times but it was at least 3-4 years ago. I wasn't even on FB when I did the project. We have absolutely no connection through FB, I'm not a "fan" of the foundation (or anything for that matter, like I said, profile is very basic). I can't for the life of me think of any way we are connected.

The Munoz thing is weird, but the landlord is totally out of left field. There is absolutely no connection between the two of us that would make any sense for FB.

HOW THE HELL DOES FB KNOW THESE THINGS???

My phone is through Verizon. I do have my landlord in my phone but not Munoz. It's a blackberry so I do access FB with it. Can they look through my phone contacts?!?

Thought you had a Palm Pre - it synchronizes w/ Facebook and throws everyone into your contacts pile. I've picked up quite a few people that way ever since I got the phone.

I've heard that some people have had FB Invites sent to their contacts lists off their BB's as well. A client of ours had his entire client list get invites (he normally doesn't include clients on FB...he's in finance).