Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarkStar50

Vapor XXX Lite Stick 12/1/05

Ok boys and girls, kittens and cats, here is the Vapor XXX Lite Stick Launch Patterns available at your local NBH First Line Dealer on 12/1/05:

Sr 102 Flex, Sr 87 Flex, Sr 77 Flex, INt 67 Flex, Jr 52 Flex : PM9, P88, P92; Right and Left.

Quantities are very limited, so if you see the Vapor XXX Lite OPS and are thinking about getting one, BUY IT because the next time your are in the LHS, it will probably be gone. My PP is now towards Vapor OPS but in the shop the Easton still sells and still fractures and breaks faster than a Vapor. My Vapor XXX OPS is still going strong. Just my 2 cents.....

I am sure it wil be priced right..

I love my xxx..... but sheesh

The XXX isn't more than any other high end stick is it? In the $180 ball park. I imagine the XXX Lite will still be less than the Stealth Grio

no p91? forget that, I hate how the drury or YP curve seems to be one of the most popular curves, especially in pros and these companys hardly ever have them on sticks.(ST, xxx light, all vectors and rbks, ect...)

no p91? forget that, I hate how the drury or YP curve seems to be one of the most popular curves, especially in pros and these companys hardly ever have them on sticks.(ST, xxx light, all vectors and rbks, ect...)

It's because they don't sell well at all. If more people used P91 than the P88, you can bet your ass Bauer would have the P91 in the lineup at launch.

The companies need to do more clones, i'd be alot more confident to try other ops other than easton if other companies had sakic, iginla curves, also if any company did a francis id be all over it.

Nike Bauer does have clones of Easton:

P91 Kovalchuk = Drury Easton

P92 Naslund = Sakic Easton

P10 Gagne = Shanahan Easton

P02 Pronger/Samsonov = Lidstrom Easton = Pronger Rbk (with a round toe)

PM9 Hossa = Modano/Forsberg Easton

And I think P71 Pecca/St-Louis = Iginla Easton

You wanted clones, here they are...

The companies need to do more clones, i'd be alot more confident to try other ops other than easton if other companies had sakic, iginla curves, also if any company did a francis id be all over it.

TPS has Nash (sakic) and Messier is pretty close to Iggy but with a higher lie

Mission has Rafalski (sakic) and Hull (Iggy)

Christian has #5 (Iggy), and the Salic was supposed to be out this year

Bauer has P92 (sakic) and Lindros is pretty close to Iggy if a little bigger

I actually dislike almost all of Easton's patterns so I prefer to actually have different choices.

However, the more pattern a company offers, the more over SKU's the retailers are. it's not as if we were still in the shaft/RB era, where you had let's say:

5 choices of stiffness: 110, 100, 85, 75, and 50

10 types of curves SR and 4 JR (considering both L and R RB's)

Then you could get the parts you needed, and make up your matches.

Now, the blades and shafts are stuck together, which means retailers have to carry a lot more SHU's than in the past, because you still have the same quantities of stiffness in shafts available, but every shaft of OPS comes with a R or L RB, which makes it more and more complicated for dealers to select the winning products.

As a result, consumers will always want more and more choice, but retailers just can't keep up with quick product life time, and minimum order qty... I'm telling you, it's not easy.

That's why I always suggest tapered shafts and blades in my shop. It makes my life easier and helps mom and dad save a couple bucks in the long run. The only problem is the shafts aren't always keeping up with the OPS technology.

does anyone have a pic of the stick? and what advantages will it have over the current XXX (it would be a waste if it were simply lighter, there is no need for a feather stick)