Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

notorious#29

Rangers vs Caps

I still think the best part of the goal was that it was Marek Malik...lol.

How about Jason Strudwick scoring for the Rangers in the round ahead of Malik?

Especially since he had to score to keep it going.

Eazy - I don't know how many of the goals that were scored, but I'm in the same boat as you, I'd like to know the actual totals.

Even pros get nervous, no matter what the situation.

Nervous energy isn't the same as being nervous. It's not a good thing if you're nervous on the ice.

Even pros get nervous, no matter what the situation.

Nervous energy isn't the same as being nervous. It's not a good thing if you're nervous on the ice.

Could you explain the difference between nervous energy and nervous?

I would.

well i guess your just the complete package then. i guess ill see you in the draft soon , cause youve got such a cocky attitude you must be an amazing player that will probably shatter all gretz's records. give it up you tool , it was a great shot , so stop trying to act cool by saying that it was an eazy shot everyone can pull off.

This is still going on? You gotta be fucking kidding me. Any person on this board making that shot in that situation would be amazing, but he's a pro and should be used to playing in crowds like that. There's a larger margin for error on him because who's going to expect him to pull that shot off? He had nothing to lose.

This is still going on? You gotta be fucking kidding me.

1. We've got nothing better to talk about.

2. Whats with the F bomb? Fellow mod Theo asked a poster to tone down the F bomb and now I see yours. Only mods can F bomb?

This is still going on?  You gotta be fucking kidding me.

2. Whats with the F bomb? Fellow mod Theo asked a poster to tone down the F bomb and now I see yours. Only mods can F bomb?

You're f%$*n' right only mods can lol :lol:

Because my tolerance for catty pecking from (what I thought were) older members and threads filled with a pissing contest is incredibly low.

Because my tolerance for catty pecking from (what I thought were) older members and threads filled with a pissing contest is incredibly low.

What does being an "older member" have to do with anything?

I thought half these threads were pissing contests anyway since they are all just our own opinions. One of the pissies was a mod anyway.

I thought half these threads were pissing contests anyway since they are all just our own opinions. One of the pissies was a mod anyway.

Being older, I thought you'd be above the whole nitpicking thing but I can see that's not an option. If you carefully look (or at least fake it, I don't care) back at what I posted, I side with no one. It's a simple thread about a simple game that has turned into crap.

And you can't explain the difference between being nervous and having nervous energy; it's something you've gone thru or haven't.

Being older, I thought you'd be above the whole nitpicking thing but I can see that's not an option. If you carefully look (or at least fake it, I don't care) back at what I posted, I side with no one. It's a simple thread about a simple game that has turned into crap.

And you can't explain the difference between being nervous and having nervous energy; it's something you've gone thru or haven't.

I won't say I am above anything or anyone. Just an "older" fan of the game. You are right about that.

Lego was pissing with Rausch so I added my two cents, no harm intended or done. I'm still not too sure about nervous energy but at my age I will take energy from any source possible.

Ok, time to move on to Nucks/Avs. See you after the 1st period...

DarkStar50

And he nails the water bottle too.... :lol:

He didnt the water bottle with the puck. The puck clearly hit the net about half way between the ice and the crossbar.

Smooth goal, and totally unexpected from Malik.

This is still going on? You gotta be fucking kidding me. Any person on this board making that shot in that situation would be amazing, but he's a pro and should be used to playing in crowds like that. There's a larger margin for error on him because who's going to expect him to pull that shot off? He had nothing to lose.

That's it mack. Good call.

But I guess if it was Kovalev out there, he would of done a 360 backflip as well as shoot threw his legs. :angry:

DUDE, you dont know how loud I laughed at this. LOL. Kovy, every time kovalev does any little thing, you shoot a load, give the guy some credit.

I would.

well i guess your just the complete package then. i guess ill see you in the draft soon , cause youve got such a cocky attitude you must be an amazing player that will probably shatter all gretz's records. give it up you tool , it was a great shot , so stop trying to act cool by saying that it was an eazy shot everyone can pull off.

When the hell did I say it was an easy shot? I said Samsonov did it. And how is saying that I wouldn't be nervous being cocky? I'm not a nervous person. One shot doesn't mean more to me than another, so what's the damn difference?

And nervous energy is more of the anticipation of what's about to happen. The result of which produces adrenaline (energy) and is generally a good thing when it comes to sports.

Being nervous involves a puking feeling, having to piss yourself, trembling hands, etc.

I would.

When the hell did I say it was an easy shot? I said Samsonov did it. And how is saying that I wouldn't be nervous being cocky? I'm not a nervous person. One shot doesn't mean more to me than another, so what's the damn difference?

And nervous energy is more of the anticipation of what's about to happen. The result of which produces adrenaline (energy) and is generally a good thing when it comes to sports.

Being nervous involves a puking feeling, having to piss yourself, trembling hands, etc.

When's the last time you played in front of 18,000 people though? How about 1,000? 100? 50? OK, how about 20? I don't think that's a statement you can make now or ever. Malik is the one in the NHL, and you're playing where you are, let's leave it at the that.

I think the point some of us are trying to make is that as much as you could call Malik or some other defenseman "untalented", they are still far and above ANYONE who would post on this message board (one or two exceptions maybe). I think a lot of you would be surprised just how talented an average ECHL or UHL bum actually is. Give him credit where it's due, while it may not be hard to pull off in half speed warmups against your C league goalie, he still had to have the balls to try it. Yea he had nothing to lose - except if he screwed it up some dignity.

Shootouts are on the verge of circus status to hockey purists anyway. Might as well be entertaining, and maybe now other guys will try some crazy stuff.

I've played basketball in front of a few thousand people before and volleyball in front of about a thousand. Is that good enough for you? When's the last time he played hockey in front of 18k people??? The night before? Yeah... he should be real nervous :huh: Especially since he was in a position to not lose the game and in a circuis type of atmosphere. And really, what's the worst that can happen if he was to miss using that type of move? That his wrist shot would've been much better? Really, he could've just wound up with a slapper and most people would be satisfied.

And since when did I not give him credit for a nice move. Was I on here slamming him for being untalented and pulling off a lucky move? No... I said Samsonov did it in a game, at full speed, with a defensemen in front of him. And then I made a statement that he probably wasn't nervous. While I don't know if he was or not, he plays in front of that many people a few times a week and decided to go between his legs and top shelf. Yeah, it sounds like his hands were shaking :rolleyes:

Dumbasses are relating themselves to Malik's situation. To him (at least it should be) it's just another game. It's like a game in whatever league someone here plays in, you shouldn't be rattled. Pitching in front of 10K and getting lit up like a Christmas tree, that's about as bad as I've gotten.

I don't care how many people are watching or what level you play at, but trying that move in the shootout of a regular season game (that counts) takes balls... because no matter how good you are or how important the game might be, your Coach will bash you into oblivion when you return to the bench if you miss....

BTW I thought it was illegal to drag the puck backwards in a shootout? It has to keep forward momentum, atleast that's the rule here in Europe.

No matter what people state, Malik's name is now a part of NHL history wheather you like it or not ;)

Patrick67...I agree totally.

It's not a matter of the shot itself...lots of NHL guys (and I'm sure a fair number of MSH'ers) can do it.

It was WHEN the shot was done....(15th shooter in a shootout to win a game)...

and BY WHO the shot was done. Like I said...lots of guys can do it...I just don't think anyone expected Marek Malik to be one of them (at least not in a dramatic situation like that).

I don't care how many people are watching or what level you play at, but trying that move in the shootout of a regular season game (that counts) takes balls... because no matter how good you are or how important the game might be, your Coach will bash you into oblivion when you return to the bench if you miss....

BTW I thought it was illegal to drag the puck backwards in a shootout? It has to keep forward momentum, atleast that's the rule here in Europe.

No matter what people state, Malik's name is now a part of NHL history wheather you like it or not ;)

I think it is the player that has to have forward movement.