Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBondo

iPod problem

Do you know anywhere that can show how to do it?

It can be done by putting Linux on the nano. It really isn't anything new, as it could be done with earlier models by using iPod Linux as well.

However, it should be noted that changing the OS on your iPod is not a procedure that would be recommended for the average iPod user. Further, the iPodLinux project doesn't even officially support iPodLinux on the Nano yet, and of course Apple will not support this configuration in any way at all.

speaking of iPod problems, I have a 3rd? Gen (first clickwheel) and whenever I turn it on I get a folder with an exclamation point. My iTunes wont recognize the stupid thing either.

speaking of iPod problems, I have a 3rd? Gen (first clickwheel) and whenever I turn it on I get a folder with an exclamation point. My iTunes wont recognize the stupid thing either.

your hard drive is f*cked. happened to me twice. you might be able to get it working for awhile by resetting and doing a whole bunch of things but it will eventually not work again. the guy from apple told me it goes in this never ending cycle, with the hard drive getting more lost each time.

your only solution is to phone up apple and get warranty to replace it.

how about the battery life on my 3rd gen non click wheel, when it gets 4 hours if i dont turn it off ever, but if i go on and off, 2 hrs, and then restarts itself, then it looks like battery has no life left but it works for another 2 hrs and the battery fills up. then dies completely. 1 year old, sweet ipod, ya right. what should i do?

hmmm my brand new 30gb video is weird. no matter how long i charge it the battery indicator will go down a notch the second i play a song or video. then the other day the battery indicator went down 1 notch for every 3 minute video clip i played :angry:

I've learned in the last few years to not go by the battery meter and rely on just what you're used to getting out of the battery.

I've learned in the last few years to not go by the battery meter and rely on just what you're used to getting out of the battery.

yeah don't pay attention to the battery meter. it's totally inaccurate.

and as for that battery problem, you can buy a replaceable battery for pretty cheap.

http://www.ipodbattery.com/

or you can send it to apple to get the battery replaced for $99? i'm not sure, you pay shipping/handling as well.

If you send it to Apple to replace it, don't they just send you a refurbished iPod back and not the one you sent in?

If you send it to Apple to replace it, don't they just send you a refurbished iPod back and not the one you sent in?

Thats what I've heard, I read it on their webpage.

yeah that's true.. sometimes you get lucky on the refurbished and get a new one in really good condition but sometimes you get the bad luck of the draw with a noticably looking used one with a lot of scratches, etc.

Just bitch at them on the premise of: "I paid for a new iPod, now I better get a new iPod. I haven't even used it yet and you send me one that's been though hell." Works quite a bit I hear...

Anyone else having troubles with the back button on the new video ipods? I have to click mine ten or eleven times before it actually goes back, and often times it just rewinds the song. Really annoying.

Nope, only problems Ive heard with the controls is the play button not shutting off when watching a movie but that can be fixed with a firmware update and is probably because the harddrive needs to shutdown first.

Im now just trying to put movies on my new ipod and its turning out to be a problem. From what Ive read all I do is put movies in my iTunes library then click and drag them onto my ipod like i do for music. Problem is I cant get any of my movies into my library. Is it the fact that my movies are all .avi and if so what do I have to convert them to to get them to play? If thats not it can anyone tell me why its not working? Thanks.

another problem, my ipod has something inside that moves when i move it, a loose part or something. anyone else have this and are there any solutions to the problem or should i call apple and get this fixed somehow?

Anyone I know that's ended up with a refurbished iPod has ended up with one that looks completely brand new.

Since you have a brand new one this won't effect you, but my girlfriend returned her 40gig not long ago when the battery died and got a brand new 60gig video ipod.

That's the fun of the replacement plan, have to give you whatever's in the price range yours was in when you bought it.

I bought a nano and mine works just fine. I would say send it back to apple.. or go to the place you bought it from and ask them to help you