Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elias#1

Favorite Dream Car out of these?

If you had the money which one of these would you own.  

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Forsberg for life Posted on May 13 2004, 06:40 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...2478435479&rd=1 

Are You kidding me! the Gallardo is the worst lambo ever. No butterfly doors, no v-12, and a only mere 500 horse...discrace to the name lamborghini.

That has nothing to do with it. If you've ever seen it in person, you wouldn't be all that impressed. For that kind of cash, the 360 Modena, DB9, or Bentley GT would be much better. Or Ford GT40.... if that's your thing.

Suprised you put Lancer as one of your favs, a buddy of mine has one all pimped out w/TV's and stuff and Im really not impressed with it. On the other hand the new 300C is the hotness.

LOL dad chillin in the VW Bus listening to Steely Dan...lol

I'm sure there's a "connection" there somewhere. :P

Hey, hey, hey, JR, I already told you, it WASEN'T a Steely Dan song.....Or in a van for that matter, well atleast I hope :P .

LOL

Just for jokes I will try and find a picture of my dad, ethier with his Camero Mullet, or his 'fro.

Watched "Top Gear" last night and they were reviewing the Maclaren Mercedes SLR. That car just blew them away!!

They have a small segment in each review where they get the same guy to race each car around the same test track. So far it was pretty bunched at the top of the list with all types of Lambos and Ferraris, 911's etc at about 1:23:xx, but the SLR came in 3 seconds faster. It doesn't read that impressive but the competition was way back.

Also the ceramic brakes on this thing are awesome!! The highway code has a typical stopping distance at 60mph of say 200yards... this thing stopped from 120mph in the same distance!!

All this from an automatic too!

I would write a better review, but you all know how to use google.

image01.jpg

image02.jpg

image04.jpg

The thing is real ugly. And every GT Porsche has ceramic breaks. Did they say on the show how fast ceramic breaks wear out? So not only do you have to spend a ton on the car, you have to replace things like tires and breaks every 10k miles.

And I haven't read any comparisons, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Carerra GT consistently beats the SLR on the track. Keep in mind that it depends on what track you're on. Some cars have advantages at certain tracks.

Does anyone else find it slightly entertaining how McLaren first teamed up with BMW to produce the legendary F1 and now they are huge into the SLR. I just like how they have made extrodinary cars with what alot of people think of as two rivals.

I'll have to be patriotic and take a car from my country, and although I'm from Sweden it's not Volvo or Saab (although I do own a Saab), but it's the Koenigsegg CCR.

Acceleration: 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) 3.2 seconds

Top speed: 395+ km/h (242+ mph)

Standing quartermile: 9 seconds, end speed 235 km/h (146 mph)

Engine type: V8 cast aluminium, 4 valves per cylinder, double overhead camshafts. Cam cover of carbonfibre.

Power output: 806 bhp at 6.900 rpm.

Maximum torque: 920 Nm (678 ftlb) at 5.700 rpm.

Maximum rpm: 7.600 rpm.

For a car from Volvo country, it's not too bad! :P

techdata_ccr_side.jpg

techdata_ccr_front.jpg

techdata_ccr_back.jpg

http://www.koenigsegg.se/

For me it's either the Hummer, the Avalanche or the SSR

All though a vintage mustang boss would also tempt me.