Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pldhockey4

2006 ahl skills competition

i am pretty sure the 2006 ahl skills competition was on last night.

it was preet good,i wish nhl was having one this year. on the breakaways this guy did a sweet spin move, and scored. and some other guy did this thing where he got the puck on his toe of his blade and flung it, it was good but he didnt score.

anyone else watch it?

pld, do you remember who the guy that "got the puck on his blade, and flung it" was? westy (Eric Westrum) used to do that a few times at practice with us this summer... and i didnt catch it, so im thinking it might have been him. did he play for the Houston Aeros? (green jerseys)

pld, do you remember who the guy that "got the puck on his blade, and flung it" was? westy (Eric Westrum) used to do that a few times at practice with us this summer... and i didnt catch it, so im thinking it might have been him. did he play for the Houston Aeros? (green jerseys)

That was him, it was really nice, unlucky it didn't go in, lacrosse style shot

I was watching more for Fehr (caps prospect) he scored too, nothing fancy, but a goals a goal.

I thought the presenters/commentators did a good job, and was a fun event.

The accuracy challenge was ugly though, the disparity in nhl/ahl was evident there, when I thought of Roenick hitting 4 for 4 at the skills challenge a couple of years back, these kids were all over the place, but fun to watch

That was him, it was really nice, unlucky it didn't go in, lacrosse style shot

thats cool. eirk went to my Highschool, so he runs our summer training program. good buddy. id like to see a video of it if any one can find one?

i however didnt watch the ahl all star comp..but i did go and see the OHL all star comp..completely sick stuff from Schremp, Wolski and company. Schremp did the michigan on a breakaway and lacrossed it from the circles in and snapped it through his legs off the cross bar 2. NUTZ

I am sure it was a thrill for the bantam kids to be out there, but it was pretty boring for the audience to have to watch. Who had the brilliant idea to include amateurs in the AHL skills event?

If I want to watch bantams, I can go down to any rink around on a saturday morning and torture myself.

And yes, the spinarama is always a crowd pleaser.

And when you try to do that crosby move with the puck balanced on the end of the blade, you look pretty foolish if after having beat the goalie you can not hit the open net!

i thought the Bantam AAA kid was the best in the accurcy shooting :P

Yeah. Cody Eakin 'won' the event scoring a 4/5 but they had to give the award to an ahl player! The crowd was going insane when Eakin won. :D

What channel was it on? Comcast had it scheduled, but it wasn't on when I tuned in.

don't know about the states but in canada i watched on sportsnet

What channel was it on?  Comcast had it scheduled, but it wasn't on when I tuned in.

don't know about the states but in canada i watched on sportsnet

I have the comcast digital, with fox sports package, I live in northern va, so it was channel 264 to me.

I believe the comcast sportsnet channel airing of it is tomorrow night (feb 2nd)

Here you go...

EDIT: let me clean this up...

2006 Rbk Hockey AHL All-Star Classic

Network-------------------Skills Competition -------All-Star Game

Rogers Sportsnet 1/31, 8:00 pm ET LIVE 2/1, 8:00 pm ET LIVE

B2 Networks 1/31, 8:00 pm ET LIVE 2/1, 8:00 pm ET LIVE

NHL Center Ice (U.S.) 1/31, 8:00 pm ET LIVE 2/1, 8:00 pm ET LIVE

America One 1/31, 8:00 pm ET LIVE 2/1, 8:00 pm ET LIVE

Fox College Sports (digital) 1/31, 8:00 pm ET LIVE 2/1, 8:00 pm ET LIVE

FSN New England 1/31, 8:00 pm ET LIVE 2/1, 11:00 pm ET

FSN New York 2/1, 12:30 am ET 2/5, 4:00 pm ET

FSN Pittsburgh 2/1, 1:00 pm ET 2/2, 12:00 pm ET

FSN Ohio 2/1, 12:00 pm ET 2/3, 12:00 pm ET

FSN North 2/1, 5:00 pm CT 2/1, 7:00 pm CT LIVE

FSN Midwest 1/31, 8:00 pm ET LIVE TBA

FSN Southwest TBA TBA

FSN Arizona 1/31, 8:00 pm ET LIVE --

Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia 1/31, 11:00 pm ET 2/1, 8:00 pm ET LIVE

Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic 2/2, 11:00 pm ET 2/14, 7:00 pm ET

Comcast SportsNet Chicago TBA TBA

Comcast SportsNet West 2/2, 3:30 pm PT 2/1, 5:00 pm PT LIVE

Comcast Michigan 1/31, 8:00 pm ET LIVE 2/2, 7:00 pm ET

Comcast/Charter Sports Southeast -- 2/2, 12:00 pm ET

Sun Sports 2/2, 12:00 pm ET 2/5, 3:30 pm ET

Mediacom (Iowa) -- 2/1, 9:00 pm CT

Most of it was pretty boring but there were some goal moves in the breakaway competition, Westrum's lacrosse attempt and Shannon's spinorama as mentioned, plus that flip it up and bat it deal that Pohl tried.

What channel was it on? Comcast had it scheduled, but it wasn't on when I tuned in.

Center ice for me.

one other cool thing was they took down all the glass around the boards(except behind the net) so fans could get a better view and interact with the players.

dont worry you didn't miss much, the Bantam AAA's were just as good as the AHL, the fastest bantam skater had 14.05 and the fastest ahl was 14.01 while the best bantam won the accuray 4/5 and the ahl's best was 4/6. in my opinions thats kinda sad.

The guy who won fastest skater and sniped 4/5 is soo good. His name's Cody Eakin he plays Bantam AAA in Winnipeg. He wouuld be 1st overall in the WHL draft but he's 5'9-10ish so he's not considered. Its not like they picked some hackshow for this...;)

i however didnt watch the ahl all star comp..but i did go and see the OHL all star comp..completely sick stuff from Schremp, Wolski and company. Schremp did the michigan on a breakaway and lacrossed it from the circles in and snapped it through his legs off the cross bar 2. NUTZ

Sorry to be anal but, O'marra was the one who put it under his leg and snapped it in off the cross bar (dirty) (unless i missed schremp doing it too in which case i apologize)

Wojitek did Bure's self drop to his skate and scored backhand.

Schremp's was bar-none the best tho. He didnt score, but he picked up the puck on his stick at the blueline, juggled it in lacrosse style until he got to the net, then faked throwing it in blocker, and spun around the other way, missing high glove hand.

not gonna lie im a big fan of picking up the puck, even tho it seems kinda bushleague to always be practicing it and getting good

just dirty.

Allstar game was funny tho

-half speed

-only one hit, which was downie on one of his friends.