Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

Lol yeah they are only the 160's but they will work til I can afford the mx3's fml kids are expensive

The skates I was running before these were an original pair for Tour Code Carbons and the sole of the boot split for the upper part of the boot so being short on cash I built these. Definitely better than my old shitty skates for sure but already have a lil over half saved up for MX3's LE. Cant wait if the 160's feel this good can only imagine what the MX3's are gonna feel. Edited by jts2004mach1

The skates I was running before these were an original pair for Tour Code Carbons and the sole of the boot split for the upper part of the boot so being short on cash I built these. Definitely better than my old shitty skates for sure but already have a lil over half saved up for MX3's LE. Cant wait if the 160's feel this good can only imagine what the MX3's are gonna feel.

what size are they??

I'm looking to convert my x7.0 ice skates. Couple of questions, has anyone used the Reebok labels chassis? It's the only one I can get in the UK by the looks of things, so is it any good?

Alternatively I have a hummer chassis but am not sure about changing the outsole to fit the wheels.

Ideal I would like an aluminium hi lo mission chassis, but I can't get them either in the UK.

@Jamie_tnt: Don't i.e. the German shops ship to the UK without additional taxes n stuff? I know ordering from UK to EU isn't a problem, so EU to UK shouldn't be one as-well.

I'm looking to convert my x7.0 ice skates. Couple of questions, has anyone used the Reebok labels chassis? It's the only one I can get in the UK by the looks of things, so is it any good?

Alternatively I have a hummer chassis but am not sure about changing the outsole to fit the wheels.

Ideal I would like an aluminium hi lo mission chassis, but I can't get them either in the UK.

I have a hilo chassis I would be willing to sell. How much would it be to ship to you? FYI its a magnesium chassis taken off a pair of 8D Axiom T9's.

• Like 1

Hey new to site but seems like everyone converting ice boots are on here. I have Bauer Vapor XXXX. Skated 72 80 whole life but want to convert over to either labeda 80s or new Hilo. Can I run a new 76-80 hilo without spacers or dremeling the vapor xxxx? How about 80s is there a way to avoid dremeling? If I run 76s across on a labeda will i give up speed?

Overall any pointers on this conversion would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by achilles089

I've found that a lot of UK stores advertise the chassis, but not many hold them in stock. Try Puck Stop and you'll get a cheaper rate on converting your skate if you buy the chassis there http://puckstop.com/acatalog/Chassis.html

Just wanted to thank everyone here for their guidance. This is my first DIY inline conversion. I still have to decide on wheel combination and im probably going to have the frames painted. Boot seems to hold plenty strong and almost all of the holes lined up on the plastic part of the outsole. I havent got a chance to play on them yet, just a couple of quick skates. I do have a question though regarding one skate:

My left skate seems to be collapsing towards the inside a bit. When i measured the frames, all i did was mark the center of the toe and the center of the heel and i lined the wheels up using my eyes. To the naked eye both skates look almost identical. Id say a millimeter difference if anything. Is there any reason why this skate may feel like its collapsing like that? I read in a previous thread about "RIck" having to level the outsole of the skate. The inline frames didnt sit flush on the bottom of the boot, but once i screwed them in there didnt appear to be an issue with that. Plus, its only one skate that is doing it. Any suggestions?

FGCjHoU.jpg

ColyvRW.jpg

• Like 1

From the pictures, it looks good. How does it look from behind? (Holding the skate in front of you, heel facing you)

Is your chassis bent? You may just need to add a small shim on the inside holes of the chassis if you are looking to level them out a bit

From the pictures, it looks good. How does it look from behind? (Holding the skate in front of you, heel facing you)

Is your chassis bent? You may just need to add a small shim on the inside holes of the chassis if you are looking to level them out a bit

Since i have no issue with the right skate (the one pictured) i lined them up side by side. They look identical to me. Maybe ill take a look tonight and put brand new wheels on both. To my naked eye though, i cant see anything being off. Perhaps ill explore the shim idea also. I've actually repositioned the skate im having problems with to have the front wheel recessed a little bit so i havent skated on them outdoors with the new mount. Just rolled around the living room. So maybe ill give it a go tomorrow in a more real life scenario and see how it feels. Thanks for the input.

Just for an update: Last night i just experimented by putting 2 washers on the inside part of the frame at the heel which seemed to level the frame somewhat. It did feel a tad better but i also noticed that when i put my old supreme 5000's on it also seemed to collapse in. So perhaps its just something with the my left foot/leg haha. Im definitely going to experiment more with the washers in the front of the boot as well. For me, it was pretty cool how much 2 little washers could make a difference in the feel of the skate.

Play around with a couple different setups, you'll be amazed at how much of a different it makes!

Tough to say what exactly you need without you and the skates right in front of me, but perhaps you just need some more lift on the inside of that skate, or some orthotics if it is your feet that are the issue

Caseyjones, did you align the chassis with the boot or with the outsole? The reason I ask is that sometimes the outsole is not perfectly centered on the boot so if you align the chassis with the outsole, it may be mis-aligned with respect to the boot.

And did you mark the center of the ice holder on the boot before removing it to install the chassis? If the skate was okay with the ice holder, you could have used its centre line as a reference to install the chassis.

Edited by Larry54

Play around with a couple different setups, you'll be amazed at how much of a different it makes!

Tough to say what exactly you need without you and the skates right in front of me, but perhaps you just need some more lift on the inside of that skate, or some orthotics if it is your feet that are the issue

im definitely going to play around with some lifts up front. I think it will help my center of balance. I've never swapped out Cobra holders for tuuks, but by putting a roller hockey chassis on a graf skate the pitch is still very noticeable. Im going to try that and perhaps on small washer on the inside part of the frames to level it out. The frames did wobble back and forth when positioning them on the soles of the boot before i mounted them. They didnt sit flush so perhaps thats part of the issue. I've realized its a very minor issue though and im only making attempts at perfecting the feel for me personally.

Caseyjones, did you align the chassis with the boot or with the outsole? The reason I ask is that sometimes the outsole is not perfectly centered on the boot so if you align the chassis with the outsole, it may be mis-aligned with respect to the boot.

And did you mark the center of the ice holder on the boot before removing it to install the chassis? If the skate was okay with the ice holder, you could have used its centre line as a reference to install the chassis.

Hey Larry,

I didnt bother taking any measurements. The cobra holders had seams directly in the middle on each side so i marked the toe anad the heel according to the ice holders. Graf also has a seam down the middle of the toe box that also lined up exactly with the middle seam of the cobra holder. Im coming to the conclusion that it is something with my left foot since it does the same exact thing with my other boots. Also, with Grafs, if you try to put the weight in your heels its going to make you wobble back and forth since they are designed for you to have your weight over the balls of your feet. This is much more relevant when the skates are untied

CCM U+ CL Crazy Light with Hi-Lo Vanguard Magnesium.

They look great! I use these boots for ice and they fit me quite well. As a matter of fact, they made me realize how poorly my current inline skates fit. I've been thinking about converting a pair for a few months, especially since you can find them so cheap these days. I would love to hear how the sole adhesion to the boot holds up after 20 or so games/skates if you have the time.

They look great! I use these boots for ice and they fit me quite well. As a matter of fact, they made me realize how poorly my current inline skates fit. I've been thinking about converting a pair for a few months, especially since you can find them so cheap these days. I would love to hear how the sole adhesion to the boot holds up after 20 or so games/skates if you have the time.

Only used them on 4 pick-up games, and they worked great. But I haven't used them since picking up a lightly used pair of Bauer APX2R.

I'm looking to convert some ice hockey skates as I can't really afford to be paying out big money at the moment and there aren't many boots that fit properly. I've been studying this thread as well as watching the video posted to youtube but before I go ahead and start making these up I need some advice.

Lining up the chassis - Once the center line has been marked and 'halved' is the middle of the chassis meant to be lined up with the middle line? I've read people having the chassis set back slightly? Also the measurement front and back is meant to be in the middle I guess?

This next question is for the guys from the UK. Now if I convert the materials used by the US guys it works out as using M3 threaded bolts? Is this what you guys have used? I purchased a load of materials but they seem a bit small?

Any help would be greatly appreciated sooner rather then later so I can get these done, raring to go!!

Thanks in advance!

Regarding the centering of the chassis, multiple opinions on that do you want the middle between the axis or between the wheels (different on HiLo, no difference on straight chassis)? See this post on the topic: http://modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php/topic/18451-custom-skates-ice-to-inline-conversion/?p=924069. If it is your first conversion, I'd simply center the chassis (method #1 on the linked post) and not move it back, you could always add lifts (no new holes) afterwards if you want to be more on your toes - just my 2c.

Not from the UK but EU, I've gone with M4 for all my recent conversions, M5 for the first but those were too big. No experience on M3, sorry (couldn't get any M3 T-nuts over here).