Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarkStar50

Pink OPS in NHL Soon!

They did offer to do it.

Are all the pink sticks being auctioned off TPS sticks?

No. Although this concept was started by TPS and players using TPS sticks, several other NHL players using other brands of hockey sticks volunteered to participate. Players who do not use TPS sticks had their sticks sent in to be painted pink. Those players were using their own sticks which were painted pink and will not have a TPS or any other logo on it.

I know Comrie, Avery, Morris, and Tkachuk all used ACTUAL TPS sticks for their games. That is all I could see from my limited TV games. A stick with TPS logos was a TPS stick.

JC :D

I know Comrie, Avery, Morris, and Tkachuk all used ACTUAL TPS sticks for their games. That is all I could see from my limited TV games. A stick with TPS logos was a TPS stick.

Funny thing...Rick Nash was quoted in the article saying he was looking forward to using the pink stick for a good cause. He never used one of the sticks. Go figure

Funny thing...Rick Nash was quoted in the article saying he was looking forward to using the pink stick for a good cause. He never used one of the sticks. Go figure

maybe he used it or broke it in practice or warm up? didn't have one for the game.

Their website mentions that Jody Shelley, Rick Nash, Dan Fritsche, Jason Chimera, Manny Malhotra and Pascal Leclaire would use them.

So I'm sure they did use them.

Their website mentions that Jody Shelley, Rick Nash, Dan Fritsche, Jason Chimera, Manny Malhotra and Pascal Leclaire would use them.

So I'm sure they did use them.

I watched the Jackets games this weekend....I didn't see a single Jacket use one. So I am 'pretty sure' they didn't use them.

http://www.bluejackets.com/news/press/arts/2940.0.html

The article says they used them (probably during the warm up if you didn't see them during the game) and they will be auctioned off at an upcoming Blue Jackets home game, not online like most of the other teams are doing

Yep, don't forget these sticks were being used in practices, and warm ups throughout the weekend also. Just because a player wasn't using one in the games doesn't mean they didn't use them at all.

I think that defeats the purpose of the fundraiser. So what if a player used it in practice? How is that acting for a cause?

I think Sean Avery wants to keep using his stick. He had a goal and assist with it. It was obvious some team mates were giving him crap for using it in the game as he pointed at the stick after the goal looking at the players on the ice. Tkachuk was the only other player to use 1 in that game and did nothing.

holy ****! 4k as of now for crosby's stick. only $1600 for ovechkins compared to crosby's. a wayne gretzky signed stick is going about $2500 now. interesting. i think its a great idea.

Oh well, I had my eye on the Fernando Pisani stick. Somebody got it for $300 + shipping. I was hoping nobody would bid and then the next time they might lower opening bids.